Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Should ekta's k-sagas be banned? (Page 5)

musicaddict1 Goldie
musicaddict1
musicaddict1

Posted: 21 July 2008 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by cool_pak

I am fed up of kekta 's soaps
really they r just ruining the womans
bcoz of her serials ppl are gaining negative thinking...
really these serials of her r only destroying ppl.
i juts dont watch her serials

they are the most horrid shows ever!!
corvette IF-Rockerz
corvette
corvette

Posted: 23 July 2008 at 7:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

According to what the Supreme Court of India thinks, these serials are a series of Rape's., i.e a married man having an S*x with a unmarried woman
Sex with woman on promise of marriage is rape: SC
NEW DELHI: Love-making by a married man with a woman after making her believe that he was unmarried or on the promise of marriage is rape, the Supreme Court has ruled.

"Since, he was already married, the subsequent marriage, if any, has no sanctity in law and is void ab-initio (illegal from the inception)," a bench of Justices Arijit Pasayat and P Sathasivam observed in a judgement.

The apex court rejected the argument of the convict Bhupinder Singh, an employee of the State Bank of Patiala, that since the victim Manjit Kaur had consented to sex despite knowing his marital status, the ingredients of Section 376 (rape) would not apply in his case.

In this case, a sessions court in Chandigarh had convicted and sentenced Bhupinder Singh to seven years rigorous imprisonment (RI) and a fine of Rs 10,000 on Bhupinder Singh on charges of fathering Kaur's child despite the fact that he was already married and having kids.

It was the case of the victim that she had married Singh after the latter made her believe that he was unmarried and fathered her child.

But later she came to know that he was already married and had kids through his first wife.

Singh on his part denied having married Kaur, but on the basis of the various documents, the sessions court sentenced him to seven years RI.

He appealed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court which upheld the conviction but reduced the sentence to three years on the premise that Kaur had consented to sex, knowing fully well that Singh was married.

The High Court had also ordered him to pay Rs one lakh compensation to the victim, failing which he would have to serve the original sentence imposed by the Sessions court.

Dissatisfied with the relief granted by the High Court, Singh had filed an appeal in the apex court, which rejected his plea.

If you go by this article, perhaps Ekta comes out looking a Genius, superintelligent as compared to .........................

Not strictly to do with the topic in question, but this ruling really disturbed me.......
If she consented, sorry - but in my book that is not rape.

the guy may be an adulterer but not a rapist. - so the judge and court are completely bonkers!

As for the alleged victim - I have no sympathy whatsoever for her - if you indulge in "relations" (so no one here can be offended and offering full deference to ever-vigilant Mods) without using birth control - deal with the consequences like a woman - not a weeping willow.

If it's child maintenance she was after - call a spade a spade and make the appropriate claim.

Personally, I think such a ruling was made to somehow safeguard the alleged victim's reputation - by showing her to have been misled.

I'm sure there are plenty of women out there that have been "misled" by married men as to the future of their relationship. That doesnt make them rape victims.

A woman scorned is the moral that comes to mind............

.AngryMAngry

xsweetbabygyalx Senior Member
xsweetbabygyalx
xsweetbabygyalx

Posted: 26 July 2008 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing the article, I agree she is very intelligent in her soap operas. I don't watch her serials unless when my bf is in it. I don't sometimes understand what's going on in the drama serial esp if I miss out some of the episodes LOL
Perfangel5655 IF-Sizzlerz
Perfangel5655
Perfangel5655

Posted: 27 July 2008 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

no way!!!!! I love criticizing her serials. It funny to see grandma's look like they are 30 at most. It's entertaining. So what a person dies 100 times, it' not real. And no reason to ban her serials. There are alien and bhoot movies around, they are not banned and we watch them just fine!

Beside I love ekta jodis and her hunks are gorgeous! If her serials are gone from tv...there would be nothing interesting left!
jagdu IF-Dazzler
jagdu
jagdu

Posted: 29 July 2008 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
On SunTv Ekta and Shoba kapoor produce Kasturi. Am sure it is the same in other languages, telugu and hindi. It is demeaning to society that men cheat women and marry twice, hire hoodlums and hurt ohers and put the two families into discord. The women on the show are portrayed as masochists, who can do nothing to the male chauvanists.

Edited by jagdu - 29 July 2008 at 3:41pm
Anuradha IF-Veteran Member
Anuradha
Anuradha

Posted: 30 July 2008 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jagdu

On SunTv Ekta and Shoba kapoor produce Kasturi. Am sure it is the same in other languages, telugu and hindi. It is demeaning to society that men cheat women and marry twice, hire hoodlums and hurt ohers and put the two families into discord. The women on the show are portrayed as masochists, who can do nothing to the male chauvanists.

No tamil Kasturi is different from that Hindi LOL I dont watch any, but have watched the promos of Hindi kasturi  and my grand mother is religious Kasturi watcher... So, know that they both are different LOL

I just can say onething - Love them or Hate them, You just cant ignore them Wink They are every whr.. Now she has even launched reality shows Ouch LOL She should launch a channel house and keep all her shows to that channel... The name being Balaji Kekta Channel Wink So, we can just ignore the channel totally.. LOL
bellajacob IF-Dazzler
bellajacob
bellajacob

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
if u dont like..stay away from it....why are u wasting your precious time here..!!!!
Ekta makes shows for her livelihood..viewers watch it for entertainment..if ppl dont get enterained... when TRPs fall... Ekta will then stop those shows....

why scold ekta who is doing such a gr8 work of entertaining the mass...??
Ekta's shows are fictional...wonder why ppl try to apply them in real life!!!!LOL

ElusiveDevotion IF-Dazzler
ElusiveDevotion
ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 01 August 2008 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JINKTAK

if u dont like..stay away from it....why are u wasting your precious time here..!!!!
Ekta makes shows for her livelihood..viewers watch it for entertainment..if ppl dont get enterained... when TRPs fall... Ekta will then stop those shows....

why scold ekta who is doing such a gr8 work of entertaining the mass...??
Ekta's shows are fictional...wonder why ppl try to apply them in real life!!!!LOL

Completely agree with you>>!!Clap I mean I have met some people who say they hate her serials and then go home and watch EVERY one of them..!!ShockedLOL So, if you dont like something, then you yourself shouldnt watch it.... it shouldnt be banned because there are people who like that sort of entertainment....if one by one ppl stop watching them...then definitely TRPS will decrease....so if you wanna change something...start small and turn off the TV screen when her show comes onLOL. I personally watch ksbkbt  because my favourite couple Gauri-Hiten are major characters in it. But other than that, no chanceLOL.Also, her shows are fictional work, so I dont understand why would anyone apply  those methods and ideas in real lifeLOLLOL There are many great things to look up to other than k-dramasBig smile.

Edited by redhotght - 01 August 2008 at 5:59pm

Go to top