Page 3 Page 10

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:03am | IP Logged
Is 9x keeping Ekta on a tight leash?

by Meenakshi Shankar

Jul 14, 2008, Mumbai  

Sony%20and%20Ekta%20Kapoor%20in%20Kabhi%20Kabhi%20Pyaar,%20Kabhi%20Kabhi%20YaarIn a recent much-delayed (thanks to the Mumbai rains) press conference organized for the Lux Kaun Jeetaga Bollywood Ka Ticket - a reality show from the House of Balaji Productions, we noticed that a forced-smile-on-her-face Ekta Kapoor took centre stage to answer questions about her second non-fiction reality show which is on 9x. The latest offering is the usual from the Balaji camp. An array of Balaji stars who are leading the roost and added to that, glitzy yester year Bollywood queens - Zeenat Aman, Amrita Singh and the ever graceful, Shabana Azmi.

And sandwiched between the glitz, glamor and graciousness is Mahesh Manjerekar, though, we couldn't help wonder if he is on the show because it is part of the Popkorn entertainment and if the good books of Suneil Shetty has managed to grab him some visibility.

Ekta Kapoor's new found love with 9x is commendable. But what we found strange was when the question was raised about her Kahani Hamari Mahabharatha Ki, she promptly looked at the 9x spokesperson and said, "I've been told not to speak about it by the channel."

This caught us off guard!

Isn't this the same Ekta Kapoor wEkta%20Kapoorho always had the courage of conviction and wouldn't care two hoots about diktats that were imposed? She bulldozed her way and got people towing her line. That's the reason, she is, where she is today. But, a subdued Ekta who was waiting to be torn apart for her Mahabharatha debacle decided to run with her tail tucked between her legs! Unlike the gutsy 'K'ueen that we are used to.

So, the channel does not want to talk about it. Why not? You have given us your version of Mahabharatha, so the least you can do is give us some answers and not have the lady who rules the roost kept on a tight leash! Talk about her reality show and Ekta Kapoor's riding the helm, but talk about her Kahani Hamari Mahabharatha Ki, she tends to look for deliverance.

Is this a new side to Ekta Kapoor is a question that has been eating into us ever since we walked out with unanswered questions?

The TRP's of the KHMK (her version of the magnum opus) continues to drop down. Is it too early to predict doomsday or will the 'Ekta' magic weave into place and work wonders with the TRP's? Keep reading this space while we bring

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_News/9x_Ekta/July-14-2008/9x_Ekta_tight_leash.html

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Articles Corner-No Comments (Page 2)" in Lux Kaun Jeetega Bollywood ka Ticket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:06am | IP Logged

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:08am | IP Logged
Contestants list for Kaun Jeetega-Article

Balaji's reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is set to hit television screens from 6th July at 8:00 pm. The hour long show will give a dream launch-pad to the winning team to do a film which will be jointly produced by Ekta Kapoor's Balaji and Suniel Shetty's Popkorn Entertainment which will be titled Generation Next.

Jordy, Non-Fiction Head, Balaji, says, "The show is commencing from 6th July and will run for a span of 13 weeks, approximately three months. Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket will be hosted by Peeya Rai Chaudhary and Salil Acharya." Salil is currently seen in the Balaji soap Kasturi and Peeya has been a Channel V Veejay.

Contestant Dimple Jhangiani had to opt out of the show as she is doing another Balaji's reality show Kabhie Yaar Kabhie Pyaar on Sony has been replaced by Mihika Verma. The final celebrity contestants are Naman Shaw, Jay Bhanushali, Mihika Verma, Chetan Hansraj, Panchi Bora, Reshmi Ghosh, Twinkle Bajpai, Akashdeep Saigal, Abigail, Karan Patel, Karishma Tanna and Rajsingh Arora.

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket's ugly sides

Ekta Kapoor's new reality show Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket has already set its foot on 9x.

This show has it all starting from bollywood to television..

TV celebrities like Panchi Bora, Jay Bhanushali, Reshmi Ghosh, Twinkle Bajpai, Chetan Hansraj and others will be paired with contestants selected across the country. There are 6 male and female contestants along with celebrities.

n the history of reality shows this is the first time some ugly comments gave been passed by the contestants against the celebrities in front of the judges which include important people like Zeenat Aman, Shabana Azmi, Jitendra, Amrita Singh and others. The contestants went to the extent of showing fingers which was censored.

Now the question is was it all preplanned to grab more TRPs or not. Like Ekta's K-soap this K-Reality Show also had lots of drama. It is the first time it has happened and it is also the first time Ekta has set her foot in Reality World. Well we don't know what is true but since it is a family show evry thing must be kept within limits.

After the show was aired we tried to contact Ekta Kapoor and according to her nothing was preplanned and she said she will personally speak to all the male contestants regarding this.

Another drama on the first episode was the withdrawal notice of Akashdeep Saigal (Ansh/Eklavya of Kyunki..). Akashdeep has opted out of the show on health issues. Due to this his partner is likely to be eliminated. But the judges want a solution without eliminating anyone without giving her a chance. This can also be a preplanned step to catch more eyeballs and TRPs as we all know Ekta is old and experienced player in this field.

