Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 28 June 2008 at 9:43pm | IP Logged

i found this and thought it was pretty interesting... sorry if it's been posted before...

Book 5

On page 60 of the American edition of OOTP, just as they enter number twelve Grimmauld Place, it says "The other's hushed voices were giving Harry an odd feeling of foreboding; it was as though they had just entered the house of a dying man."

On Harry's first night at Grimmauld Place, the entire house sits down to dinner. In total, thirteen of them eat together. According to Trelawney in POA, when thirteen people dine together, the first one to rise is the first to die. No prizes for guessing who rises first here: "Sirius started to rise from his chair." NOTE: This is arguable as Ginny is not sitting at the table at the time, but she may be counted as "being" in the room and eating with the others, thus it can still count as foreshadowing.

Sirius' house is number twelve, Grimmauld place. The Grim is a sign that death is coming. -Thanks Kristin

When Fred and George were levitating dinner onto the table at 12 Grimmauld Place, they lost control of one of the knives. It dropped and embedded itself into the table right very near Sirius. This could be foreshadowing Sirius' death.

On page 462 of the UK version, it says "Harry had an unpleasant constricted sensation in his chest; he did not want to say goodbye to Sirius. He had a bad feeling about this parting; he didn't know when they would next see each other." This speaks for itself; the part about them never seeing each other again was true in the end.

A lot of people say that Sirius' Animagus form (big, black, shaggy dog) is uncannily similar to the Grim and so his death was coming from when we first met him in POA.

In Chapter 9, Sirius says, "It's a matter of time before Voldemort moves into the open; once he does, the whole Ministry's going to be begging us to forgive them. And I'm not sure I'll be accepting their apology." Why? Because he's dead by then. -Thanks LizzyBeth.

In Book 1, Chapter 15, when Hagrid, Harry and Hermione run into the Centaurs, Ronan makes the pronouncement, "Always the innocent are the first victims." Everyone thought Sirius was guilty, but he turned out to be innocent.

On page 477 of the American edition of OOTP, Sirius says, "This is how it is-- this is why you're not in the Order-- you don't understand -- there are things worth dying for!"

In St. Mungo's, when they are going to visit Mr. Weasley- 'They climbed a flight of stairs and entered the "Creature-Induced Injuries" corridor, where the second door on the right bore the words 'DANGEROUS' DAI LLEWELLYN WARD: SERIOUS BITES.' If you put these words on a sign, they would read:

Creature-Induced Injuries
Dangerous
Dai Llewellyn Ward
Serious Bites

Take the first word of each of these and what do you get get? Creature Dangerous Dai Serious? No - Kreacher dangerous, Die Sirius...

In the American book, the first page shows the book title and an illustration. There is a picture of Sirius' Animagus form leaving 12 Grimmauld place. It shows that Sirius would be leaving something; in this case, it was life. -Thanks Elz P

Page 20 of the UK edition: "The darkness pressed on his eyes like a weightless veil." This looks like foreshadowing to me! -Thanks Adam

Sirius tells Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him "Snuffles." To snuff it means to die, foreshadowing the death of Sirius.

On page 741 of the American version, about in the middle of the page, Kreacher says, "Master will not come back from the Department of Mysteries!" he said gleefully. "Kreacher and his Mistress are alone again!" He meant this literally. -Thanks Jess

On page 75 of the American version, Molly Weasley says: "The meeting's over, you can come down and have dinner now, everyone's dying to see you, Harry." This is very unlikely to be a death clue, but I thought I'd mention it all the same. -Thanks Sila

On page 773 of the American version: Harry goes up to the archway and the veil in the Department of Mysteries. He gets up to the archway and calls for Sirius, possibly foreshadowing Sirius's death by calling for him at the place of it. -Thanks Eli

• On page 717 of the UK edition, in the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort, it says, "Dumbledore was stood in front of the golden gates." The golden gates could be associated with heaven or the afterlife, hinting towards his death in Book 6. -Thanks Breanna
  • Book 6

On page 113 of the American edition, Narcissa Malfoy says: "I see that being Dumbledore's favorite has given you a false sense of security, Harry Potter. But Dumbledore won't always be there to protect you."

On page 166 of the American edition, Harry, Ron, and Hermione talk about Dumbledore's arm and Hermione says, "It looks dead."

On page 551 of the American edition, Dumbledore says to Harry: "If I tell you to leave me and save yourself, you will do as I tell you?"

On page 573 of the American edition, the following occurred:

Dumbledore drank [the potion], and no sooner had he finished than he yelled, "KILL ME!"

"This - this one will!" gasped Harry. "Just drink this . . . It'll be over . . . all over!"

