Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

Rooh Ki Dastak - new JaShan FF (Ch 2 posted)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:42pm | IP Logged

Rooh Ki Dastak
A TAP FROM THE SOUL

(a FF featuring JaShan)

Chatper 1 - Character introductions.
Chapter 2 - Jatin and Shalini meet at Balaji.

PROTAGONISTS

Jatin Bhargav
A 25-year-old acting school graduate. Stubborn, impatient, but charming.
Vishalini Rajan
A 22-year old professionally trained dancer and theatre actor. Intelligent, sophisticated, and arrogant.

And they meet... courtesy of Ekta Kapoor & Balaji Telefilms. What comes next? Keep reading!

Edited by --arti-- - 09 May 2009 at 1:03pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rooh Ki Dastak - new JaShan FF (Ch 2 posted)" in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:42pm | IP Logged

Hey guys,

This is a slightly different kind of fan-fic. I have no idea what the response will be like, but I hope you guys like it. And I am still writing "If Only," so don't worry, I will complete that one in maybe a dozen or so chapters. I just really wanted to start writing this one.Tongue

Firstly, this is only sort of an AM fan-fic. It's not about the characters Adi and Maithili, but it is about Jatin and Shalini (in fictional names and lives, of course) as actors in their mid-20s, living in Mumbai and trying to work in Television. As the story moves, they will be playing the roles of Adi and Maithili in KGGK. And I am trying to conceive of them as very different from the show. Shalini's character is loosely based on Tara Sharma's role in Khosla Ka Ghosla. For those who haven't seen this movie, Tara Sharma plays an easygoing, naughty/mischievous but good-natured actress who helps the main guy in the movie defeat the villain. I just want to give all the credit to the writers of this movie, because I am basically lifting her entire characterization. There will also be the "Bapu" character who is the same from in the movie. Embarrassed

The rest will be developed as we go on. I might do character synopsis later on. Hope you guys read this. It's really short, but it's to give everyone an idea! I'll continue soon with longer updates. Will try to have Chapter 2 by tomorrow since I am already writing it! Embarrassed

arti.

Edited by --arti-- - 08 July 2008 at 7:49pm

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Chapter ONE

"I will pay the rent by next week" Look, I said I promise. Just give me a few more days time. Mr. Khanna, the money will be there next week. I have to go now, BYE!"
She slammed the phone onto the receiver.
Vishalini Rajan breathed heavily, trying to assess her situation. She needed money badly.

Through sheer luck, a photographer friend had taken some headshots of Vishalini, or as she was more commonly known, Shalini, and her friends called her Sha. Karan mostly photographed models, and he was usually in touch with TV producers who were on the lookout for fresh faces to do television serial roles. When he found out that Ekta Kapoor was looking for someone to play the lead in a new TV drama, he had passed on Sha's photos. Before long, Sha was asked to come give some test shots. But she still had to deal with her creditors, mostly importantly her landlord who was breathing down her neck about her overdue rent payment. It sure sucked to be a struggling artist.

Sha spent a lot of time learning dance, which she excelled in. She slowly ventured into drama, doing a lot of theatre with social themes. Doing a TV drama, that too, an Ekta Kapoor one, would be a dramatic shift. It meant an everyday shooting schedule, for starters.

Sha walked up to her mirror and looked at herself. She was dressed in capris and a casual tank-top, with her hair in an overhead messy bun like always. Her arms were toned from all the rigorous dancing she undertook. She had always thrived on being nimble, agile, on being able to stretch her body and have her feet in constant movement. It was her identity. She was a soul that was always meant to be in movement, in flux, dancing in utter beauty.

She sighed deeply. She was a little nervous about donning glitzy makeup and doing monotonous roles where she'd probably be expected to pine after the male lead. She wasn't sure how she was going to handle it, but it was a good opportunity to get into television acting, which would be a steady source of income if not anything else. She decided to put her thoughts to rest and did the one thing that could make her feel better. Dance. She turned on a newly composed musical piece. Her friend Danila had composed it for a recent dance show they did. Sha loved the choreography she had done for it, but they didn't end up performing it. Money issues. But today, in her one-bedroom apartment, to the audience that was her cat, Sha would dance to this lovely piece. For added effect, she turned off the lights and drew up the curtains so the street light could wash the room. She closed her eyes before gracefully beginning the first step.

