Debate Mansion

Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 7

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 7
Page 4 Page 7

ides

IF-Dazzler

ides

Posted: 15 January 2005 at 12:18am | IP Logged

Very well said Jeni and PujaClap…..everyone has been extremely mature and have presented their thoughts very well….

I agree with Jeni in that abortion is not a sin if performed for the right reasons, which to me are only if the mother thinks that she is endangering her life. A conscious person has every right to make decision regarding her life but not that of another being…..abortions for any other reason are more for convenience and yes I would consider them a sin then….

Many people think that it is better to abort a child who has genetic disorders….I disagree with this…..I don't think anyone has the right to play God with a another being….my family friend's unborn baby was diagnosed with some sort disorder that the doctors said would give it very little chance of survival and she had the option of aborting the baby. Needless to say she was shattered but still refused the abortion. Her baby was born healthy…..the docs later found out that her reports had been changed with that of another lady….

To make a long story short, to me abortion in this case meant that u were losing hope….that u have no faith in the Being who u r asking aid from…..every individual bring in the world their own fate…..to abort a child today because one thinks she lacks the basic amenities only to have hit the jackpot in a Lotto the next day….the parents, jobs, people do not provide for a child, God does….

I believe that there is so much one does not know so how can we make a right decision based on incomplete knowledge…

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

alia

IF-Rockerz

alia

Posted: 15 January 2005 at 9:18am | IP Logged

truely said by gigli.
a kid by rape maybe aborted as it may remind her of the incident but i think if parents cant afford a childs future they should take certain measures to avoid concieving and am sure u all know there are many ways to do tht. cos abortion not only means killing an innocent being but killing it mercilessly. am sure if u pple knew how they abort a baby u wud agree with me, it gives u goosebumps. my cousin is a gynae in UK and once we were discussing this same topic when she told me how bad it is and some doctors actually cry while doing it. they burn the baby some how inside the womb or else one by one break every limb of the baby and remove it... ok some cases are such tht before concieving the parents are ready but after thr are some complications in tht matter i wud say they shud realise it in the first one and a half month of the pregnancy as the foetus does not really develop into a living being by then after tht i wud say it is a BIG sin.

in the end i wud only say 'yes a womens body is hers and she has every right to do wht she wants with it'... but before doing anything she shud once sit and think whether she is ready to have a kid or not if not then there are other measures to avoid getting pregnant. ofcourse am keeping the rape cases aside thts a completely another thing.

Edited by alia - 15 January 2005 at 9:25am

bulbuli75

bulbuli75

Posted: 15 January 2005 at 9:35am | IP Logged
well every rules in soceity must be treated with due respect and firstly the laws of nature . there is a long tussle between a personal freedom , freedom for society , the good , the bad . but me personally think abortion should truly be  a womens decision, provided the doctor agrees . there r many cases abortion may bring medical compliments . it not always offers the curative touch . one should exercise this option as the last alternative . about the point of bringing a deformed child , well sometimes deformity is coupled with a genious . you know, they come in a boquet . and about the rape child , well i think the society must answer that question ."support an abortion or support a raped mother ".

lakhenikita

lakhenikita

Posted: 16 January 2005 at 3:01am | IP Logged

Abortion as an issue has both negatives and positives. I don't think I need to mention them again as you have already written a lot of excellent stuff on it above.

From my piece of mind, I think that though a woman has a right over her own body, a new born child is not a property to be eliminated or governed. It is a union of 2, and as such, the darker sex has a right too in the matter (except in rape cases).

Therefore, I firmly believe that all abortions should be preceded by a counselling session of both parents and the necessary act should be decided upon by the counsellor in cases as under, analyzing the situation.

Rape births-(In this case only the mother should have a say in the matter)

Children with serious deformities

AIDS

Serious risk to the life of the mother

Late pregnancy

Apart from these, cases of premarital pregnancies should be handled sensitively and in the presence of both individuals. Both should have an equal say in the matter. If abortion is decided upon after a sonography, the counsellor must consult the doctor whether the foetus is suffering from a deformity or disease, or whether it is a gender-termination case. If so, the parents must be penalised and the abortion condemned.

