Members Lounge

Punjabi's celebrate Bandi Chod not Diwali

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

filmigirl12693

filmigirl12693

Posted: 09 October 2006 at 10:01am | IP Logged

Hey all punjabi's did u guys no we don't celebrate Diwali it's really called Bandi chod Diwali is a hindu religon but it was really dat Guru Hargobind Sahib waz take by dis king who took away 52  hindu kings and put them in dis jail type of thing ait waz for 3-5 years and each year some ladies would always come and do Kirtan lata on when they said he could go he told them dat he would only go if they would let all the other men go too so they decided to play a trick on him and said ok all the people who grab your (i don't no what it' scalled but itz a long cloth abt 3 feet) they thought dat only abt 3 or 4 men could grab on to it he accpected and the cloth grew to where all 52 men could grab on and they all were free which waz called Bandi Chod Bhandi meaning the jail and Chod is freedom I learned dis when i went to punjabi skool yesterday our teacher said dat itz common dat we dont no dis because most mix our religon wit hindus so abt 80% sikh no abt Diwali and how it happened and only 20% no abt Bandi Chod dont u guys think dats sad so itz our job to pass dis on to our family members and friends because dis is our history and if we don't say anythin then how will others no about it so im just asking u guys tell others abt it and to reseach because im not saying dat i no everything abt it

Lots of Luv

Kiran

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Punjabi's celebrate Bandi Chod not Diwali" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top