Source:
http://bigdhamaka.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/kaun-jeetega-boll ywood-ka-tickets-ugly-sides/

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 10:52am | IP Logged
TV STAR TRAIL

Amrita Singh says no to dot com!
by Vidhya Krishnan
Jul 17, 2008, Bangalore

Amrita%20SinghEkta Kapoor's reality show, LUX Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket is the latest buzz that's catching everybody's fancy. Reality shows are done to death. We @ TW actually roll our eyes when it comes to a new show. But if its from the 'K' camp, our interest is piqued. Everybody knows the 'K' camp is all about superlatives. Nothing is small when it comes to the house of Balaji Productions. So any new show has us unearthing details in the hope that probably there is something new in the offering. And an interest not just about the show but also with the who's who in the show.

And this reality show is her talent hunt for Bollywood for which she has roped in bigwigs of our industry – Zeenat Aman, Shabana Azmi, Amrita Singh and Mahesh Manjerekar.

We decided to interview the Amrita Singh, who has always shown a fondness to the Balaji camp. The actress would be seen mentoring in Ekta's show. Post Kavyaanjali, we missed seeing her power packed performance and was hoping that we would soon see her back on the small screen wooing her fans with her firebrand acting powers.

So we thought to chat up with the lady and find out more about Amrita%20Singhthe happenings regarding the show and more, but to our surprise, she said, "I am not interested in giving an interview for a web portal".

Rude she was with the tone and the manner in which she conveyed and we couldn't help wonder in which age, the has-been actress is living in...

Amrita Singh may have her own reasons not to speak to the media. But stating that she will not speak to a web portal left us a little sore. We are a breed of journo's who believe in the power of the net over other mediums. It's the age of dot com, Ms. Singh. It's an age where people log on to the www to know what's happening in the world. It's an age where the border lines between the media are graying. Ok, we admire the lady because some of her coterie will do just about anything to get attention. The lady chooses to maintain her dignity and decorum and we respect her privacy.

But, what pinched us was the fact that, "No interviews to the www!" The power of 'www' is seemingly alien to Ms. Singh. So, we were left with a whole lot of unanswered questions like…and unanswered they would remain, because Amrita Singh does not give interview to dotcoms.

http://www.tellywatch.com/Telly_Features/Amrita_Singh/July-17-2008/Amrita_Singh.html

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 10:57am | IP Logged
Why is Panchi Bohra slapping her co-star?

Panchi Bohra popularly known as Prachi of Kayamath has been receiving a lot of flak for a slap. And before you think that this quiet girl has gone violent, let us tell you that it was all for a shot in the show. Panchi says ever since the episode where she slapped her co-star jai bhanushali who plays Neev in Kayamath aired recently, she has been facing a barrage of negative comments.

Panchi%20Bohra

"Oh I am getting so many negative responses for slapping him, but it was not my fault and it is requirement of the script. But good news is that Neev is not dead in the show, he is very much alive. Soon this suspense will come to and end," explains the actress.
The actress is currently participating in her first ever reality show, Kaun Jeetega Ticketet to Bollywood.

"I am enjoying this show. It is my first reality show and there are lots of twists and turns in this show. Our first elimination took place two days back and I was also in danger zone. It was nice to see my fan's support and I am happy that they are voting me," says Panchi.

Speaking her partner she says, "It is a nice concept where one TV personality is paired with contestant. I am crossing my finger for him. I know this his first show and he will take some time to improve himself. But the problem is that they have liked my pair with Jai (Bhanushali) and Shabbir (Ahluwalia) and it is not easy for them to accept me with other person. I also hope that slowly people will accept him and me as a pair in the show."

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Catch the behind the scenes action on Ekta's Bollywood foray

by Tellywatch News Desk     

Jul 14, 2008, Mumbai  

kaoun%20jeetega%20bollywood%20ka%20ticket

Anamika.shah

IF-Dazzler

Anamika.shah

Posted: 18 July 2008 at 3:09am | IP Logged
Baby talk chetan hansraj

Baby talk chetan hansraj

Chetan Hansraj with wife Lavinia 
Chetan Hansraj has good news for us. He is all set to become papa again. His wife Lavinia is expecting and this will be the couple's second child, they have a two-and-half-year old son, Ethen. The baby is due in December. Lavinia, who was an airhostess with Saudi Arabia Airlines, has quit her job. Chetan, who is now also seen as Bheem in Ekta's Kahaani Hamaray Mahabharat Ki says, "My son is a handful. He is quite mischievous. Lavinia enjoys being at home." When Lavinia had delivered their first child, Chetan had told the media, "We had a feeling it would be a boy. Meri family mein ladkon ki line lagi hui hai, and I knew I wouldn't break the trend." Will he break it this time?

< =07/18/2008 name=date>

Post Reply New Post

Go to top