Miscellaneous

DOTW: Inflation...are we going back???

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Fazila~

IF-Stunnerz

Fazila~

Posted: 04 July 2008 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Hi friends, as you can see, todays DOTW is inflation.......The whole world is in its grip.......Everyone is suffering, from poor to rich.......where is the world heading towards??? Things have gone so expensive, ppl will have to leave luxuries and will come back to simple n normal life, and the poors.......well God help them.......what is ur comment on inflation? waiting for ur replies Smile

Edited by Fazila~ - 04 July 2008 at 12:21pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: Inflation...are we going back???" in Miscellaneous forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

honey425

Goldie

honey425

Posted: 04 July 2008 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Inflation, a word that has been the talks of almost all news channel and newspaper stories. Inflation impacts everyone no matter their economic status. If you have money to spare then you might not feel the impact as much but if you are a middle class household then you are finding that paying your bills is getting a little harder. Now if you are poor then you might have to cut back on some of ur basic needs. I am not going to pretend like I know how everyone is impacted by inflation but I do know that $400 for gas a month is too much…and if you are a full time student, or a single mom or just a low income household..this number is almost impossible to comprehend. Not to mention the rise in food prices, housing and almost everything that you can think of. How can someone who is earning the same amount of money as before, keep up with it? The inflation rate in Canada alone jumped 0.5% in just one month. This means that for those of us who used to enjoy the many luxuries in life without thinking..will now have to think before spending that money. And what about the poor, where does this leave them? How will they be able to afford basic necessities if this continues? Who is going to be responsible for the every growing number of families who cannot afford to feed their kids? The way I think of it is that the governments needs to step in and control the inflation or individuals can forget about enjoying the standard of living that they currently have.

Edited by honey425 - 04 July 2008 at 12:37pm

Nisha_07

IF-Rockerz

Nisha_07

Posted: 06 July 2008 at 2:53am | IP Logged

It's true, even those little luxuries like buying a coffee on the way in to work makes me stop & think these days...the price has almost doubled in a couple of months.

Those that have money will feel it less, but for those who were struggling in the first place are finding it more & more difficult to just keep their heads above water. When it becomes difficult to afford the basics like rice (can you believe there is a rice shortage? Shocked )and the petrol bill for a month is almost the same as my grocery bill used to be a couple of months ago, it's time to worry.

Maybe as a society we had become too carefree with our money - especially in this electronic age where often we spend virtually - and this tightening of the belt is good for all of us. However as you say Honey, the danger here is for those who cannot afford to feed their children..it's all very well giving up luxuries but we have to make sure that everyone has at least the basics.

What's the answer? I don't really know...but the powers that be (the government) need to do something fast.

Edited by Nisha_07 - 06 July 2008 at 2:54am

Fazila~

IF-Stunnerz

Fazila~

Posted: 06 July 2008 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
everyone is troubled by inflation, even the rich, so many big malls and factories are being shut down, cause they cant afford to keep it open, closing them means more jobless ppl o nthe road, that will mean more ppl will be force to steal to meet their ends, which will give rise to crimes....which will be the worst part of it.......i wish the govts of the world unit and do soemthing about it...soon....

Fazila~

IF-Stunnerz

Fazila~

Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:27am | IP Logged
plz DivljakPera dont spam, or u will get a warning...thanks

Post Reply New Post

Go to top