In a nutshell, the cause for the abortion must be known in black and white before it is carried out.

---Nikita

x_TaniSha_x

x_TaniSha_x

Posted: 16 January 2005 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

I agree with Jen!

swadeshi2005

swadeshi2005

Posted: 16 January 2005 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Why is it that we always have to justify everything? What a woman faces a man will never know. If you ask a woman what she feels during the 9 months aside the emotions of being a mother she will surely say - help.

Life is precious and ensuring the survival of life is most important. The 9 months are just the beginning because the raising up of the child into a grown individual is the true challenge.

As a victim of rape or financial difficulty if a mother decides for abortion she is not wrong. If survival of the mother is at risk and questionable then abortion is the right choice. We men do rarely step up to the plate.

I was reading an article on cnn.com the other day that concluded that english men do tend to give an ignoring ear to the baby's cry at midnight. Regardless of the article, how many men would be willing to tend to a crying baby as soon as they enter the house from a tiring day at work? Yet we love to discuss abortions - for or against.

I know women personally who have gone for abortion and they are scarred for life. The did what they had as they had no choice but till date they cry without tears remembering someone that they did not see but knew was there.

My opinion on abortion - rather on talking and debating we should lend a hand of support and respect to women - who are humans and are also mothers, to the choices they make and ensure that they always have their rightful freedom to make choices for themselves.

Paheli

Paheli

Posted: 17 January 2005 at 6:13am | IP Logged

Thanks for opening this forum to yet another discussion.

I agree with almost all the comments above - Abortion is a tool, if used in the right cases such as rape victims or health concerns (of a baby or a mother), is extremely valuable. However, the choice should be considered on a case-by-case basis.

If a woman choses to have one, for whatever her reasons may be, I do not think anyone else has a right to judge her.  She and her alone will face the consequenses, physical or emotional, as may be the case.

I disagree with the logic of killing of a 'living'. How is killing of 'unborn' and 'unwanted' living being different than killing animals for various reasons? Afterall, we learn that animals have souls, too.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 18 January 2005 at 9:04am | IP Logged
I think if mother decide to have an abortion it is her choice. There are lots of situations that result in aborting a unborn fetus. I had lots of complication after my first baby. It lasted 9 mths postpartum and it was due to doctor's fault and his judgement. However, when me and my husband got our baby home we were not that happy 'coz I came home with cathedral and it was there for 1 mth and then coupld of surgeries following that. Now I am 100% fine and Dr's say that it's not your body it was my OBG's wrong judgement call. However, it was such a torture and I had to leave my baby home and stay in hospital for 1 week when she was 6 mths old. We were lucky to have my in-laws help us and sty with us for 10 mths otherwise in US with nuclear family it would have been so hard for us to be emotionaly stable and take care of baby. Dr. said we can still have healthy second baby without any complication if we go for c-section, but me and my husband are so scared of the whole thing that if by chance I get pregnant (accidents do happen) we may think about abortion. 'coz it's so risky and it was really a torture of us. Now I want second baby 'coz i miss my first one as baby as now she is almost 3, but my husband is very sensitive and he can't see my go through all these again. Also, as someone said here before that in India some uneducated class abort due to gender issue. I would personally think that if they dont want girl its better they don't 'coz otherwise they'll treat them as animals. we've all seen documentaries and controvercial discussion that how women are treated in some coutries. I am lucky to have free and great life, but can't think of woman who are treated like shit and sometimes their own parents beat them and do them all the work as if they are no human....do you think anyone of us would like to live such life? It is definetly a controversial topic but I think woman should have afinal authority to decide what they and their body wants to go through. For first couple yrs. of life baby is very dependant on their mother and if that mother does not want that baby at first place she wont be able to nurture and give that love and wont' be able to make that young one and good human being when it grow up.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top