Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Showbizz

IF-Dazzler

Showbizz

Posted: 15 July 2008 at 7:51am | IP Logged
I recently visited India and the Pollution level has risen so much that the air is nothing but a thick blanket of dust and smoke . when I look at the kids playing around I feel so bad for them . Is this the future we are giving them . What kind of selfishness is this ?The population and taffic in most of the US and european countries are the same but the air is still cleaner .When will India be environment conscious when will the government enforce stringent rule .and when will the citizens wake up !

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "When will we breathe clean air" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

corvette

IF-Rockerz

corvette

Posted: 15 July 2008 at 8:07am | IP Logged
I understand the point you make and of course it is right that we all should have the ability to breathe "clean air"

The difficulty I have is in comparing India and it's pollution problem to the US and/or  EU and western countried generally - it isnt really fair to compare them as they are not like for like.

I am not an expert in environmental issues, nor indeed in India, but I do understand soem steps have been taken in places like Delhi, for example, in terms of restrictions on commercial trucks/haulage and pushing many industrial sites further away from residential areas.

But with India's population and rich/poor divide, it always smacks of hypocrisy when we tell people ( a lot of whom are poor) to be green when the affluent people have been gas/petrol/ AC guzzlers for years.

It's so difficult, because it is an important issue - i just cant expect everyone to be on board and take up the issue, if it will affect their lives adversely, "they" meaning indiginous populations.

AngryMAngry 

Dabulls23

IF-Stunnerz

Dabulls23

Posted: 15 July 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged
If pollution is controlled and they get bit clean air Population will die.  Their lungs are used to thick black smog.  Clean air will do more harm to them than help Embarrassed

bunbutt_too

IF-Sizzlerz

bunbutt_too

Posted: 15 July 2008 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
When will we breathe clean air?

preethi_p_r ji  please don't hold your breath while pondering this question Ouch

jonnybgood

Goldie

jonnybgood

Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:59am | IP Logged
believe it or not  cows pollute as much as cars

Edited by BARTSIMPSON - 16 July 2008 at 8:00am

AsliiGuy

IF-Dazzler

AsliiGuy

Posted: 16 July 2008 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
I think if you live near allot of trees/plant life you should be ok... But areas that are heavy in industrial work is bad.

ImPerfection

Goldie

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 21 July 2008 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
When I take the Staten Island ferry to New York, a familiar scent lingers in the air welcoming me to a whole new world. The smell of diesel and petrochemicals with a generous dash of sea salt. Ah the nostalgic memories. Such is the scent of home.

If you live in cow country in the land known as hicksville, the great prairies of the midwest. Breathing clean air takes on a whole new meaning.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top