Debate Mansion

Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 4:28pm | IP Logged

Ides wrote "Many people think that it is better to abort a child who has genetic disorders….I disagree with this…..I don't think anyone has the right to play God with a another being….my family friend's unborn baby was diagnosed with some sort disorder that the doctors said would give it very little chance of survival and she had the option of aborting the baby. Needless to say she was shattered but still refused the abortion. Her baby was born healthy…..the docs later found out that her reports had been changed with that of another lady…"

. This totally sounds fatalastic to me . Leave it to god and trust him . "God helps those who help themselves".When you are not capable of looking after a child who is a special needs child . Its better not to bring this child in the harsh cruel world !!!

Gentle girl wrote
"she shouldnt have  had the sex in the first. well having abortion can cause many problems after their marrige i mean after marrige when you really wants a child that child might be abnormal  what will you say to your husband in that time , you shouldn't think about only present you should think about the future even. i dont think abortion is such a good idea  even for the girl who has been raped, cos its not that babys fault that she got raped
"

i don't think its correct to decide when an adult to have sex .( yes i don't approve of teens having sex).......but i believe its a question of responsibility , enjoy but with responsibility. Incase it was my teen daughter who got pregnant , i would advice her to abort , than rather ruin her own life. After all whats done ...has been done .The only way to face upto errors is to correct the situation . And medically its not proven that aborting the first child will cause problems later . Its an old theory !!

Also keeping a child who has been the result of rape is a terrible idea. Its the most traumatic thing for a rape victim to face the child every day . Is it worth it for this child to come in to the world and face hatred from his own mother and have the knowledge about his father  !!!

Edited by indygirl - 24 July 2005 at 4:43pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 6)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jyoti_Saroya1

Jyoti_Saroya1

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 11:16am | IP Logged
I agree with "gigli" (Jen) too! LOL

miel

Groupbie

miel

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cndguju

gigli wrote:

What a woman wants to do with her body is her choice and her choice only. If a woman wants to get an abortion for whatever reason she has every right too. No one can tell another person what to do. That is like if I went to someone in a restaurant and said "Don't eat that because I do not want you to!"

The only time I can personally disagree with abortion is when someone uses it as a form of birth control (constant abortions), but like I said no one should be able to stop someone from aborting a baby. If someone is raped- why should they be further reminded of that event?

Also- one needs to think about the kids! If someone knows they cannot provide the right means to care for a child's well-being and does not wish to give them up for adoption (because they fear they might want to meet the child which would further complicate matters) then it is in everyone's best interest that the child not be born.

I still do not understand who gave anyone the right to tell a person what not to do with their body. That makes no sense to me.

As for the father- if he is not in the picture- he has no say. If he is... a joint decision has to be made. If the father really wants the baby- then he should take full responsibility for the child.... I know this would probably not always work but....

............................................................ .........................................................

gurl i couldnt have put it, any better.....completly agree!!!!

i share your opinion.its the women's right to choose.

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 8:00am | IP Logged

As much as abortions are necessary in some cases, I don't think they should allowed just for anyone! If you have health problems, or if you were raped, or if the child has prolems, and possibly if you will be unable to take care of the child due to other problems, then abortion can be done!

Abortion is a serious thing and a very sad one! Since I plan on attended medical school later in my life, I took medical classes with special permission from my high school!

Have any of you seen an abortion???? If not, then it is very easy for all of you to say that it is the womens choice and everything is up to her!

It is one of the most horrible procedures ever!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is graphic, but this is reality! The limbs are cut off a lot of times, sometimes a vacuum is used to pull the embryo out and the baby basically turns to mush!Cry

I was in total shock! Of course I didn't see it happen in an office but in videos of the procedures being done!  I also saw videos of surgeries being done, in which case I suggest only people who can handle these kinds of things to become doctors! 

My point, try to avoid abortion if possible! It is terrible and very sad that an undeveloped life does not get a chance to be born and live a life. Even 1 1/2 to 2 months into a pregnancy an embryo begins to develop human characteristics, and a small heartbeat develops!

Please avoid  abortion if you can! IT IS JUST NOT WORTH IT!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonicA#1Actress

As much as abortions are necessary in some cases, I don't think they should allowed just for anyone! If you have health problems, or if you were raped, or if the child has prolems, and possibly if you will be unable to take care of the child due to other problems, then abortion can be done!

Abortion is a serious thing and a very sad one! Since I plan on attended medical school later in my life, I took medical classes with special permission from my high school!

Have any of you seen an abortion???? If not, then it is very easy for all of you to say that it is the womens choice and everything is up to her!

It is one of the most horrible procedures ever!!!!!!!!

Sorry if this is graphic, but this is reality! The limbs are cut off a lot of times, sometimes a vacuum is used to pull the embryo out and the baby basically turns to mush!Cry

I was in total shock! Of course I didn't see it happen in an office but in videos of the procedures being done!  I also saw videos of surgeries being done, in which case I suggest only people who can handle these kinds of things to become doctors! 

My point, try to avoid abortion if possible! It is terrible and very sad that an undeveloped life does not get a chance to be born and live a life. Even 1 1/2 to 2 months into a pregnancy an embryo begins to develop human characteristics, and a small heartbeat develops!

Please avoid  abortion if you can! IT IS JUST NOT WORTH IT!

Would you then say a woman who gets pregnant accidentally and is forced to keep the baby and due to depression commits suicide its O.K ??
Because thats what happens , there are strong possibility when its imposed on a woman she may attempt to take her own life .Would that be wrong ? If you say yes . But thats what depression does to you !!!!!!!!

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:55am | IP Logged
But the whole point is don't get pregnant if you don't want the baby..... Aparna and I have already had tons of discussoins on this toipc!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by naina_manam

But the whole point is don't get pregnant if you don't want the baby..... Aparna and I have already had tons of discussoins on this toipc!

Yes dear i know !!LOLLOL But many others , like new members , or old ones that did not particpate aren't done yet !!And i don't mind discussing it again , as i am used to repeating myself untill i get myself across - you see i used to be a school teacher untill i retired!!LOL

The whole point in not so easy Naina, many time people get pregnant accidentaly . As i said before it's lack of education/Knowledge some times or maybe their birth control method failed !! Once pregnant woman go through hormonal change that affects them very deeply mentally .If mother to be is not prepared or happy , she will think of suicide as a possibility if forced to keep a baby against her will.

Edited by indygirl - 25 October 2005 at 6:09pm

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:47pm | IP Logged

A mother wouldn't be so foolish to commit suicide unless she was forced too!

Also, no one can "accidentally" get pregnant! It would be an accident if a man was walking down the street and  tripped and he or she accidentally fell on a girl and "ahem ahem" happened!

Sex is done intentionally, and everyone should be aware that they can control their emotions and even get birth control! If you are raped, different story of course!

Also, I didn't say that the women can't get abortion at all! I said if she can avoid it, then she shoud look for a way to avoid it! Abortion can also take a toll on her body, besides from killing a life! If she can find good people to raise the child, then she should at least give it a thought! The only consequence of that would be that the child later in life will love his or her birth mother very much for giving him/her a chance to live! 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top