Joined: 27 January 2011
The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:
Joined: 12 February 2008
The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:
silver., shivani003, cooldude10, U-No-Poo,
Joined: 15 April 2010
Yeah I guess, for most Potterheads (including me), what was the most difficult part to digest was that a Harry Potter novel had never been this depressing before. And even though Rowling writes things in a very comical tone (making them a bit less difficult to read), this book was - and it still remains - the most depressing of the lot.
As for as your 'substance' argument goes, I couldn't agree more. This book had more going on than most other book in the series. Let's sum it up how the book unfolds:
- The Dementor attack, bringing suspense and shocking the readers around the world.
- Mrs. Figg's revelation as a squib.
- The whole confrontation with the Dursleys, including hints and foreshadowing things that are yet to come.
- Lupin's comeback after a year, Tonks enters the series, an the flight - such beautiful descriptions! - to Grimmauld Place
- Introduces Grimmauld Place and the Order of the Phoenix, and a little tidbits about Sirius's past and the Black's history.
-The Hearing - such a suspenseful and heartbeating chapter. Dumbledore's sudden appearance and even more sudden disappearance makes issues so much more complicated.
- The Woes of Mrs. Weasley - If you thought Mrs. Weasley was an angry old woman who only liked to shout and fight, then you haven't read this chapter. And the whole prefect's badge thingy adds so much drama and tension!
- Luna's EPIC entry! "I can see them too...you are just as sane as I am." Fantastic! One of my favorite chapters ever.
- Dolores Umbridge, her evilness, her shallowness, her hypocrisies, her malingering practices, her detentions.
- Hagrid's comeback, his past explored more.
- The whole journey to St. Mungo's hospital, Harry's angst, confusion at him being Mr. Weasley's attacker. Neville's mum and dad. the chewing gum wrapper.
- Harry's date and break-up with Cho.
- Snape's past.
- Fred and George's exit from Hogwarts.
- The Battle in the Department of Mysteries, which IMO is the best or the second best battle in the Potter books.
- The Lost Prophecy - sigh...my favorite chapter ever. So beautifully written. You really feel for Harry here. If you thought Harry acted like the biggest jerk throughout the whole book, the this one chapter can give you insight about Harry's psych, how he has felt throughout the whole year.
- Confrontation with Nick, Luna's past. I lovee the whole conversation with Luna.
Honestly, this book had more going on in terms of character and plot development than say Goblet of Fire. Or maybe I am just too obsessed with this particular book? I dunno.
So sad to see the movies butcher it up this badly!
Joined: 12 February 2008
Joined: 04 December 2010
Recommend - A - BOOK!
Author: datspreets Replies: 374 Views: 70197
|datspreets||374||70197||29 December 2012 at 4:24pm by B428|
Over-rated book which turned out trashy?
Author: datspreets Replies: 141 Views: 21013
|datspreets||141||21013||23 January 2011 at 2:14pm by koolchick|
name the book
Author: AngelsHeaven Replies: 7 Views: 981
|AngelsHeaven||7||981||14 December 2009 at 12:12am by Arushi.|
Book Nutters Ka Chat Club!
Author: -Mystery- Replies: 459 Views: 15713
|-Mystery-||459||15713||08 December 2009 at 9:28am by shakira-13|
Author: shre87 Replies: 2 Views: 807
|shre87||2||807||27 October 2009 at 12:57am by vijaysub|
Popular Channels :
Quick Links :