Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Dua143

IF-Rockerz

Dua143

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:07am | IP Logged

Abhijeet Sawant set for image change with film debut

New Delhi, (IANS) Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant says he is set to change his 'romantic' image with his acting debut in "Lottery".

"The movie is not at all a romantic flick. It is in total contradiction with what audiences must be expecting from me. It is basically a thriller," Abhijeet told IANS over phone from Mumbai.

In the film, Sawant plays an accountant working in a fashion magazine, who gets trapped in a murder case.

The singer-turned-actor, whose voice was widely appreciated in the film "Aashiq Banaya Aapne" and the album "Junoon", has been cast opposite television actor Rucha Gujarati and newcomer Manisha Kelkar in the film.

However, "Lottery" was not his first film offer. Abhijeet said he was flooded with movie offers immediately after he won the first season of talent hunt show "Indian Idol", but he turned them down.

"I thought I lacked the confidence to act at that time," he said.

So what made him sign "Lottery"?

"I met director Hemant Prabhu a year ago and he told me about the role. I was convinced since I felt the role was very close to my real self and it suited my nature.

"Initially, I thought it would be difficult to act, but gradually I grew as an actor and the outcome was surprising for all," he said.

Apart from "Lottery", he has a couple of other acting offers, but he hasn't finalised anything as yet.

Though he has taken his first steps into Bollywood, singing remains a passion for him.

He is currently a participant on STAR Plus' reality music show "Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar", where the winners and runners-up of previously held talent hunts across channels compete with one another.

But what made him want to compete with his colleagues again?

"I came to 'Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar' because it appeared as a challenge to me to compete with all of them once again ... And I also thought it would be a treat for the viewers," he quipped.

Abhijeet's upcoming projects as a singer include "Care of Footpath" and "Mumbai.com".

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Abhijeet Sawant set for image change with" in Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Almost Heaven

Groupbie

Almost Heaven

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:17am | IP Logged
thnx.

Mysterygirl_me

IF-Rockerz

Mysterygirl_me

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:19am | IP Logged
thankx lookin forward for his film !!! Smile

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 5:00am | IP Logged
it definitely is a treat a to watch him on TV again...thanx Abhi n INSHA ALLAH hope ur film proves to be a great success

simple320

Goldie

simple320

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 9:29am | IP Logged
i can't wait for the movie..but why aren't they setting a release date??..

iiHEARTyu-x0

IF-Rockerz

iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 9:43am | IP Logged

ahah good luck to him Big smile

looking forward to watchiing it!

Edited by cutiex0 - 05 July 2008 at 2:31pm

IndefiniteLOVE

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 10:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bidesh

Groupbie

bidesh

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 11:35am | IP Logged
thnx a lot for the info

Post Reply New Post

Go to top