Joint family tales

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 30 September 2005 at 12:09pm | IP Logged

Joint family tales
Stars speak on the latest joint family on television

The family is our first school. We learn the basics of culture, heritage and our ways of lives within the family. The most widely desired residential unit is the joint family, ideally consisting of three or four generations, all living under one roof, working, eating and worshipping together.

http://www.indya.com/news/bbb1.html
While the men will continue to live on in the family along with their wives and children, most young women expect to live with their husband's relatives after marriage. But they will continue to retain deep bonds with their natal families. Just add the words 'fun' and 'love', to a typical joint family and what you get is the Thakkar Parivaar, the stars of Baa Bahoo Aur Baby.

Aatish Kapadia's and JD Majithia's new venture, Baa Bahoo Aur Baby gives impetus to the culture of a joint family system but with a refreshingly new look.

Benaf, who plays the role of Baby in the serial, says about the programme, "It's a very well-knit family, each member is given equal importance whether it's a he or a she, old or young. We don't stay away from the normal saas-bahu programmes. We do show things that are universal and common. But our value for realism has made this programme one which people can identify with their own lives. We have all kinds of personalities living under one roof. I play a very spoilt, nagging pet of the family. Then there is Gattu, my favorite character, whose mental growth has stagnated after the age of 10. All the characters are well defined."

Deven Bhojani who plays Gattu impeccably puts the characterization of Baa Bahoo Aur Baby as one of the most apt and realistic efforts made in this field. He say, "Jis tarah se har ek character ko banaya hai, main Aatish aur JD sahab ko daad deta huun. I was around when the characters were being finalised and was extremely happy when Gattu's part was offered to me. We all have also observed real-life people to get inspired to create believable characters. That's how we work here at Hats-Off productions."

The matriarch of the house, Godavari Thakkar's journey of experiencing a rich childhood to getting married to an average Indian middle class household is shown with a great sense of believability. Godavari Thakkar tries very hard to keep the choolah burning as she provides the motherly warmth through her efforts to provide a good platform to each and every member of the family. She is also the mediator for any problem that occurs in the household.

Lubna Salim, who will been soon seen on stage in a play with Kiran Karmarkar (Om from Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii), plays Leela, the Bahu. Says Lubna, "It's an honor to work with such great artists like Saritaji, Deven, Pravina, Suchitraji and of course, the Aatish-JD combo. The entire cast and crew works so hard to make this serial look natural, real and believable. And unlike other serials, we don't have a family business, the men in the family go to work and we are the housewives."

The social messages that Baa Bahoo Aur Baby carries throughout its episodes assures consistency and longevity. Kudos to Hats-off Productions - for this new venture.

Edited by ME_T - 30 September 2005 at 12:18pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Joint family tales" in Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (Baa Bahu Aur Baby) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top