Articles Corner-No Comments (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 08 September 2008 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Chetan Hansraj's got plenty on his plate

Chetan Hansraj is starting his shoot for Mahabharat as Bheem. But before it, Chetan appeared to support Komalika Guhathakur (Gayatri from Kyunki…) for her reality show Saas Vs Bahu. Chetan spoke to us in details.
Chetan%20hansraj
Talking about his recent appearance, he says, "It was just a cameo. They asked to me come for two performances in support of the Saas team. It was short and fun. In my first performance, I did not get good comments. I really do not know what actually happened but even I did not feel that I danced, so it is fine. It happens sometimes."

He adds, "Performing with Komalika was not difficult for me but it was difficult for her. It was quite a funky number which we had to perform on and her style of dancing is very different than that. Ultimately it went off really well."

About KJTB, he says, "It is going great; now three more weeks and then it will get over. I think I have a fair chance. I am happy to reach this position but further you cannot predict the future."

About the latest controversy, he adds, "There was problem between my partner and Mayank. They started fighting and sent each other few messages. I was not aware about it at all. I do not want to get it into all this. I came to know all of this when they spoke about it on the sets. I am not a teacher to them to tell them what to do and all. They are mature enough. It does affect their voting and their career."

Chetan is getting ready for his first schedule of Mahabharat. "I am going to start shoot in ten days. I am really going to enjoy this character of Bheem. I am fully prepared for it. I have also finished reading the epic. Initially we will be shooting for the general introduction of the character so there won't be any stunts scenes and all."

Lastly, he informs, "I have been also hearing these rumours about Kaahani going off air. But I do not have any idea whether it is actually happening. It is very sad if any show goes off air but there is always an end for everything."

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media
  • Monday, September 08, 2008
  • Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Corner-No Comments (Page 8)" in Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 12 September 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
    Kahaanieco-friendly Ganesha Ki
    Kahaani eco-friendly Ganesha Ki
    12 Sep 2008, 0058 hrs IST, GITA HARI
     Print      
       Write to Editor
    Sumeet Raghavan (TOI photo)
    How can we avoid polluting the environment, our beautiful lakes and water bodies from clogging with the innumerable POP idols of Lord Ganesha after immersion?

Television stars come up with some of their suggestions to save the earth...

SUMEET RAGHAVAN
    Till last year it used to be at my in-laws' place but this year I am celebrating Ganesh Utsav at home. I am all for an eco-friendly celebration. We will be doing puja of a silver idol of the Lord along with a supari (betelnut) and after one-and-a-half days, we will immerse the supari and keep back the idol. This way I feel you do not pollute the sea or the environment.

TWINKLE BAJPAI
    I do visit Ganpati mandals for darshan. I strongly suggest that people go for metal idols which can be reused every year. For instance, small gold murtis can be given a new look every year by decorating it differently.

KIRAN DUBEY
    I recently participated in a young environmentalist programme by Elsie Gabriel in Powai. We made some small and beautiful clay Ganesha idols. I believe in 'youth power', and it is us who need to teach the young to cultivate the right environmental habits through our actions!

KUSHAL PUNJABI
    Go for non-toxic and easily soluble materials for the idols. Instead of each and every nuclear family bringing in an idol to worship, it would be much better if everyone from a family tree gathered to worship at one house. This would cut down on the number of idols immersed.

ARZOO GOVITRIKAR
    I believe in small idols made out of mother earth that are easily soluble in water. If each one makes an effort, every drop in the ocean counts so let's network to come together to save our earth and its resources together.

ANOOP SONI
    Avoid personal Ganesha celebrations and attend Sarvajanik or building society's Ganesha festivities. To nurture our belief, we can always pray at home. It will also reduce traffic jams, noise pollutions and immersion hassles.

MUNISHA KHATWANI
    One must be environmentally conscious. It is preferable to use Shaadu Maati that dissolves easily in water.

ROSHNI CHOPRA
    Ganesh festival sets the mood for revelry and I don't mind the naach-gaana which is a part of Mumbai's culture. Only I wish idols made of bio-degradable papier mache is used to avert pollution hazards.

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 12 September 2008 at 10:17am | IP Logged

Karan Patel turns a Director in Bollywood Ka Ticket...

Karan Patel directs a scene for his close buddy Chetan Hansraj and also for himself in 9X' Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket....
    http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/article.asp?id=3184

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 13 September 2008 at 9:04am | IP Logged
    Vikram Phadnis on Bollywood Ka Ticket this week...9
    9X'Bollywood Ka Ticket sees yet another shocking elimination this week.. Get an insight to the episode right here on Telly Buzz..

