A Promise is a Promise....right?

Posted: 15 years ago

A Promise is a Promise....is it?

Honoring promises is high the list of requirements in being a person of integrity.๐Ÿ˜›
Basically, if someone doesn't follow through on a promise or have a very good excuse for backing out on their word U feel betrayed.....sad....hurt๐Ÿ˜•

Whenever I've had a promise made to me broken it has affected me adversely. If you've ever had a friend or family member or someone close on a promise made to you then i'm sure you'll understand what i'm trying to say....?
No one likes to be forgotten or dumped upon, simply coz it hurts!

One of my fav songs abt kaasme vaade...is the title song from the movie kasme vaade: ...Remember the song..Kaasme Vaade nibhayenge hum.......?๐Ÿ˜ƒ

and i also love Vaada raha sanam...honge judaa na hum from Khiladi

Tell me...

Do u keep your word/promise....always..??

Do u feel bad when someone breaks a promise made to you..?

What is Your fav song abt kasme vaade...?

Love,
Gracella

I feel that keeping promises is very important.
Don't make promises you can't keep.
Broken promises hurt individuals and can erode relationships.
Trustworthiness is too valuable of a characteristic to own... don't give it away...... ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Love,
Gracella
yup, i totally agree! "A promise is a promise." That's why you should never make a promise if you can not keep it!Its as simple as that! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
promises r made to b broken todenge nahi toh fir promise kaise karenge ๐Ÿ˜† jokes apart yes i do believe personally if u dont have da guts to fulfil da promise dont make it atleast i dont make a promise if i have 1% doubt
I don't make promises easily, infact I rarely promise anything, but if I make a promise I keep it at all costs.

Well I do feel a li'l bad maybe but I tend to forget such things easily.

What a random question... well apart from the two songs that you've mentioned I also like Kasme Vaade Pyar Wafa Sab Baatein Hai Baaton Ka Kya from the film Upkar.
Do u keep your word/promise....always..??

Yes... I always keep my promise

Do u feel bad when someone breaks a promise made to you..?

That has never happened but I guess I would feel bad... not just if someone broke a promise made to me but made to anyone... it's just not the right thing to do... but I easily forgive...

What is Your fav song abt kasme vaade...?

Vaada raha sanam... honge judaa na hum from Khiladi is also one of my favourite songs about promises. Others include: Vaada raha pyaar se pyaar ka from Khakee, Kasam ki kasam from Main Prem Ki Deewani Hoon etc...

Originally posted by shijhu

promises r made to b broken todenge nahi toh fir promise kaise karenge ๐Ÿ˜† jokes apart yes i do believe personally if u dont have da guts to fulfil da promise dont make it atleast i dont make a promise if i have 1% doubt

hey tum bhi naa..๐Ÿ˜†that is one of my fav. lines...i use it in hindi...Vaade kiye jaate hai..todne ke liye๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ahh soumya..that is indeed a great song from Upkar!!

and wow rukhi i like both songs you mentioned as well esp Kasm ki kasam from MPKDH
there r two types of promises one is for short duration and another one is for long duration but even if anyone is broken it hurts equally a lot....n thats y i agree with all of u that we should never make a promise which we can't keep.

i like the song Wada na tod(it's sung by Lata Mangeshkar๐Ÿ˜ƒ), vaada tera vaada, kasam ki kasam, vada raha pyar se pyar ka, Kaasme vaade nibhayenge hum n Vaada raha sanam honge judaa na hum(which u had mentioned).
u said it right...........a promis is a promis...........
i thinku should not make a promis if u cant fulfill it becasue if u borke the promis it will hurt the person u made promis too..............
so whenever i have to make a prois i think about it a lot then i make it.....but i dont make promises that esiiy becasuse not al the time u can fulfill the promise.................so in limit u should stat to make promises...........

โค๏ธMONA