MICHI's journey (warning: it's LONG!!!!!)

Posted: 15 years ago

Dedicated to Ms F🤗

MICHI continues to enchant me, partly because of Shabbir and Panchi's scintillating chemistry, but primarily because of the various facets of their relationship! J  Most of the other serials, especially on Star Plus, are satisfied with a tried and tested storyline, comprising of ONS, rape, illegitimate kids, multiple spouses, a melodramatic vamp etc; however, Kayamath is quite different *touch wood*, so much so that even the 'baddies' are sympathized  with. 

Yes, KYM also has its own lean patches and illogical scenarios, but I have noticed that every silly plot nurtures and develops the relationship of the main couple, MICHI.  Despite facing innumerable difficulties, they remain untainted and together, and with every lull they grow closer and stronger, which truly sets this serial apart. I hope their closeness is maintained forever, thereby making our favorite soap 'one of a kind', and not just 'one of many'!

Here, I have tried to explore the various phases of their relationship

Phase 1 (Trepidation):  From strangers to forced-partners

I knew naught of a life beyond my own

But fate has brought me to a person unknown

Unsure I am of what my life will become

I only see darkness, I only see tears

My heart conceals a million fears

Milind was the king of his Chawl, while Prachi was the princess of her little mansion!  Both had fallen in love with others, and were complete strangers to each other.  Although their paths had briefly crossed couple of times, not even in their wildest dreams did they imagine being together.  He was the quintessential ruffian who defied rules, and she was a protected little baby who conformed to everyone – how could these polar opposites ever be compatible? 

BUT, destiny wielded its magic wand, and they got married under duress.

MICHI faced several rough waters during this challenging phase of their partnership.  While Milind refused to trust a rich girl whose brother had ruined his sister's life, Prachi was intimidated by his aggressiveness and temper.  It didn't help that he left no stones unturned to abuse and insult her, either directly or indirectly.  Similarly, she was too meek to stand up to him, although she secretly fulfilled all her 'wifely' duties. Hence, these initial days were wrought with fear and trepidation

Phase 2 (Acceptance):  From forced-partners to mutual acceptance

You were not my first choice

But I will no longer push you away

For I see a ray of hope in our union…

Will it lead to something more?

Or will I just continue to hope…night and day

Soon enough, though, Milind realized Prachi's innate goodness, and decided to give it all to his new relationship.  Meanwhile, Prachi too rejoiced in her husband's presence, and looked forward to spending the rest of her life with him. 

Once they had accepted each other, they also spent more time understanding each other's interests, desires and feelings. 

She was enchanted by his childlike innocence, captivating persona and steadfast loyalty; he reveled in her beauty, sweetness, simplicity and grace. 

Things looked encouraging………….but, alas, their happiness was short-lived, for one cruel, scheming mind used his insecurities to drive a wedge between them!

Phase 3 (Heartache):  From acceptance to heartache

Oh…I knew nothing of you before

But once we came close

I wanted to know so much more….

Why did you care….

If you were just going to leave me in despair

In a classic case of miscommunication, MICHI chose to ignore their thumping heartbeats, wrongly assuming that each loved their 'ex'!  !!!!!!!!!

He chided, mocked, and suspected; she cried, pined, and prayed.  

Their eyes pleaded to be together, but they forcefully turned their heads away.   Ironically though, as their distances grew, their hearts only came nearer; as each wished for the other to be happy with whom they 'incorrectly assumed' was their true love, they also hoped against hope to never separate

Phase 4 (Passion):  From heartache to passion

How I longed to drown in your eyes

And hold you close to my heart

How I wanted you to do the same

I was tired of being jealous, of being alone

How I wanted to be with you…..

Now, finally, our bodies and souls have intertwined

Life is fine, for you are finally mine

As MICHI's pent-up needs simmered below the surface, restlessly waiting to explode, Milind's mounting apprehensions and covetous rage led to an emotional confrontation, leading them both to bare their hearts.  What started off as another night of gloominess ended with their memorable consummation.  MICHI were finally ONE in the truest sense of love!

Their most beautiful (and romantic) phase until now, the two adorable lovebirds spent hours gazing into each other's eyes, thanking their lucky stars, and just being with each other.  

He flirted, charmed, romanced; she blushed, smiled and loved back

All was well in their paradise, and so satisfied were MICHI that they even decided to start a sweet family. 

No one thought that a sleeping snake would strike them, yet again! 