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 18 September 2008 at 3:13am | IP Logged
    • Shabana's thumbs up to brother

Shabana Azmi's brother will direct a movie and she says he's the right man for the job.
      Baba Azmi has long been known as a cinematographer and now he will direct a film that, to keep it in the family, is written by Javed Akhtar and produced by Farhan, Javed's son with Honey Irani.

As cinematographer, his success was mainly in the 80s when he worked on two Anil Kapoor films: Woh 7 Din and Mr India.

But Shabana says that Baba will be "an actor's director". She's delighted that he's doing the movie, but "also unhappy because neither I nor Tanvi have a part" in the movie.

Tanvi is Baba's wife and an actress of her own accord. Star Usha Kiran's daughter, Tanvi acted in Darr and English, August.

Baba's movie will be about a young man and his journey to self-realisation.

Shabana says that he regard for Baba as director came when he directed her for a couple of advertisements.

"One ad was for spectacle lenses and another for an energy saver," Shabana said, "He's made me look so beautiful. He's truly an actors' director. He's so calm on the sets."

What really won the proud sister over was the care Baba took on the sets while directing the ads.

"My make-up room had mogra flowers in a cane basket. It also had the six newspapers that I read and the face napkins that I like. I couldn't help thinking about the time 30 years ago on location for Boney Kapoor's 'Hum Paanch' when our mum was there praying before every shot as Baba was operating the camera for the film and I would be acting in it."

• Hill Road Media
    • Thursday, September 18, 2008

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 23 September 2008 at 12:58am | IP Logged

CHETAN HANSRAJ

'I never read my contract when I am working with Balaji Telefilms because they are like family to me'

niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 24 September 2008 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
    Chetan's back to school

After criticism of 'Greek' looking Mahabharat, actors told to change the way they act and dress.
    Chetan%20Hansraj
    Chetan Hansraj has just finished three weeks of a workshop where hehad to un-learn acting - apparently serial-style dramabaazi has become second nature to TV actors.

"We have done a workshop for three weeks, there they taught us about how to deliver dialogues," he said. So why does he need to learn these skills again? Because of Mahabharat.

"The feel is completely different when you do Mahabharat than when you do a daily soap," he said, "our teacher has seen the daily soap, and it brought us into a completely different way of thinking our lines and our acting. We get caught up in the daily soap every time we act, every time we deliver dialogue, but here we have to change our body language and everything else we do."

The show has been dwindling in the terms of viewership and came under attack for its eclectic look, including from veteran Alok Nath, who scoffed at the attempt to modernise a classic story.

Chetan defended the show, saying: "This is going to be a golden period of Mahabharat. When the kingdom of Hastinapur is thought of as having its prosperous period, there is going to be more colour and richness to it."

He said he "didn't care about the numbers of any show: I am an actor and my job is to act. These numbers don't mean anything to me."

He said that the look of the show might change when a generation moved on. "Lots of generations have passed, and the show started with a different generation," he said, "And surely in that era also trends used to change with time? Whenever there will be a leap, we will show changes in attire and in everything else."

He said it wasn't emulating the Greeks. "It is a warrior's look and not a Greek look. If warriors don't look martial then their look is of no use. A warrior has to have body armor on."

Chetan's also reached the finale of Kaun Jeetega Ticket To Bollywood and says he's confident of winning. "We three are strong contenders and I am quite confident about my winning, let's see what happens," he said.

• Sonali Joshi, Hill Road Media.
  • Wednesday, September 24, 2008

• niveditha

IF-Sizzlerz

niveditha

Posted: 25 September 2008 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

Kaun jeeta?

Article Rank 
    < name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
    < name="P1" viewastext="" width="240" height="45"> < name="" value="http://mydomain.com/video.wmv"> < name="rate" value="1"> < name="balance" value="0"> < name="current" value="0"> < name="default" value=""> < name="playCount" value="1"> < name="autoStart" value="-1"> < name="currentMarker" value="0"> < name="invokes" value="-1"> < name="" value=""> < name="volume" value="50"> < name="mute" value="0"> < name="uiMode" value="full"> < name="stretchToFit" value="-1"> < name="lessVideo" value="0"> < name="enabled" value="-1"> < name="enableContextMenu" value="-1"> < name="fullScreen" value="0"> < name="SAMIStyle" value=""> < name="SAMILang" value=""> < name="SAMIname" value=""> < name="captioningID" value=""> < name="enableErrorDialogs" value="0"> < name="_cx" value="6350"> < name="_cy" value="1191"> < ="application/x-mp2" ="http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/Article.aspx?article=26_09_2008_538_001&mode=1" name="objMediaP" autostart="1" current="0" name="" width="240" height="40">

Post Reply New Post

Go to top