rishimukha parvat???

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

hello friends

i was wondering if you cud help me in this  query

yday episode trijata tells sita that rishimukha parvat is in south direction so is lanka means ram is heading towards south only

i asked google uncle abt rishimukh parvat location and it gives me some place in jharkhand

now jharkhand is in north area

i was lookin for the directions which ram took for vanvas and he started from north ayodhya moved towards southwest meeting ppl finally reaching panchvati which is in nasik in maharashtra

from there he was headed south based on jatayu direction

so where does rishimukha parvat comes in now

i know i m also going in circles but someone here would have more clues

p.s this is my first independent post in ramayan section 😆 ðŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

secretz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
If you see closely he is heading towards the parvat.Jharkhand is a bit in south direction if you see closely.So may be earlier From the current Jharkhand to the extreme south meant southern India.I wonder how people could walk so much in those days.But one advantage kisi ko diabetes nahin hota tha due to excessive walking. 😆 😃
_rajnish_ thumbnail
no the rishimukh parvat is in south near city vijaynagar in karnataka. it is in south bank on tungabhadra river.The city was built around the original religious center of the Virupaksha temple at Hampi. Other holy places lie within its extents, including the site of what is said to be Kishkinda where Hanuman temple, cave home of Anjani, Kesari and Shabari, a holy pond called as 'Pampasarovar' all lie in this area. it is in northern karnataka. the pic of sugreev cave posted in one of the thread is from rishimukh parvat.
    there is a rishimukh parvat in jharkhand also but it was not in which is mentioned in ramayana. there is a pound near that which is called pampad( see similarity with pampasarovar) the confusion arose from this. but we all know well real rishimukh parvat is situated in south 😊
chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajnish_here

no the rishimukh parvat is in south near city vijaynagar in karnataka. it is in south bank on tungabhadra river.The city was built around the original religious center of the Virupaksha temple at Hampi. Other holy places lie within its extents, including the site of what is said to be Kishkinda where Hanuman temple, cave home of Anjani, Kesari and Shabari, a holy pond called as 'Pampasarovar' all lie in this area. it is in northern karnataka. the pic of sugreev cave posted in one of the thread is from rishimukh parvat.
    there is a rishimukh parvat in jharkhand also but it was not in which is mentioned in ramayana. there is a pound near that which is called pampad( see similarity with pampasarovar) the confusion arose from this. but we all know well real rishimukh parvat is situated in south 😊

ohho thanks rajnish u got it right i guess

what google uncle told me was same which u told just now

pampad pond in jharkhand

i didnt know there is area in south too of almost same name

looks like google uncle doesnt know much

doing search it gave me location of jharkhand in north

thas why i was wondering why they r going in circles when they shud be headed towards south to lanka

btw secretz thanks for ur answer too and i liked what u said in end

ppl walked so much no diabetes

ehheheeh

thanks rajnish

i have a feeling our mod uncle wud close this topic now 😕

rupalip thumbnail
thanks rajnish.  I wonder how they  managed  walk so long, its really difficult to live like this in rainy and winter season. chalo for Ramji n laxmanji bala n atibala worked , think of sitaji..... 
Edited by rupalip - 15 years ago
_rajnish_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: rupalip

thanks rajnish.  I wonder how they  managed  walk so long, its really difficult to live like this in rainy and winter season. chalo for Ramji n laxmanji bala n atibala worked , think of sitaji..... 

yah rupali. i know these areas couz i am also living near hills & forest of karnataka. in rainy season we fear of going far in jungles because there is so many snakes. some of them even fall from tree near road while u r driving ur bike. in dark the area becomes very scary. different kinds of insect are here and there. some of them are very harmful. i wonder how ramji managed to live in these areas in those time.
Shruti11 thumbnail
Originally posted by: rajnish_here

ya rajnish is right
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks a bunch rajnish for the info !!! 😛
_rajnish_ thumbnail
u r welcome sita di and shruti 😊