Debate Mansion

Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 3 Page 7

pj04

IF-Veteran Member

pj04

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 11:58am | IP Logged

well said all of you...but i happen to disagree to certain points.....while i agree that no goverment or religion should be given power to decide if abortion is needed or not, i also happen to think that each case should be treated individually according to circumstances.

while it is true that it is a woman's body and she gets to decide how to treat it...the fact remains that her decision impacts a new life ready to enter world. while at times abortion may seem easiest route out...it may turn out to be hardest later. there are tremendous health issues involved in an abortion(one that may impact your life later), not to mention the emotional guilt involved.most people do not consider future implications when considering it (at times you can end up in state of infertility or difficult pregnancies later).while abortion may be justified in case of rapes, genetic deformities and health concerns but i hardly think it is justified in case of premarital/extramarital relationships(if you are foolish enough not to take necessary precautions) or simply delaying parenthood by few years (just bcoz you want to have fun).

also this is a problem in some southasian countries where abortion is used as a way to get rid of child of unwanted gender. one of my aunts is an ob/gyn in india. she claims that half of her patients specially uneducated ones would opt/would be forced to opt for abortion if she told them that thier kid was a daughter.if you consider the implications ...it leads us towards a society lacking in females disturbing nature's balance. the problem was so acute that indian government had to step in and declare finding the gender of the featuses and having abortion based on it illegal.

bottom line being ....while abortion is not a sin...however it should be treated as last resort owing to various physical, emotional and social implications involved.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abortions - Are they legally Immoral? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dreamyangel

Groupbie

Dreamyangel

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
You are right Gigli but u r killl ing a living being

anitha.b

IF-Dazzler

anitha.b

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
Wow...very well said Jen and Puja.

I agree that it is totally a woman's choice to do so. But if she is doing this to cover up her mistake then I don't think that even she should get that choice.

I personally feel that the little one should not be the sufferer ultimately for our convictions. It should be the last and the least step used. The decision should be only biased towards the unborn's health conditions and financial conditions.

The lesser the thought of this and use of this is better for better human.

pujas

pujas

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Well said gigli.

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 13 January 2005 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
u sooooooo right gigli

that is a woman's decision...sometimes there is no other practical solution....

saroj

saroj

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 3:31am | IP Logged
It's wrong to judge women who opt for abortion...because in most cases the circumstances lead them to do it.There might be health factors or economic problems behind a woman's decision to terminate her pregnancy.It is emotionally tough for any woman to abort her foetus,and maybe this was the last resort.But having said that,I feel that prevention of unwanted pregnancy is better than abortion..but then the rural women are ill equipped to deal with precautionary measures,they are treated as breeding machines by their husbands,

ruta

Goldie

ruta

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 5:06am | IP Logged

well in most of the cases abortion is beign misused. Like puja rightly said, many people after knowing the gender of the child want to abort it...as howmuch ever the world might have progressed there are certain area in india where people still believe in the norm that girls are a liabilty and drain on the financial resouces of the country.

i am not fully against abortion....but i feel that when humans don't have the right of giving life they don't have the right of taking it either.  

anonmember

IF-Sizzlerz

anonmember

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 7:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by pj04

also this is a problem in some southasian countries where abortion is used as a way to get rid of child of unwanted gender. one of my aunts is an ob/gyn in india. she claims that half of her patients specially uneducated ones would opt/would be forced to opt for abortion if she told them that thier kid was a daughter.if you consider the implications ...it leads us towards a society lacking in females disturbing nature's balance. the problem was so acute that indian government had to step in and declare finding the gender of the featuses and having abortion based on it illegal.

bottom line being ....while abortion is not a sin...however it should be treated as last resort owing to various physical, emotional and social implications involved.

Very well said and I also want to add that its commendable that the forum is discussing such a controversial topic. Another problem with abortion is that a woman maybe forced against her will to get an abortion, which puts her life in danger. If she prefers to keep her baby, but her family does not, she is not really having the 'freedom to choose'. But its also true that in some South Asian countries that many unwanted newborn baby girls are abandoned and left to die after birth. In some cases, would it be better to abort the fetus than have it be born in such a horrible circumstance?

My views are otherwise similar to what pj04 and gigli shared. Another sub-topic on the issue is under-age abortion (couldn't think of another name) Especially in life-threatening situations, should girls under the age of 18 be required to have parental permission before aborting? In many US states, there is such a law before an abortion for girls under the age of 18 which endanger a girl's health and delay an abortion which may be to prevent a pregnancy out of rape .

Edited by sonynyu - 14 January 2005 at 7:50pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top