Which is your favourite Harry Potter book - Page 8

Posted: 13 years ago
the 3rd one wins for me, hands down! i never really got over fantasizing what it would be like if Rowling set her heart to writing just one more book - about the life and times of the older order members, and their years at hogwarts! =)
Posted: 13 years ago
I loved OoTP for its lush details and descriptions.
Posted: 12 years ago
Half Blood Prince and The Deathly Hallows
Every children like Harry potter book,and it's cartoon movie , and in Harry potter  my part available ,but and i like to see a every part in Harry potter , it's a amazing a cartoon movie to made by author, but I like to seen a second part in Harry potter.
It's such a difficult question, I love all of them so much.

But I guess my most favorite has to be the 7th.
i love all the harry potter books!
but the book  Harry Potter and the Order of the  Phoenix is one of fav...
Order of the phoenix. Really, this book is my personal favourite.
Wow, it's so nice to see so many OoTP lovers here. :p Everywhere I go, OoTP seems to be the least popular of the bunch. Heck, even Rowling said that OoTP "could have been shorter" and was her least favorite - or am I wrong?
Either way, I'm totally in love with that book. 😆
^ I bet it was the terror and Umbridge. Harry hadn't been through so much, did he? And Sirius But the real reason why it's my favourite is because there was so much substance in it. I keep rereading it. I think after the deathly hallows, this one was the most "tragic" one. 😆 Maybe that's why I like it so much. I'm such a sadist 🤣
Originally posted by silver.

^ I bet it was the terror and Umbridge. Harry hadn't been through so much, did he? And Sirius But the real reason why it's my favourite is because there was so much substance in it. I keep rereading it. I think after the deathly hallows, this one was the most "tragic" one. 😆 Maybe that's why I like it so much. I'm such a sadist 🤣

Yeah I guess, for most Potterheads (including me), what was the most difficult part to digest was that a Harry Potter novel had never been this depressing before. And even though Rowling writes things in a very comical tone (making them a bit less difficult to read), this book was - and it still remains - the most depressing of the lot.

As for as your 'substance' argument goes, I couldn't agree more. This book had more going on than most other book in the series. Let's sum it up how the book unfolds:

- The Dementor attack, bringing suspense and shocking the readers around the world.

- Mrs. Figg's revelation as a squib.

- The whole confrontation with the Dursleys, including hints and foreshadowing things that are yet to come.

- Lupin's comeback after a year, Tonks enters the series, an the flight - such beautiful descriptions! - to Grimmauld Place

- Introduces Grimmauld Place and the Order of the Phoenix, and a little tidbits about Sirius's past and the Black's history.

-The Hearing - such a suspenseful and heartbeating chapter. Dumbledore's sudden appearance and even more sudden disappearance makes issues so much more complicated.

- The Woes of Mrs. Weasley - If you thought Mrs. Weasley was an angry old woman who only liked to shout and fight, then you haven't read this chapter. And the whole prefect's badge thingy adds so much drama and tension!

- Luna's EPIC entry! "I can see them too...you are just as sane as I am." Fantastic! One of my favorite chapters ever.

- Dolores Umbridge, her evilness, her shallowness, her hypocrisies, her malingering practices, her detentions.

- Hagrid's comeback, his past explored more.

- The whole journey to St. Mungo's hospital, Harry's angst, confusion at him being Mr. Weasley's attacker. Neville's mum and dad. the chewing gum wrapper. ðŸ˜­ 

- Harry's date and break-up with Cho.

- Snape's past.

- Fred and George's exit from Hogwarts.

- Owls!

- The Battle in the Department of Mysteries, which IMO is the best or the second best battle in the Potter books.

- The Lost Prophecy - sigh...my favorite chapter ever. So beautifully written. You really feel for Harry here. If you thought Harry acted like the biggest jerk throughout the whole book, the this one chapter can give you insight about Harry's psych, how he has felt throughout the whole year.

- Confrontation with Nick, Luna's past. I lovee the whole conversation with Luna.

Honestly, this book had more going on in terms of character and plot development than say Goblet of Fire. Or maybe I am just too obsessed with this particular book? I dunno.

So sad to see the movies butcher it up this badly! Ouch