Debate Mansion

Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 7

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

bystander

IF-Stunnerz

bystander

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
I agree with gigli.

It should be the mother'c choice.  But if she is doing it after finding the sex of th baby, then it is WRONG!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

abhayfan

abhayfan

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 10:21pm | IP Logged
I agree that the womans body is her own, so let het cut a leg off, or an arm off. The baby growing inside her is an individual human being.  If a man and woman feel responsible enough to have intercourse, they should be responsible enough for the posible outcomes.  If she or they feel they cannot afford the baby, give it up for adoption.  There are many couples who cannot have children who would take the baby in a heartbeat, and even pay for medical expenses.  If the sex of the child is wrong, again give it up for adoption.  If the baby is the result of a rape, once again, its not the baby's fault.  It does not have to be a constant reminder, give it up for adoption. I'm sorry, but abortion is not the answer. 

kalpanajaggi

kalpanajaggi

Posted: 19 January 2005 at 8:57am | IP Logged

As a woman I feel that as long as Abortion is not used as a tool for:

1.   Contraceptive

2.   Aborting a female foetus after Determining the sex of the child

Abortion is not immoral.  The pain that a woman goes through when she looses the child is beyond the comprehension of most people.

sarina_202

sarina_202

Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gigli

What a woman wants to do with her body is her choice and her choice only. If a woman wants to get an abortion for whatever reason she has every right too. No one can tell another person what to do. That is like if I went to someone in a restaurant and said "Don't eat that because I do not want you to!"

The only time I can personally disagree with abortion is when someone uses it as a form of birth control (constant abortions), but like I said no one should be able to stop someone from aborting a baby. If someone is raped- why should they be further reminded of that event?

Also- one needs to think about the kids! If someone knows they cannot provide the right means to care for a child's well-being and does not wish to give them up for adoption (because they fear they might want to meet the child which would further complicate matters) then it is in everyone's best interest that the child not be born.

I still do not understand who gave anyone the right to tell a person what not to do with their body. That makes no sense to me.

As for the father- if he is not in the picture- he has no say. If he is... a joint decision has to be made. If the father really wants the baby- then he should take full responsibility for the child.... I know this would probably not always work but....

i agree with you..but then again..i don't...i guess that's the beauty of a deate..lol

about the rape issue you pointed out--you can use plan b..that's the pill you take upto atleast 72 hours...i mean how long does it take a person to realize that they've been raped and no condom was used?

getting pregnant is two sided not one..and i think the father should have a say in it too..yes we know that guyz can't give birth and that's one of the reason's why a father usually has no say in it watsoever...but if the guy wants the kid and the gal doesn't then she should have thought about it earlier ...maybe getting on the pill and using condoms or watever..

angelz

IF-Rockerz

angelz

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 11:56am | IP Logged
well i think that it all depends on the senario taking place durin this time peroid. an abortion is like a coin it has 2 sides to it. the sitaution being one side and the mothers will being the other....but we also haf 2 think about weather u wud like 2 kill a child just because u dont want them there...i mean thatz like commitin a murder just ina different sense

icy_devil

IF-Dazzler

icy_devil

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

i think it's the mother's choice.if she wants to keep the baby or not...but i think it should be legal

if they find out wht gender the baby is and they don't want the kind of gender then they should not kill the baby!!!!!!!i heard in china u are allowed only one child and ppl want a boy and when they find out they are going to have a baby girl then they kill it .tht's horrible

and sometimes ppl find out tht there kid is mentally retarded or handicap and they kill the kid saying they couldn't lok after it....how horrible is tht

when they find out tht they are going to have and girl they kill it and they want a boy and this usually happens in India

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 1:24pm | IP Logged
I agree with most of you. I also want to add that women(and men) should also know better way of birth control so that they don't get pregnant in the first place. I know in some cases you don't have any control over this like rape cases or birth control failing. The case of latter happening is 0.01%. So I think women should use birth control if they don't want to have a child at any moment. I don't want to bring religion into this matter.

But scientifically speaking, A fetus develops some pain perception at about 12-14 weeks because of the development of spino-thalamic system. It develops completely only at 20 weeks though. So most of the time fetus experience some pain at the time of abortion. In my opinion that is a form of killing. The killing of unborn. If I could then I would request everyone (men or women) to please use better birth control methods and try to avoid abortion. If it still fails then what can I say? But it should be legal because someone can't decide what's right or wrong with your decision. Cry

Edited by bluepink - 21 May 2005 at 1:28pm

lovefool

Groupbie

lovefool

Posted: 21 May 2005 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
absolutely concur wid most of the other members here!! Wink most of who happen to be females too!!

abortions shudn be looked upon as immoral.. and i think its sumthing which is a requirement in today's world.. due to the many kind of circumstances under which women concieve..

on a lighter note... Embarrassed in India.. dey shudnt hesitate to let a woman abort (before finding out the sex of the child ofcourse!)... bcos half the babies r like mistakes.. n v need to curb our population a bit as wel.. and den dere wont be so many unwanted children!

cheers!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top