Mohe Rang De

Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 7:31am | IP Logged

Gautam Hegdegrills the lead pair of the 1942-based love story Mohe Rang De on names, events and dates...

Gavie Chahal's real name is Navdeepak Singh Chahal. He arrived in Mumbai three years ago. After a brief stint in
Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu thi, Gavie returned to Punjab to try his luck in Punjabi films. He took up Mohe Rang De because it promised to be a clutter breaker. A self-confessed "hot-blooded guy who loves action scenes," Gavie was to shoot his introduction scene in a two-seater aircraft which didn't materialise. The actor is nervous about scenes in which he barely has lines. His car rammed into co-star Prabhleen Sandhu during one sequence. Gavie says that since it was a vintage car, it took a while to brake it to a halt. Prabhleen's leg was injured. Did she scold him? "Marna hai usko mujhe daant ke?" he mock-growls.

Prabhleen Sandhu is a Punjabi film actress. She didn't want to work on TV despite being coaxed by her mother and friends. She tested for Mohe Rang De though. After the test, she backed out. It was only when her hero Gavie Chahal and producer Deepti Bhatnagar convinced her, that she took it on. Now the 24-year-old is thrilled that she gets to climb walls and do action sequences involving fire.

Prabhleen's introduction in the show involved a bomb blast. The actress didn't realise the seriousness of the shoot until she saw that 60 litres of petrol were used for the blast. "I asked the unit guys if the sound would be like crackers at Diwali," she giggles. The shot was okayed in one take.

The Quiz:

Who said,"Give me blood and I shall give you freedom!"
Gavie: Subhash Chandra Bose.  
Prabhleen: (Confirms with make-up man) Subhash Chandra Bose.
Correct answer: Subhash Chandra Bose

Who were popularly known as Lal Bal Pal?
Gavie
: Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak. Pal.. hmm.. grace mark dijiye.
Prabhleen: Lal Bahadur Shastri, Bal Gangadhar Tilak? Pal I don't know.
Correct answer: Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal

Who shot Mahatma Gandhi?
Gavie: Nathuram Godse
Prabhleen: Nathuram Godse
Correct answer: Nathuram Godse

Which freedom fighter, a poetess was the first woman governor of UP in independent India?
Gavie
: Can't recollect.
Prabhleen: (Cuts in before the question is completed) Sarojini Naidu.
Correct answer: Sarojini Naidu

The first Prime Minister of India, he also wrote Discovery of India. Whom am I talking about?
Gavie: Jawaharlal Nehru.
Prabhleen: Nehruji.
Correct answer: Jawaharlal Nehru

Which freedom fighter was also called the Iron Man Of India?
Gavie: Don't know.
Prabhleen: Lal Bahadur Shastri?
Correct answer: Sardar Vallabbhai Patel

When was Bhagat Singh hanged till death?
Gavie
: He was 23 when he died and was born in March 1907.. so.. (calculates) 23 March 1931.
Prabhleen: 23 March 1931.
Correct answer: 23 March 1931

Which gruesome incident occured on April 13, 1919 in Amritsar?
Gavie: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
Prabhleen: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
Correct answer: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.

Who is referred to as the Father of the Nation in Pakistan?
Gavie
: Jinnah
Prabhleen: Jinnah
Correct answer: Mohammed Ali Jinnah

In which year did the Quit India Movement begin?
Gavie: 1857? No, no that was the first revolt. It is 1942.. how can I forget? Our show is based in that period!
Prabhleen: 1941?
Correct answer: 1942

Gavie's score: 8/10
Prabhleen's score: 7.5/ 10Embarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner (Page 2)" in Mohe Rang De forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 02 February 2009 at 5:59am | IP Logged

When Punjab came alive on the sets

Mohe Rang De, a Sphere Origins Production has completed its hundred episodes on Tuesday 20th of January.

They celebrated it on the sets itself in the 90's style. They had loads of fun on the sets and had a cake cutting ceremony with bailgadis and horses on the sets.

The lead actor Rajveer rode the horse and made female lead Kranti too ride the horse along with him. Both the lead actors of the serial are Punjabi so they got nostalgic about the whole Punjabi theme of celebrating the hundred episodes. They missed their hometown Punjab but no doubt they got a home away from home.

Kranti the female lead was on cloud nine and celebrated it in real Punjabi kudi style as she got the the pinnis(punjabi sweet) from her home town Punjab for the whole cast and crew. Kranti spoke to us and said that she is really happy about the serial completing the hundred episodes and also about the depiction of punjabi culture on the national television.

Mohe rang de is the story of two different individuals Rajbir and Kranti who have different ideologiesThese two people meet and their life takes a new course. Rajbir changes his whole life to be with the woman he loves and Kranti finally finds her family. The star cast includes Prableen Sandhu as Kranti, Gavie Chehal as Rajbir and it is aired at 9:30p.m. on Colors. We wish the whole cast and crew for making the century and hope that they will complete many more in near future.

--- SAMPURN

Link:-

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-79772.html

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
India's pride
Patriotic stars on three things that make us proud

Varun Badola:

1 What really sets us apart from the rest is that despite the economic development, our approach towards life hasn't changed. We still value our culture and traditions. You normally don't associate this with a developed country.

2 Corruption has multiplied with our progress. However, somehow our country still hangs in the balance. We've learnt to survive on relations rather than profession. A multi-racial country and yet we are still one.

3 I haven't checked the facts but I believe that over the years the brain drain has reduced. The best minds, who earlier settled abroad, are now returning to their nation.

Parul Chauhan:

1 Firstly, it will have to be Bidaai. (laughs)

2 Discrimination on grounds of colour has reduced. Plus, the increase in the number of girl students is something to be very proud of.

3 Abhinav Bindra. After all, he's the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympics. This truly is a great moment for all of us.