On page 167 of the US edition:

"Well, there's one good thing," he said savagely. "Snape'll be gone by the end of the year."
      "What do you mean?" asked Ron.
      "That job's jinxed. No one's lasted more than a year .... Quirrell actually died doing it.... Personally, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for another death...."

As it turns out, it was a death that got Snape out of the job for next year (presumably, anyway). - Thanks, Amy.

On page 543 of the American version, Professor Trelawney gives a major clue about Dumbledore's death when she explains how she is foreseeing calamity and disaster:

"If Dumbledore chooses to ignore the warnings the cards show-" Her bony hand closed suddenly around Harry's wrist. "Again and again, no matter how I lay them out," and she pulled a card dramatically from underneath her shawls. "The lightning struck tower," she whispered. "Calamity. Disaster. Coming nearer all the time."

Seems as if another one of Trelawney's predictions was right. - Thanks, Chelsea

On page 549 of the US HBP, Harry yells at Dumbledore:
      "Haven't you noticed, Professor, how the people Snape hates tend to end up dead?"
      You could relate this to the fact that Snape later stares at Dumbledore "with revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face" before he kills him. This would suggest that Snape isn't actually working for the good side. - Thanks, Cristyn

On page 197 of HBP (US Edition) Dumbledore says, "I make mistakes just like the next man. In fact, being - forgive me - rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger."
      This could foreshadow the fact that Dumbledore's possible mistake in trusting Snape led to his death. - Thanks, Danielle

• One of the chapters in this book is entitled "Phoenix's Lament." A lament is "a cry of sorrow or grief", so obviously Fawkes would lament over Dumbledore.

Book 7

As Professor Trelawney tells us in Book 6, whenever 13 people gather, the first to leave the group will be the first to die. In chapter 5, 13 of the survivors of Voldemort's attack (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, Ginny, Hagrid, Tonks, and Lupin) all drink firewhiskey together. Lupin is both the first to finish his glass (he had "drained his glass in one") and the first to leave the gathering (to look for Mad-Eye's body). (pp 79 and 81, US edition) - Thanks, Meg!

James Potter (Prongs) was the first of the Marauders to die, followed by Sirius (Padfoot) in Order of the Phoenix. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs appear to be dying in reverse order, which is confirmed by the end of the book. - Thanks, Ryan!

When George lost his ear after Voldemort's attack, he lost something that was an important part of a pair to him. This could foreshadow the loss of his twin. - Thanks, Stephie!

Similarly, the Weasley twins are referred to as individuals throughout the book; when the trio hear 'Potterwatch' on the radio they immediately recognise that it is Fred, not George, who is on the show. The fact that they are seen not as a pair for perhaps the first time in the series could give a clue that only one of them will survive the final battle.

On page 328 of the American Edition, we find out that written on the Potters' gravestones is "The Last enemy that shall be destroyed is death". This is not strictly a death clue, although it does foreshadow the topic and its importance at the end of Deathly Hallows. - Thanks, Angela!

• Harry thinks that he "seemed set on course to become just as reckless a godfather to Teddy Lupin as Sirius Black had been to him" on page 418 of the UK Edition. This could foreshadow the deaths of Tonks and Lupin, as this would put their son, Teddy in the same situation, in regards to upbringing, as Harry found himself in. - Thanks, Agnieszka!
  • Courtesy: www.mugglenet.com

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Death clues... Book 5,6,7" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cezzurockz

IF-Dazzler

cezzurockz

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 2:19am | IP Logged
    wow this is gr8 i mean its an xtra knwledge for me thx alot chillt
    n the signs of death of sirius in book five is....tremendously incredible jk rowling is just gr8 man

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 4:14am | IP Logged
    yeah, it was amazing.... really cool! Big smile

diya_1987

diya_1987

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
    wow it was an interesting read

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
    WOW that was amazing...this just shows how etablished of a writer is JKR..I mean really Clap Clap Clap

Mini786

IF-Dazzler

Mini786

Posted: 29 June 2008 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
    Hmm..Some seemed a bit confusing...but some hit it right! Really cool! Thanxx :]

tukz_REmix

IF-Rockerz

tukz_REmix

Posted: 30 June 2008 at 2:44am | IP Logged
    Originally posted by chhilt

i found this and thought it was pretty interesting... sorry if it's been posted before...

