Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 7)

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

A mother wouldn't be so foolish to commit suicide unless she was forced too!

Also, no one can "accidentally" get pregnant! It would be an accident if a man was walking down the street and  tripped and he or she accidentally fell on a girl and "ahem ahem" happened!

Sex is done intentionally, and everyone should be aware that they can control their emotions and even get birth control! If you are raped, different story of course!

Also, I didn't say that the women can't get abortion at all! I said if she can avoid it, then she shoud look for a way to avoid it! Abortion can also take a toll on her body, besides from killing a life! If she can find good people to raise the child, then she should at least give it a thought! The only consequence of that would be that the child later in life will love his or her birth mother very much for giving him/her a chance to live! 

Monica , you CAN get pregnant accidentaly , that means , in this context when you have no plans for it . Sorry , English is a funny language as once Amitabh Bacchan said !!LOL This term is used often , when meaning you had no plans for it . Many slip ups happen , that means all birth control methods are NOT 100 % safe .   So thats the meaning of an accidental pregnancy .

Secondly , please understand , you are young yet , and don't know that women go through too many hormanal changes at pregnancy , many times it leads to an imbalance in the brain . It is said 1/5 woman goes through post partum depression , meaning when after giving a birth , woman goes through depression . This depression is not like " I am feeling sad" type . Its very very serious . I have seen it in 2 of my closest friends who had break down .This friend was so serious , she was hallicunating , and she attacked her loved ones , she couldn't even nurse her son through it all . Its so serious that they needed monitoring . Fortunately they had loving husbands to help them through . Not every pregnant girl has a loving husband or a parent to help her through . It is then when a woman considers suicide ........... during pregnancy and after pregnancy !!
MonicA#1Actress Goldie
MonicA#1Actress
MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indygirl

Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

A mother wouldn't be so foolish to commit suicide unless she was forced too!

Also, no one can "accidentally" get pregnant! It would be an accident if a man was walking down the street and  tripped and he or she accidentally fell on a girl and "ahem ahem" happened!

Sex is done intentionally, and everyone should be aware that they can control their emotions and even get birth control! If you are raped, different story of course!

Also, I didn't say that the women can't get abortion at all! I said if she can avoid it, then she shoud look for a way to avoid it! Abortion can also take a toll on her body, besides from killing a life! If she can find good people to raise the child, then she should at least give it a thought! The only consequence of that would be that the child later in life will love his or her birth mother very much for giving him/her a chance to live! 

Monica , you CAN get pregnant accidentaly , that means , in this context when you have no plans for it . Sorry , English is a funny language as once Amitabh Bacchan said !!LOL This term is used often , when meaning you had no plans for it . Many slip ups happen , that means all birth control methods are NOT 100 % safe .   So thats the meaning of an accidental pregnancy .

Secondly , please understand , you are young yet , and don't know that women go through too many hormanal changes at pregnancy , many times it leads to an imbalance in the brain . It is said 1/5 woman goes through post partum depression , meaning when after giving a birth , woman goes through depression . This depression is not like " I am feeling sad" type . Its very very serious . I have seen it in 2 of my closest friends who had break down .This friend was so serious , she was hallicunating , and she attacked her loved ones , she couldn't even nurse her son through it all . Its so serious that they needed monitoring . Fortunately they had loving husbands to help them through . Not every pregnant girl has a loving husband or a parent to help her through . It is then when a woman considers suicide ........... during pregnancy and after pregnancy !!

I understand and see! I know it isn't easy! Maybe I am young and when I become a mother maybe I will get a better idea! My only viewpoint was try to be careful as possible! If the women can find a baby a better home she should at least look into it! If she can do it then it is better for both! Abortion I have seen can have tremendous effects on the women's body! Since the pregnancy ends so abruptly, it sends the pregnancy hormones even more into an imbalance because abortion is done without the body knowing it! Anyways, I just think a women should try to be carefulm if something does happen, at least see is she can do something else for the baby! If worst comes to worst, then maybe abortion might be necessary!  But I saw the actual abortion happening on tape and it is very sad to see! Especially when the baby was not at fault!

Thanks for your viewpoints! I understand what you mean as well! This topic just has too many sides to it! There is no clear right or wrong! Just too much to consider!Confused

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
MonicaA#1Actress , i too agree that it MUST not be used as a birth control method . As in casually . But not many women use it so casually .And it would be nice if she would give up that child for adoption , there would be many happy adoptee parents who would be glad to accept them. And yes i agree abortion too is often very traumatising for the woman .

And what i liked the most about what you wrote , that abortion is a very complicated decision , there is NO wrong or RIGHT . Its so very situational . That is what i try and say !!

Over time i realised that not to judge people - thats why i have a mid path approach towards every thing . I prefer to keep a open mind and not be too rigid !!

Edited by indygirl - 25 October 2005 at 8:02pm
MonicA#1Actress Goldie
MonicA#1Actress
MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:24pm | IP Logged

MonicaA#1Actress , i too agree that it MUST not be used as a birth control method . As in casually . But not many women use it so casually .And it would be nice if she would give up that child for adoption , there would be many happy adoptee parents who would be glad to accept them. And yes i agree abortion too is often very traumatising for the woman .

And what i liked the most about what you wrote , that abortion is a very complicated decision , there is NO wrong or RIGHT . Its so very situational . That is what i try and say !!

Over time i realised that not to judge people - thats why i have a mid path approach towards every thing . I prefer to keep a open mind and not be too rigid !!

Yay! I think that is the best answer! There is no right or wrong! There si too much to look into and the situation should be looked at!

But it isn't right to use abortion as a way to concieve the desired sex( Males!) or as a form of birth control!  That is what really gets me upset!Cry

Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:32pm | IP Logged
Monicaa1Actress wrote -
But it isn't right to use abortion as a way to concieve the desired sex( Males!) or as a form of birth control! That is what really gets me upset!

Gets me furious actually !!! Angry
MonicA#1Actress Goldie
MonicA#1Actress
MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Monicaa1Actress wrote -
But it isn't right to use abortion as a way to concieve the desired sex( Males!) or as a form of birth control! That is what really gets me upset!

Gets me furious actually !!! Angry

Ya me tooAngry! The Female to Male ratio in India has declined since infant girls are being killed and female fetuses are being aborted! About 3 million female babies are aborted each year because they don't want girls! Cry

These women should not be allowed to have abortions! If they claim they have no money to raise the girl because of dowry, then what about the boys? You also have to spend money on them, because of health care and other necessities! This is just too sad!Cry

Go to top