Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Dino Morea speaks on 'Rakht'

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 30 August 2004 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
"I got violent with Bipasha and Neha" - Dino Morea

By IndiaFM News Bureau, August 31st, 2004 - 0930 hrs IST

"I got violent with Bipasha and Neha" - Dino From Raaz to Sssshh…the Dino has excelled himself with each passing film. Flagging his career with the love candy Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi, this Italian import is now ready with the terror tease this month, Rakht.

In an interview with IndiaFM, the dimpled dude chats about Rakht, in which he plays a hotheaded character. The hunk insists that the flick is going to scare your senses for sure.

What is your character in Rakht?
My character is that of a volatile, short-fused guy. He is a short-tempered person who loses his cool without any specific reason.

How did it feel to be a part of a mammoth multi-starrer?
Like you said, Rakht has a huge starcast. There's Sanjay, Suniel, Bipasha, Amrita and Neha. With so many characters, there is a constant urge to push yourself and do better. With a strong role from Mahesh, I think I have a really good job in the film.

How was it like to work with your director Mahesh Manjrekar for the first time?
It was great fun. Mahesh being an actor-director knew exactly what he wanted. The moods, expressions and lines everything was crystal-clear with him. That made my job easy.

What do think about the title, Rakht?
Being a murder mystery, I think the title complements the subject completely. [Laughs] Besides, I have to admit, the film does have a lot of blood.

The music is doing pretty well. Which is personal favorite?
The film has a bouquet of singers. And hence the album has a variety in item number, peppy track as well as a soft sensuous number. And yes, the music sales for album are pretty impressive too. My pick would have to be the Amrita Arora track, 'Quiero…' I also like 'One Luv'.

Which is the track that's been picturised on you?
Ishq bedardi is the number picturised on me, but I am not too fond of it.

An experience that has stayed with you…
My first shooting schedule was in Ooty and it was an action sequence with Bipasha and Neha. So as to not hurt anyone, I was gentle with the shot, but the product looked unconvincing. So the girls asked me to simply go ahead and assured that they would take care of themselves.

And I don't know what got into me, because what I know next is that I have thrown the women all over the place. So, that was an experience that I am sure going to remember for some time to come.

What would you term the USP of the film?
I think the combination of a sparkling starcast, superb songs and screams is the USP of Rakht. I also see shades of Raaz in it. Hope this does business even better than Raaz.

Any special look that has been designed for your character?
I tried braids for my hair, which I think gelled well my weirdo character. But Mahesh didn't agree to it. So you now see me wear a monkey cap throughout the film.

Forthcoming films…
Chehraa with Bipasha and Irfan. Gumnaam directed by first timer Neeraj Pathak and there is also Kabhi Bhi Kahin Bhi with Dia [Mirza]. Of the three, I believe Chehraa has shaped up extremely well.

More on Rakht

anjuman Senior Member
anjuman
anjuman

Posted: 31 August 2004 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
thanks KanchiBig smile
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top