Mohe Rang De

Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner

Anashah1980 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Mohe Rang De

Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews/news related to the show

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards

MRD Dev Team

Edited by jyoti06 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anashah1980 thumbnail

Mohe Rang De on COLORS aims to break Saas-Bahu stereotypes..

The very different period drama Mohe Rang De on COLORS launches on 21st July at 9.30 PM. Here are the lead actors Gavie Chahal and Prabhleen Sandhu talking on their roles...
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2867

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Yuvraj Singh's dad to debut on TV
The cricketer's pa will be seen in Colors' serial Mohe Rang De

Now it's time for another big debut. And this time it's not a star son but a star dad entering the small screen.

Cricketer Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj will be seen playing the character of Kulbhushan, father to the male lead in Deepti Bhatnagar's show Mohe Rang De on Colors.

However, the senior Singh is not altogether new to acting. He's a Punjabi actor and will be seen in a film soon with son Yuvraj.

http://www.buzz18.com/news/tv/yuvraj-singhs-dad-to-debut-on-tv/71301/0 

Intrepida thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
shruti thumbnail

Prabhleen%20Sandhu
Prabhleen Sandhu, budding actress.

How did you begin acting?

I was always inclined towards acting. It still fascinates me. Somebody saw me at one of the functions, proposed my name to the director of Punjabi movie 'Ik Jind Ik Jaan'. I got selected after the auditions. I play the role of a sister of Aryan Vaid and Raj Babbar.

How do you feel working with such renowned actors?

I was on top of the world. Neither had I joined any acting school nor had somebody trained me. It is just inborn. By the grace of Almighty, I never felt insecure while working with such big names. I have been appreciated by my director and producer. Everybody in the unit is supporting; they do not let you feel that you are a newcomer.

Is acting not going to affect your studies?

Presently I am doing my masters in English. It is not that throughout the year one has to study. I am quite good at studies. My principal and faculty members have been very supportive and my family is encouraging. I think I will be able to manage well both in studies and in acting. Not only this, I will continue with acting in future, too.

— Shivani Bhakoo

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20051009/ldh1.htm

shruti thumbnail
ARJUN QUITS 'MOHE…'
[21 Aug 2008]

Arjun Bijlani, the television actor who plays the character of Sanjay in 'Mohe Rang De' being telecast on Colors, has decided to quit the show for greener pastures.

Arjun's character in the show is not that of the main lead and instead he plays the friend of main lead Gavie Chahal. The sources from the production house say that Arjun has already talked to the channel and the production house of 'Mohe Rang De' and it was all done in a very amicable way. In fact, he wanted to accommodate 'Mohe…'  but it was not possible as its shooting takes place in Rajpeepla, Gujarat, while the new soap ( being offered by Endemol) is going to be shot in Mumbai.

The insiders reveal that Arjun Bijlani has been offered the lead role in a new serial to be launched by Endemol in collaboration with Sunshine Productions. The show will be telecast on Star One channel and Rati Pandey of 'Har Ghar Kuchch Kehta Hai' fame will play the female lead. 

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2690&Itemid=231

Anashah1980 thumbnail

I'm here for unique and challenging roles: Gavie Chahal
by Vidhya Krishnan
Sep 08, 2008, Bangalore

He is fast winning himself a loyal fanbase with his anti-hero act in Mohe Rang De. But a conversation with him reveals that this is just one of the many hats he has worn in his diverse career. He has modeled on television, participated in pageants, acted in music videos, ads, and several movies, including a Punjabi film under the Yash Raj banner. Recently, he also won the adventure reality show Fear Factor. His natural ease in front of the camera belies the fact that his journey into stardom is purely accidental. Gavie spoke to Vidhya Krishnan about work and life beyond work.

On his role…
Mohe Rang De is a love story set in pre-independence India. I play Rajveer, an arrogant lawyer who has spent ten years in England. His sense of dressing reflects his affinity for the English way of living. He returns to India a little before the Quit India Movement is to begin. Unlike the Indian nationalists, he believes in the British Government and the reforms brought in by them. His British leanings earn him the ire of Indian nationalists. The twist in the plot arrives when he falls in love with a lady fighting for the Indian independence.
<br />How he got the role…
A friend of mine suggested that I audition for this role. Though daily soaps were not high on my agenda, the unconventional story line fascinated me. I auditioned and got selected. I found the subject very interesting. Rajveer is not a freedom fighter but is still the lead character in the story.