Kiran Kumar:

1 Firstly, it has to be Abhinav Bindra. He's won us the first individual gold medal at the Olympics.

2 The economic boom in the country

3 The rains! It's pouring all over the country so this will lead to more agricultural growth and also better electric supply.

Prabhleen Sandhu:

1 That we still value our traditions and other customs is something to be proud of.

2 The economic development. Unemployment has reduced over the years.

3 Lastly, India should be about Prabhleen Sandhu. Ah! I'm just kidding.

Karan Oberoi:

1 Firstly, we all should be proud of the fact that we are Indians.

2 Arguably we are the most intelligent people in the whole world.

3 Lastly, we should be proud of our traditions and values. We are very emotional people and still believe in the concept of a family. You don't find this in the western world.

Edited by watz_your_name - 06 February 2009 at 2:07pm

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:15pm | IP Logged

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Mohe Rang De- a period love story by channel Colors and its Stars

If you are bored up with the similar kind of shows running on different channels then there is a fresh offering for you- Mohe Rand De on channel Colors. It is produced by the company of model cum actress Deepti Bhatnagar- Deepti Bhatnagar . Before this periodic love this production house has made shows like Musafir Hoon Yaron, Yatra, Exotica, Shanti home, Kabhi Aaye Na Judai etc.
Mohe Rang De is a fictional love story set in the background of pre- independence period- the time of Quit India movement. It is a story of Rajbir and Kranti who are totally different from each other. Where Rajbir is in favor of British rule in India, Kranti like her is a real Krantikari (freedom fighter) who wants to free India from the British rule as soon as possible. Destiny brought the two together and soon Rajbir falls for Kranti. And this new relationship changes all his views and he is totally transformed.
The main fascinating feature about the show is its star cast. Gavie Chahal or Navdeepak Singh Chahal (his real name) who is a well known name in Punjabi film industry is playing the main male lead- Rajbir. The female lead is also portrayed by a Punjabi kudi- Prableen Sandhu who is also a Punjabi film star. Mohe Rang De is not a new project for both the main leads, the couple has done a few Punjabi films together before. Infact Gavie Chahal who was selected for this show earlier recommended the name of Prableen.

Gavie Chahal and Prableen Sandhu in Punjabi movie- Mehndi Wale Hath
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the Link to this above article..(Click on the link and Just scroll down a bit)

Oh my god look at the picture..both r looking so different and cute naShockedEmbarrassed...no wonder after doing so many films together they both hv a crackling chemistryEmbarrassed

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
TV stars in a state of shock

The terrorist attacks have shaken the city. Though filming for serials is on as usual, members of the small screen express their fear, shock and hope.

Avika Gor (Anandi of Balika Vadhu) thinks Mumbai is going through a very bad phase. "It is the worst phase for all Mumbaikars; it is one of the most shocking things I've ever seen and heard! All I can say and hope is that this issue gets solved and settled as soon as possible and Mumbai gets it's lost pace back"
Sara Khan (Sadhna of Bidaai) is scared. "I am very scared! I am seeing something like this for the first time in a city like Mumbai; I always thought Mumbai was very safe". She feels that this incident has proved that the hotels in the city are also not safe anymore.

Neha Bamb (Maahi of Maayka) is shocked. "It's damn sad and shocking to see such a situation in Mumbai even though this is not the first time. Some victims would have been on their way home from work. It'll be so shocking and unexpected for their families to believe and accept that their beloved will never return! Now there is no certainty whether we will return home or not. The worst and the most unfortunate part is that innocent people and migrants from the other countries have been targeted without any reason." She feels that no place in the city is safe "not even our houses!"

Delnaz Paul is too shaken for words. "I am not in a state of mind to say anything because of all this. Mumbai is not safe anymore, anything can happen anywhere now .We never expected that five star hotels would have to face such a situation .It is too much now and I guess one day will come when people will not be scared of anything. If tomorrow something like this happens again then we all will ignore it and will continue with our normal lives. There is no place left now which is completely safe and immune to attacks."

Gavie Chanchal (Rajbir of Mohe Rang De) is praying for everything to return to normal." We are shooting today; the news is very sad and devastating. I pray everything returns to normal. God bless the affected ones. As far as security is concerned, there is nothing to say as it is very poor and the intelligence is zero.1.5 lakh English men ruled on 30 crore people for 200 years and we are talking about security?"

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2008/November/News_20081128_151

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:22pm | IP Logged
Republic Day Article on Gavie-Prabhleen
2009 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
Prabhleen Sandhu(Kranti of Mohe Rang De)

I have not changed much as a person as Prabhleen is very much like Kranti. But definitely my love towards my country has multiplied. Also since I hail from Firozpur, a small town on the Indo-Paksitan border, I strongly feel for the heroes who have laid down their lives for our country. As far as transformation that has been brought by this show is to be talked about I would say that if earlier I used to think 6 times in a year for my country then now it has increased to a 100 times a month. I feel corruption should be uprooted completely from this country. If this problem gets solved then there will be no unemployment and no poverty.

Gavie Chaha(Rajveer of Mohe Rang De)

The role indeed has changed me a lot as I have been playing the character of Rajveer for the past seven months. I have now started relating to and believing in the character. I was already an emotional person and now I have become softer. I always feel for the children who are deprived of the luxury that other kids enjoy. I also feel at times that all the sacrifices by our patriots have gone in vain as we still face so many problems. We still are victims to the divide and rule policy of various parties. Given a chance I would try to eradicate corruption from our country. It is very disappointing to see people in authority not functioning properly.

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 06 February 2009 at 2:29pm | IP Logged

Gavie(Raj) down with Slip Disc Problem:TB Article

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3965

Post Reply New Post

Go to top