Book 5

On page 60 of the American edition of OOTP, just as they enter number twelve Grimmauld Place, it says "The other's hushed voices were giving Harry an odd feeling of foreboding; it was as though they had just entered the house of a dying man."Clap

On Harry's first night at Grimmauld Place, the entire house sits down to dinner. In total, thirteen of them eat together. According to Trelawney in POA, when thirteen people dine together, the first one to rise is the first to die. No prizes for guessing who rises first here: "Sirius started to rise from his chair." NOTE: This is arguable as Ginny is not sitting at the table at the time, but she may be counted as "being" in the room and eating with the others, thus it can still count as foreshadowing.
    hatss off to d prsn hu observed disClapClap
    Sirius' house is number twelve, Grimmauld place. The Grim is a sign that death is coming. -Thanks Kristin
    no dis is no so good.....cuz it has been grimmauld place since it ws built....
    When Fred and George were levitating dinner onto the table at 12 Grimmauld Place, they lost control of one of the knives. It dropped and embedded itself into the table right very near Sirius. This could be foreshadowing Sirius' death.
    agn gud observationClap
  • On page 462 of the UK version, it says "Harry had an unpleasant constricted sensation in his chest; he did not want to say goodbye to Sirius. He had a bad feeling about this parting; he didn't know when they would next see each other." This speaks for itself; the part about them never seeing each other again was true in the end.
  • dis 1 is quite noticable...i noticed dis too

• A lot of people say that Sirius' Animagus form (big, black, shaggy dog) is uncannily similar to the Grim and so his death was coming from when we first met him in POA.
  • dis is agn no poitn...cuz sirius had been turnin into dat dog since he was a teenage boy....death cnat b apporachin 4 sooo long..

In Chapter 9, Sirius says, "It's a matter of time before Voldemort moves into the open; once he does, the whole Ministry's going to be begging us to forgive them. And I'm not sure I'll be accepting their apology." Why? Because he's dead by then. -Thanks LizzyBeth.
    nah...i thnk he jst sed dat in temper
  • In Book 1, Chapter 15, when Hagrid, Harry and Hermione run into the Centaurs, Ronan makes the pronouncement, "Always the innocent are the first victims." Everyone thought Sirius was guilty, but he turned out to be innocent.

vry gud obsevationClapClap
  •  

• On page 477 of the American edition of OOTP, Sirius says, "This is how it is-- this is why you're not in the Order-- you don't understand -- there are Ouch
    i dint understnd dis 1
  •  

In St. Mungo's, when they are going to visit Mr. Weasley- 'They climbed a flight of stairs and entered the "Creature-Induced Injuries" corridor, where the second door on the right bore the words 'DANGEROUS' DAI LLEWELLYN WARD: SERIOUS BITES.' If you put these words on a sign, they would read:

Creature-Induced Injuries
    Dangerous
    Dai Llewellyn Ward
    Serious Bites

Take the first word of each of these and what do you get get? Creature Dangerous Dai Serious? No - Kreacher dangerous, Die Sirius...
    SUPERB OBSERVATION!!!!Clap
    In the American book, the first page shows the book title and an illustration. There is a picture of Sirius' Animagus form leaving 12 Grimmauld place. It shows that Sirius would be leaving something; in this case, it was life. -Thanks Elz P
    gud point
    Page 20 of the UK edition: "The darkness pressed on his eyes like a weightless veil." This looks like foreshadowing to me! -Thanks Adam
    plz xplain dis 2 me sum1
    Sirius tells Harry, Ron and Hermione to call him "Snuffles." To snuff it means to die, foreshadowing the death of Sirius.

On page 741 of the American version, about in the middle of the page, Kreacher says, "Master will not come back from the Department of Mysteries!" he said gleefully. "Kreacher and his Mistress are alone again!" He meant this literally. -Thanks Jess

On page 75 of the American version, Molly Weasley says: "The meeting's over, you can come down and have dinner now, everyone's dying to see you, Harry." This is very unlikely to be a death clue, but I thought I'd mention it all the same. -Thanks Sila
    i dont thnk its got nethn 2 do wid ne1's death?Confused
    On page 773 of the American version: Harry goes up to the archway and the veil in the Department of Mysteries. He gets up to the archway and calls for Sirius, possibly foreshadowing Sirius's death by calling for him at the place of it. -Thanks Eli

• On page 717 of the UK edition, in the battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort, it says, "Dumbledore was stood in front of the golden gates." The golden gates could be associated with heaven or the afterlife, hinting towards his death in Book 6. -Thanks Breanna
  • hm may b

Book 6

• On page 113 of the American edition, Narcissa Malfoy says: "I see that being Dumbledore's favorite has given you a false sense of security, Harry Potter. But Dumbledore won't always be there to protect you."

arrey dis is so simple.....she knew DD wud b dead by d end of dat yr...n exactly dats y she sed dose wrds...its so ismple...