The challenging bit…
The character I play is an arrogant and rigid person, something that is a stark contrast to my personality. I had to work really hard on my mannerisms and body language initially. I worked with my director to get it right. Now all I have to do is get dressed and Rajveer and the other nuances of his personality follow naturally.

Roles I like…
I am not very choosy about roles but I ensure that I don't take up run of the mill scripts. I prefer roles that are unique and challenging.

The balancing act between personal and professional life…
Working for a daily soap leaves me with very little time for myself. It's been a while since I met my family and took time off. But I just keep in mind that I am here to do my job and focus on my career, which is my number one priority. The balancing act is difficult but I don't let these things affect me. When I do get some time off, I rest as much as I can, work out in the gym and catch up on the latest movies.

If not an actor, I would be....
A Mechanical Engineer working in some part of the USA. Acting is something that happened by chance. I was involved in a lot of cultural activities in school and I knew I had the potential. What I didn't know is that my hobby would become my profession.

Small screen vis--vis big screen…
Both of them require good acting skills but the stress levels are different. The big screen allows you more time compared to the small screen, which is very hectic. I personally love working for the big screen.

Daily soaps vis--vis Reality shows…
Daily soaps are tough because you have daily deadlines. I prefer reality TV. Shows like Fear Factor and Bigg Boss are different and we need more of such concepts.

On TV, I watch…
Sports and Tom & Jerry cartoon.

Other projects…
Apart from Mohe Rang De, I am doing a few Punjabi movies. I am sufficiently busy with these.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/gavie_chahal_interview/september-08-2008/gavie_chahal_interview_mohe_rang_de.html
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

Gautam Hegdegrills the lead pair of the 1942-based love story Mohe Rang De on names, events and dates...

Gavie Chahal's real name is Navdeepak Singh Chahal. He arrived in Mumbai three years ago. After a brief stint in
Kyunki Saas bhi Kabhi Bahu thi, Gavie returned to Punjab to try his luck in Punjabi films. He took up Mohe Rang De because it promised to be a clutter breaker. A self-confessed "hot-blooded guy who loves action scenes," Gavie was to shoot his introduction scene in a two-seater aircraft which didn't materialise. The actor is nervous about scenes in which he barely has lines. His car rammed into co-star Prabhleen Sandhu during one sequence. Gavie says that since it was a vintage car, it took a while to brake it to a halt. Prabhleen's leg was injured. Did she scold him? "Marna hai usko mujhe daant ke?" he mock-growls.

Prabhleen Sandhu is a Punjabi film actress. She didn't want to work on TV despite being coaxed by her mother and friends. She tested for Mohe Rang De though. After the test, she backed out. It was only when her hero Gavie Chahal and producer Deepti Bhatnagar convinced her, that she took it on. Now the 24-year-old is thrilled that she gets to climb walls and do action sequences involving fire.

Prabhleen's introduction in the show involved a bomb blast. The actress didn't realise the seriousness of the shoot until she saw that 60 litres of petrol were used for the blast. "I asked the unit guys if the sound would be like crackers at Diwali," she giggles. The shot was okayed in one take.

The Quiz:

Who said,"Give me blood and I shall give you freedom!"
Gavie: Subhash Chandra Bose.  
Prabhleen: (Confirms with make-up man) Subhash Chandra Bose.
Correct answer: Subhash Chandra Bose

Who were popularly known as Lal Bal Pal?
Gavie
: Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak. Pal.. hmm.. grace mark dijiye.
Prabhleen: Lal Bahadur Shastri, Bal Gangadhar Tilak? Pal I don't know.
Correct answer: Lala Lajpat Rai, Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Bipin Chandra Pal

Who shot Mahatma Gandhi?
Gavie: Nathuram Godse
Prabhleen: Nathuram Godse
Correct answer: Nathuram Godse

Which freedom fighter, a poetess was the first woman governor of UP in independent India?
Gavie
: Can't recollect.
Prabhleen: (Cuts in before the question is completed) Sarojini Naidu.
Correct answer: Sarojini Naidu