Phase 5 (Separation):  From Passion to Separation

I had built several wondrous dreams of a future together

But who knew they were simply castles in air

For you led a dual life, betrayed me, shattered my feelings

You are nothing but a liar

I thought you trusted me…

And my love proved my innocence

Not once did I realize that my love wasn't enough for you to love me back  

Seems like WE were never meant to be

Perhaps it is best there remain a distance

In perhaps one of the most tortuous phases of MICHI's marital life (and that of their fans!), they almost separated due to a misunderstanding over a baby!   Never confiding in Milind, Prachi protected her sister-in-law's biggest secret at the cost of her marriage.   On his part, Milind failed the test of faith, as he was quick to believe that his wife had committed adultery with her childhood love

As their distance multiplied due to HER silence and HIS distrust, they ended up in court, almost getting divorced!

Oh, why do they have to suffer so!!!!!   But, thankfully, this was not the end of their delightful romance!

Phase 6 (Reunion):  From separation to reunion

I paid my price for doubting your honesty

I wrenched in loneliness, writhed in agony

How could I ever let you go

Please forgive me, and trust me one last time

I promise, my love will be stronger than before

Come back to me, let us be together again;

For eternity

Thanks to a baby's wonderful detective skills (!), MICHI's divorce got stopped in time – destiny had provided them with yet another chance to set things right, and they grabbed it with fervor and joy!  As traumatic as the entire experience was, MICHI learnt some valuable lessons about trust and openness in marriage. 

Things were once again hunky dory in their little heaven, and they were all set to tie the knot again – this time, for the right reason!!!!! J

But could their pleasure ever last long?  As always, GOD snatched their happiness after tempting them with another tiny morsel!

Phase 7 (Agony):  From Reunion to Agony

I don't know you

You were never mine

Yet my heart can't stop beating at your sight

To whom should I reveal my plight

You could have forgotten our past

But our love is stronger than your memories

I cannot live without you

So you have to come back to me

In what seemed like a cruel twist of fate, Milind was accidentally hit by his jealous ex-lover's car on the day of his second marriage with Prachi, and suffered from partial amnesia, thereby forgetting his one year of togetherness with Prachi, only recalling his moments with his ex-love!  But can true love ever be forgotten?   Despite his cautious efforts to stay clear of Prachi, Milind was uncontrollably attracted towards her for the second time, emphatically proving that pure love doesn't depend on memories; it only needs a heart!  Nevertheless, he concealed his feelings, incorrectly presuming that she was engaged to her first love!

Meanwhile, ignorant of his budding desires, Prachi joined forces with her best friend and sis-in-law to help him recollect their precious one year. 

Why does He relish testing their endurance over and over again?  Why does He want to split the couple He created?! 

Phase 8 (Gratification):  From agony to gratification

No more are we going to cry, my dear

Never will any trouble befall, don't ever fear

Together, we have experienced enough

But from now on, I only want to hear you laugh

Hold me tight, feel my breath, feel my heart, feel my soul

It's only you everywhere, you make me whole

With you, no doubt, my life will smoothly flow

Fortunately, things brightened finally for MICHI!

The two cuties continued to silently yearn for each other until Milind heard Prachi's declaration of love  on the terrace (a touching scene), and dramatically cancelled his wedding with his ex-love at the last minute to embrace Prachi forever!  

What was especially notable about this entire scenario was that Milind accepted Prachi even before regaining his memory, which made their reunion much more special; he didn't love her BECAUSE she was his wife, he loved her DESPITE NOT KNOWING that they were already connected

Of course, Milind regained his memory soon after, and they are at the most joyous phase of their lives right now.   Secure and blissfully content in each other's arms, life has traveled a full circle and traversed a gamut of emotions, at last endowing MICHI with extreme happiness and satisfaction.  Hope it remains so, and this beatific couple never EVER separate, but instead jointly confront every challenge

Love you, MICHI, and love ya, Fahima for encouraging me to write this!

Edited by krangara - 15 years ago
lovely post kit and very well written loved it. 👏
👏 👏 👏 kitto beautiful post! 😳
wow 👏 that was beautifull hun..im so speecheless and emotional right now that i want to go and watch all those michi scenes again 😳
Such a lovely post Kitty!!! Amazing...love the way u wrote about their journey 👏
May Michi remain united forever and ever!!!
Wow! Kit, how long did this take you? Awesome tho, I couldnt have summed up their lives better, myself, great jobb!! 😉 😳
krangara. wow, you have penned Michi's graph (journey) so beautifully. this jodi has come so far. its been a year since they got married, i think it was in july they got married. there have been turbelent times, trying times, but this jodi came out trumps, i hope they stick together through thick and thin and remain pure. please creatives don't ever taint this jodi.

thank you fahima for encouraging krangara.
Aw Kit that was so sweet dear I'm so impressed... 👏
Thanks everyone....they have undergone innumerable difficulties, but remain untainted and together! That's what makes my couple the most special!!!!! 👏
kits fantastic post 👏 ....mail this to ss yaar....hope he'll understand our emotions 😊