Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 17 March 2009 at 8:46pm | IP Logged
hey i know this topic was started long time back...I just wanna ask how is it decided who gets magical abilities and who don't??? Why can't muggles learn it??? it's very sadOuch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Can muggles learn magic?? (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 18 March 2009 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by redhotght

hey i know this topic was started long time back...I just wanna ask how is it decided who gets magical abilities and who don't??? Why can't muggles learn it??? it's very sadOuch

Yes also I want to know how some Muggles can be picked and have the ability and why others dont Confused

Salz.

IF-Sizzlerz

Salz.

Posted: 18 March 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged

i don't believe they have the ability..so sad right

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 6:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 6:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 6:54pm | IP Logged
No, muggles cannot learn magic. Because in the 7th book in Snape's memories, Rowling shows a scene where Lily confronts her sister about the letter Petunia wrote to Dumbledore. Dumbledore had gently refused to accept Petunia at Hogwarts, on the grounds that it would be impossible for muggles to be able to learn magic. One had to be born with it.

Also, it is my opinion that muggle-borns do have magic ancestors, if not parents. If a magical person marries a muggle, their childrens' ability to learn magic decreases right? And if those children marry muggles, and those children marry muggles, and so on, the magic in the families lessens and lessnes, but it's still there. And a child 8 or 10 generations away could inherit that magic gene. She/he are then thought of as muggleborn, because their parents or grandparents are not magical. That's my theory.

Same with pureblood families who have squibs. I don't think they're completely pureblood. One or two members of the family may have married muggles, thus introducing non magic genes into the family. Then, a poor unfortunate child may have inherited that non magic gene, thus becoming a squib.

~*Thamizhan*~

Viewbie

~*Thamizhan*~

Posted: 22 March 2009 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Interesting article!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top