Page 2 Page 4

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:52am | IP Logged

Mohe Rang De

Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews/news related to the show

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television so don't post articles from the above sites.

Kindly provide link to the article. Don't post any comments out here it would be deleted.

Regards

MRD Dev Team

Edited by jyoti06 - 09 January 2009 at 7:21am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mohe Rang De Interviews/News Corner" in Mohe Rang De forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 22 July 2008 at 8:56am | IP Logged

Mohe Rang De on COLORS aims to break Saas-Bahu stereotypes..

The very different period drama Mohe Rang De on COLORS launches on 21st July at 9.30 PM. Here are the lead actors Gavie Chahal and Prabhleen Sandhu talking on their roles...
http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=2867

Edited by watz_your_name - 06 February 2009 at 2:03pm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 31 July 2008 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Yuvraj Singh's dad to debut on TV
The cricketer's pa will be seen in Colors' serial Mohe Rang De

Now it's time for another big debut. And this time it's not a star son but a star dad entering the small screen.

Cricketer Yuvraj Singh's father Yograj will be seen playing the character of Kulbhushan, father to the male lead in Deepti Bhatnagar's show Mohe Rang De on Colors.

However, the senior Singh is not altogether new to acting. He's a Punjabi actor and will be seen in a film soon with son Yuvraj.

http://www.buzz18.com/news/tv/yuvraj-singhs-dad-to-debut-on-tv/71301/0 

Intrepida

IF-Rockerz

Intrepida

Posted: 08 August 2008 at 3:14pm | IP Logged

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 22 August 2008 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Prabhleen%20Sandhu
Prabhleen Sandhu, budding actress.

How did you begin acting?

I was always inclined towards acting. It still fascinates me. Somebody saw me at one of the functions, proposed my name to the director of Punjabi movie 'Ik Jind Ik Jaan'. I got selected after the auditions. I play the role of a sister of Aryan Vaid and Raj Babbar.

How do you feel working with such renowned actors?

I was on top of the world. Neither had I joined any acting school nor had somebody trained me. It is just inborn. By the grace of Almighty, I never felt insecure while working with such big names. I have been appreciated by my director and producer. Everybody in the unit is supporting; they do not let you feel that you are a newcomer.

Is acting not going to affect your studies?

Presently I am doing my masters in English. It is not that throughout the year one has to study. I am quite good at studies. My principal and faculty members have been very supportive and my family is encouraging. I think I will be able to manage well both in studies and in acting. Not only this, I will continue with acting in future, too.

— Shivani Bhakoo

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2005/20051009/ldh1.htm

*Shruti*

Global Moderator

*Shruti*

Posted: 29 August 2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged
ARJUN QUITS 'MOHE…'
[21 Aug 2008]

Arjun Bijlani, the television actor who plays the character of Sanjay in 'Mohe Rang De' being telecast on Colors, has decided to quit the show for greener pastures.

Arjun's character in the show is not that of the main lead and instead he plays the friend of main lead Gavie Chahal. The sources from the production house say that Arjun has already talked to the channel and the production house of 'Mohe Rang De' and it was all done in a very amicable way. In fact, he wanted to accommodate 'Mohe…'  but it was not possible as its shooting takes place in Rajpeepla, Gujarat, while the new soap ( being offered by Endemol) is going to be shot in Mumbai.

The insiders reveal that Arjun Bijlani has been offered the lead role in a new serial to be launched by Endemol in collaboration with Sunshine Productions. The show will be telecast on Star One channel and Rati Pandey of 'Har Ghar Kuchch Kehta Hai' fame will play the female lead. 

http://www.magnamags.com/magnamags/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2690&Itemid=231

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

safeplacetoland

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 08 September 2008 at 6:53am | IP Logged

I'm here for unique and challenging roles: Gavie Chahal
by Vidhya Krishnan
Sep 08, 2008, Bangalore

Gavie%20Chahal,%20Mohe%20rang%20de,%20colorsHe is fast winning himself a loyal fanbase with his anti-hero act in Mohe Rang De. But a conversation with him reveals that this is just one of the many hats he has worn in his diverse career. He has modeled on television, participated in pageants, acted in music videos, ads, and several movies, including a Punjabi film under the Yash Raj banner. Recently, he also won the adventure reality show Fear Factor. His natural ease in front of the camera belies the fact that his journey into stardom is purely accidental. Gavie spoke to Vidhya Krishnan about work and life beyond work.

On his role…
Mohe Rang De is a love story set in pre-independence India. I play Rajveer, an arrogant lawyer who has spent ten years in England. His sense of dressing reflects his affinity for the English way of living. He returns to India a little before the Quit India Movement is to begin. Unlike the Indian nationalists, he believes in the British Government and the reforms brought in by them. His British leanings earn him the ire of Indian nationalists. The twist in the plot arrives when he falls in love with a lady fighting for the Indian independence.
<Gavie%20Chahal,%20Mohe%20rang%20de,%20colorsbr />How he got the role…
A friend of mine suggested that I audition for this role. Though daily soaps were not high on my agenda, the unconventional story line fascinated me. I auditioned and got selected. I found the subject very interesting. Rajveer is not a freedom fighter but is still the lead character in the story.

The challenging bit…
The character I play is an arrogant and rigid person, something that is a stark contrast to my personality. I had to work really hard on my mannerisms and body language initially. I worked with my director to get it right. Now all I have to do is get dressed and Rajveer and the other nuances of his personality follow naturally.

Roles I like…
I am not very choosy about roles but I ensure that I don't take up run of the mill scripts. I prefer roles that are unique and challenging.

The balancing act between personal and professional life…
Working for a daily soap leaves me with very little time for myself. It's been a while since I met my family and took time off. But I just keep in mind that I am here to do my job and focus on my career, which is my number onGavie%20Chahal,%20Mohe%20rang%20de,%20colorse priority. The balancing act is difficult but I don't let these things affect me. When I do get some time off, I rest as much as I can, work out in the gym and catch up on the latest movies.

If not an actor, I would be....
A Mechanical Engineer working in some part of the USA. Acting is something that happened by chance. I was involved in a lot of cultural activities in school and I knew I had the potential. What I didn't know is that my hobby would become my profession.

Small screen vis--vis big screen…
Both of them require good acting skills but the stress levels are different. The big screen allows you more time compared to the small screen, which is very hectic. I personally love working for the big screen.

Daily soaps vis--vis Reality shows…
Daily soaps are tough because you have daily deadlines. I prefer reality TV. Shows like Fear Factor and Bigg Boss are different and we need more of such concepts.

On TV, I watch…
Sports and Tom & Jerry cartoon.

Other projects…
Apart from Mohe Rang De, I am doing a few Punjabi movies. I am sufficiently busy with these.

http://www.tellywatch.com/telly_interview/gavie_chahal_interview/september-08-2008/gavie_chahal_interview_mohe_rang_de.html

jyoti06

Channel Moderator

jyoti06

Posted: 09 January 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top