The first Prime Minister of India, he also wrote Discovery of India. Whom am I talking about?
Gavie: Jawaharlal Nehru.
Prabhleen: Nehruji.
Correct answer: Jawaharlal Nehru

Which freedom fighter was also called the Iron Man Of India?
Gavie: Don't know.
Prabhleen: Lal Bahadur Shastri?
Correct answer: Sardar Vallabbhai Patel

When was Bhagat Singh hanged till death?
Gavie
: He was 23 when he died and was born in March 1907.. so.. (calculates) 23 March 1931.
Prabhleen: 23 March 1931.
Correct answer: 23 March 1931

Which gruesome incident occured on April 13, 1919 in Amritsar?
Gavie: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
Prabhleen: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.
Correct answer: Jallianwala Bagh massacre.

Who is referred to as the Father of the Nation in Pakistan?
Gavie
: Jinnah
Prabhleen: Jinnah
Correct answer: Mohammed Ali Jinnah

In which year did the Quit India Movement begin?
Gavie: 1857? No, no that was the first revolt. It is 1942.. how can I forget? Our show is based in that period!
Prabhleen: 1941?
Correct answer: 1942

Gavie's score: 8/10
Prabhleen's score: 7.5/ 10😳

jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8

When Punjab came alive on the sets

Mohe Rang De, a Sphere Origins Production has completed its hundred episodes on Tuesday 20th of January.

They celebrated it on the sets itself in the 90's style. They had loads of fun on the sets and had a cake cutting ceremony with bailgadis and horses on the sets.

The lead actor Rajveer rode the horse and made female lead Kranti too ride the horse along with him. Both the lead actors of the serial are Punjabi so they got nostalgic about the whole Punjabi theme of celebrating the hundred episodes. They missed their hometown Punjab but no doubt they got a home away from home.

Kranti the female lead was on cloud nine and celebrated it in real Punjabi kudi style as she got the the pinnis(punjabi sweet) from her home town Punjab for the whole cast and crew. Kranti spoke to us and said that she is really happy about the serial completing the hundred episodes and also about the depiction of punjabi culture on the national television.

Mohe rang de is the story of two different individuals Rajbir and Kranti who have different ideologiesThese two people meet and their life takes a new course. Rajbir changes his whole life to be with the woman he loves and Kranti finally finds her family. The star cast includes Prableen Sandhu as Kranti, Gavie Chehal as Rajbir and it is aired at 9:30p.m. on Colors. We wish the whole cast and crew for making the century and hope that they will complete many more in near future.

--- SAMPURN

Link:-

http://www.newkerala.com/topstory-fullnews-79772.html

Anashah1980 thumbnail
India's pride
Patriotic stars on three things that make us proud

Varun Badola:

1 What really sets us apart from the rest is that despite the economic development, our approach towards life hasn't changed. We still value our culture and traditions. You normally don't associate this with a developed country.

2 Corruption has multiplied with our progress. However, somehow our country still hangs in the balance. We've learnt to survive on relations rather than profession. A multi-racial country and yet we are still one.

3 I haven't checked the facts but I believe that over the years the brain drain has reduced. The best minds, who earlier settled abroad, are now returning to their nation.

Parul Chauhan:

1 Firstly, it will have to be Bidaai. (laughs)

2 Discrimination on grounds of colour has reduced. Plus, the increase in the number of girl students is something to be very proud of.

3 Abhinav Bindra. After all, he's the first Indian to win an individual gold medal at the Olympics. This truly is a great moment for all of us.

Kiran Kumar:

1 Firstly, it has to be Abhinav Bindra. He's won us the first individual gold medal at the Olympics.

2 The economic boom in the country

3 The rains! It's pouring all over the country so this will lead to more agricultural growth and also better electric supply.

Prabhleen Sandhu:

1 That we still value our traditions and other customs is something to be proud of.

2 The economic development. Unemployment has reduced over the years.

3 Lastly, India should be about Prabhleen Sandhu. Ah! I'm just kidding.

Karan Oberoi:

1 Firstly, we all should be proud of the fact that we are Indians.

2 Arguably we are the most intelligent people in the whole world.

3 Lastly, we should be proud of our traditions and values. We are very emotional people and still believe in the concept of a family. You don't find this in the western world.

Edited by watz_your_name - 15 years ago