Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Gandhian values (Page 2)

dannyk IF-Veteran Member
dannyk
dannyk

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 3:01am | IP Logged
i am not follower of gandhi .. and don't like that if somebody slam on 1 side make other side ahead ...

i only like the principle of him that is "Do yourself first before telling other to it "
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Signora2

Today is his Birth Anniversary, I think his principles will always hold relevance for all times to come. HE rose above his short comings, it is people after him who failed to understand what he stood for. We believe in symbolisim and only symbolism no wonder
his values and whatever he stood for have been reduced to a farce. His stress on Khadi meant the dignity of labour, today Khadi besides becoming a fashion statement is also associated with POlitical leaders who are corrupt.   
1. He used non-violence as a weapon to get us freedom and all over the world it has been proved might is not always right, America has been humbled though a powerful nation.
2. His life has been an open book, he practiced what he preached, I think no body can compare with him in this regard.
3.He was a Psychologist, the way he used breaking of salt and the Dandi march to shake the foundations of British empire is worth remembering.
4. His faults can be too much reliance on old values when several changes were taking place. Could swadeshi ever put us on the road to progress and development?    
5.He was ambivalent on the issue of RAm RAJaya, no wonder it gets distorted again and again.
6.His role or lack of it in the partition is a matter of debate.
But I would still say Gandhiji may be forgotten, ridicued but not ignored for long.
signora2   
agree with u100%Tongue

Go to top