On page 166 of the American edition, Harry, Ron, and Hermione talk about Dumbledore's arm and Hermione says, "It looks dead."
      ya it was deadConfused
      On page 551 of the American edition, Dumbledore says to Harry: "If I tell you to leave me and save yourself, you will do as I tell you?"
      Confused
      On page 573 of the American edition, the following occurred:

Dumbledore drank [the potion], and no sooner had he finished than he yelled, "KILL ME!"

"This - this one will!" gasped Harry. "Just drink this . . . It'll be over . . . all over!"

Confused On page 167 of the US edition:

"Well, there's one good thing," he said savagely. "Snape'll be gone by the end of the year."
      "What do you mean?" asked Ron.
      "That job's jinxed. No one's lasted more than a year .... Quirrell actually died doing it.... Personally, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for another death...."

As it turns out, it was a death that got Snape out of the job for next year (presumably, anyway). - Thanks, Amy. Confused

On page 543 of the American version, Professor Trelawney gives a major clue about Dumbledore's death when she explains how she is foreseeing calamity and disaster:

"If Dumbledore chooses to ignore the warnings the cards show-" Her bony hand closed suddenly around Harry's wrist. "Again and again, no matter how I lay them out," and she pulled a card dramatically from underneath her shawls. "The lightning struck tower," she whispered. "Calamity. Disaster. Coming nearer all the time."

Seems as if another one of Trelawney's predictions was right. - Thanks, Chelsea
      she often made correct predictions no doubt....she did abt voldy risin n pettirew joinin him
      On page 549 of the US HBP, Harry yells at Dumbledore:
      "Haven't you noticed, Professor, how the people Snape hates tend to end up dead?"
      You could relate this to the fact that Snape later stares at Dumbledore "with revulsion and hatred etched in the harsh lines of his face" before he kills him. This would suggest that Snape isn't actually working for the good side. - Thanks, Cristyn I dont blive dis......

On page 197 of HBP (US Edition) Dumbledore says, "I make mistakes just like the next man. In fact, being - forgive me - rather cleverer than most men, my mistakes tend to be correspondingly huger."
      This could foreshadow the fact that Dumbledore's possible mistake in trusting Snape led to his death. - Thanks, Danielle I dont blive dis......

• One of the chapters in this book is entitled "Phoenix's Lament." A lament is "a cry of sorrow or grief", so obviously Fawkes would lament over Dumbledore. ....ya dats wat is ritten or rather pointed in d book tooConfused

Book 7

As Professor Trelawney tells us in Book 6, whenever 13 people gather, the first to leave the group will be the first to die. In chapter 5, 13 of the survivors of Voldemort's attack (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Fred, George, Bill, Fleur, Ginny, Hagrid, Tonks, and Lupin) all drink firewhiskey together. Lupin is both the first to finish his glass (he had "drained his glass in one") and the first to leave the gathering (to look for Mad-Eye's body). (pp 79 and 81, US edition) - Thanks, Meg!
    ClapClapClap
    James Potter (Prongs) was the first of the Marauders to die, followed by Sirius (Padfoot) in Order of the Phoenix. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs appear to be dying in reverse order, which is confirmed by the end of the book. - Thanks, Ryan!

Confused When George lost his ear after Voldemort's attack, he lost something that was an important part of a pair to him. This could foreshadow the loss of his twin. - Thanks, Stephie!Clap

Similarly, the Weasley twins are referred to as individuals throughout the book; when the trio hear 'Potterwatch' on the radio they immediately recognise that it is Fred, not George, who is on the show. The fact that they are seen not as a pair for perhaps the first time in the series could give a clue that only one of them will survive the final battle.dis 1 srsly touched me......briliant observation i wud say

On page 328 of the American Edition, we find out that written on the Potters' gravestones is "The Last enemy that shall be destroyed is death". This is not strictly a death clue, although it does foreshadow the topic and its importance at the end of Deathly Hallows. - Thanks, Angela!
    ofcourse it dus
    Confused
    Harry thinks that he "seemed set on course to become just as reckless a godfather to Teddy Lupin as Sirius Black had been to him" on page 418 of the UK Edition. This could foreshadow the deaths of Tonks and Lupin, as this would put their son, Teddy in the same situation, in regards to upbringing, as Harry found himself in. - Thanks, Agnieszka! agn wonderful observation...
  • hats off 2 d prsns hu observed dese
  • Courtesy: www.mugglenet.com

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 30 June 2008 at 3:59am | IP Logged
    lol.... i didn't understand the veil one either... but about this one On page 477 of the American edition of OOTP, Sirius says, "This is how it is-- this is why you're not in the Order-- you don't understand -- there are things worth dying for!"

i think that in the whole book sirius was the only one who said that something was worth dying for... and again he was the only one who died... i know this probably doesn't make any sense but it's the best i can do.... i'm having a hard time explaining it to you.... sorry... Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top