Jatin Bhargav was waiting in line at the STD booth. He had a smile on his face after so long. He was waiting so he could call his mother, who lived in Bangalore. He had been living in Mumbai for the past few months, struggling as a new actor. He lacked the money to buy more airtime so he could call his mother from his cell phone. But no matter. Nothing would depress him today. He had received a call from Balaji Telefilms. Finally he will have a role, actual air time. And he would try his best to make an impression so this leads to bigger and better things. The guy standing in front of Jay was getting annoyed. He muttered profanities under his breath, meant for the loud middle-aged woman who had been hogging the phone for 15 minutes. He turned around to share his annoyance with Jatin, but the latter was lost in his own thoughts, with a dreamy smile on his face. He was dreaming after all. About how his life was about to change completely. His feet didn't even feel like they were on the ground.

After many minutes, he eventually talked to his mother, impatiently describing the magnitude of this role for his career.
"Well, what show is it, do you know yet?" she asked.
"I think it's a show called Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki. Have you watched it?" He knew she would know. His mother was a faithful soap fan.
"What?! That is a really popular show, beta, millions will watch you!" she beamed, raising her voice in excitement.
However, Jatin couldn't get any more excited than he already was.
They continued talking for a few minutes before he finally hung up. It was starting to thunder slightly. He didn't bring an umbrella. Damn it!

This didn't bother him today. He would walk home in the rain today. He looked up at the clouds with a smile, as if they were raining congratulations on him.

Edited by --arti-- - 10 September 2008 at 10:51am

sadizzle

Goldie

sadizzle

Posted: 08 July 2008 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
wow great concept! very new! i say..plz continue! im gonna be looking forward to this one!! Tongue
Thanx for keep Adi and Mets' alive for all of us! Embarrassed

k-ekta fan

IF-Rockerz

k-ekta fan

Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:43am | IP Logged
hey arti it's a berry nice concept. n really awesum 1.

waiting d 1st meet of jashan.

but jatin is called as jayant kya.. 4 1 sec I thought ju r talking abt jay bhanushali Wink

tsamhita

IF-Dazzler

tsamhita

Posted: 09 July 2008 at 12:58am | IP Logged
hehe i thought you were talking about Jay when you said Jayant...i still think you're talking about jay hehe so when will jatin enter...is her the guy who grumbled about the woman and who's standing next to jay Embarrassed

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Posted: 09 July 2008 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sadizzle

wow great concept! very new! i say..plz continue! im gonna be looking forward to this one!! Tongue
Thanx for keep Adi and Mets' alive for all of us! Embarrassed

Thanks for reading hun! Smile

Originally posted by k-ekta fan

hey arti it's a berry nice concept. n really awesum 1.

waiting d 1st meet of jashan.

but jatin is called as jayant kya.. 4 1 sec I thought ju r talking abt jay bhanushali Wink

No no! Jatin=Jayant/Jay. I didn't want to use the exact name, yaar. Any other suggestions? I can still change it to some other J-name that sounds similar to Jatin! LOL

Originally posted by tsamhita

hehe i thought you were talking about Jay when you said Jayant...i still think you're talking about jay hehe so when will jatin enter...is her the guy who grumbled about the woman and who's standing next to jay Embarrassed

Jatin is Jay. Embarrassed
If it's confusing, koi aur naam suggest kar do please? Cry I will change it. Smile

Edited by --arti-- - 09 July 2008 at 8:33am

tsamhita

IF-Dazzler

tsamhita

Posted: 09 July 2008 at 9:16am | IP Logged
arrey nahi yaar, don't worry! now i've understood Embarrassed you don't need to change the name Embarrassed ...waise, 1 question...why didn't you just keep their names as Jatin and Shalini? LOL Embarrassed joking ha...LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top