Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii)

If Only || AM FF *updated 28 Sep! Ch links on pg.1 (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 22

Mehar23

IF-Dazzler

Mehar23

Posted: 23 June 2008 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
i just read chapter 4 and 5 and what can i say its just brilliant i really love this ff every chapter i read it gets more interesting and i just feel like reading more and more and you are like one of the fastest updaters plz continue soon i cannot wait for the next chapter

love
mehar Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If Only || AM FF *updated 28 Sep! Ch links on pg.1 (Page 6)" in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki (Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sadizzle

Goldie

sadizzle

Posted: 23 June 2008 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
OMG can NOT wait for ch.6!!
Adi and mets' in an elevator..alone.. Day Dreaming

*mittu*

Goldie

*mittu*

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Arti, just read all the parts. Its a fabulous fanfic. I loved Adi and mets encounter Embarrassed . Excellent writing Clap Clap Clap .
How I wish they bring back Adi, Mets and Suyesh Mehra back in KGGK. I wont even mind if they show that Om is an imposter. Om is boring.. Suyesh Mehra was stylish. Guess that is not going to happen. We will have to be happy with the fanfics.
Can't wait for the next instalment. Please continue soon Smile ..

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:14am | IP Logged
samhita, shaz, amina, mehar, sadizzle, mittu
THANK you so much! Hope you continue reading this FF and that it entertains you. Smile

Don't worry guys, Shruti and Maithili are back as a team in the next chapter I'm going to post in a few minutes.. Embarrassed

@mittu
I AGREE! Suyah was stylish.. and he was suave, too, or maybe I just liked him because he's Adi's grandfather! Embarrassed
I can't stand stupid OM. I laughed when you said Om is boring because I just wrote that in a new chapter.. not chapter 6 but in chapter 7 which I haven't finished yet!

Everyone, please be a little patient with me. I know the next chapter is short and boring but I'm writing some new stuff that comes up after that I think you guys will like! Big smile

--aarti

Edited by --arti-- - 24 June 2008 at 8:27am

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:15am | IP Logged
CHAPTER 6
Reconciliation

"Whoa! What the hell…," wondered Adi as some crazy woman entered the elevator in a rush, lost her balance and collided with him. She fell to the floor, taking him down with her in the next few seconds. He searched for her face angrily, wondering who could be this clumsy. His eyes found her face and rested on them.

From the shock of the fall and the dizziness of fast-moving elevator, Maithili's eyes were tightly shut after the fall. She had no idea that it was Adi's body that was on top of hers. In the moment that it took for her to open her eyes, Adi's anger dissipated and his eyes sympathetically savoured her vulnerability as she lay beneath him. She had been crying. Her reddened cheeks were moist. A pang of guilt struck him. He had done this to her, he berated himself. He thought he saw a mild throb in her wet cheeks for a split second, but it had disappeared. Without even thinking about it, he brought his hands to her face and his fingers almost brushed against those soft cheeks. What would happen if he touched her now? Would that old magic return? Will he feel that old spark between the both of them which he thought had safely disappeared from his life?

Maithili opened her eyes to see none other than Aditya Mehra on top of her and with his fingers so close to her face. She saw something in his eyes that she didn't recognize, but in any case, she was still furious with him.
"Get off me, Adi!" she ordered.
When Maithili uttered his name as Adi, he heard the sense of ownership she took when she said it. He felt so close to her at that moment, literally and otherwise.
"I'm…sorry," he stuttered as he got up, forgetting that it was her who clumsily fell on him in the first place! All that mattered to him now was that he had made her so upset. He tried to help her pick up her papers, but she shoved off his arm. The elevator came to a stop and Maithili rushed out, even more upset that Adi had seen her crying in humiliation. Adi followed her.

"Wait!" he yelled after her, catching up with her. "Don't do this."
"Do what? If you mean you want me to let go of the case, you can forget it."
"Listen, forget about the case for a minute. I mean don't run away right now, Maithili," he said. He had begun that sentence loudly but got to a really soft tone when he said her name.
Maithili stared at him. He had said her name with a tenderness that she didn't know he was capable of. She had managed to stop most of her tears of anger by now, but a few drops still fell involuntarily, as if to remind her of her humiliation.
"You're… crying," Adi softly said.
"Well I suppose you thought I'd be laughing with joy after what you put me through back there."
"I'm sorry. I… really shouldn't have spoken that way. I-I just don't know what came over me. I wouldn't have gotten that angry with someone else, so I don't know why when I saw that it was you I got so…" he trailed off, unable to complete his thought.

He thought of telling her that he had been angry since the day she left India without saying goodbye to him. That he had only forgotten about that anger and that pain, it had still been there deep down until he just screamed at her. Memory is a trickster, Maithili, he thought to himself. He thought of telling her that he had seen her some days ago in this area. That he was surprised when Tanu told him she worked here… and that he had no idea she was so close all along while he had been desperately lost in her thoughts since the day he noticed her. But he couldn't tell her all this. The words wouldn't come, and it wouldn't make sense anyway. And on top of it all, he was aware that he had just been thoroughly out of line with her back in the office.

She breathed impatiently, and he sensed that she was uncomfortable. He blurted out the only thing that he thought would make her feel better at that moment.
"Look, you should go ahead with the case if it's important to you. In fact, I'll talk to Mamma and make sure you can remain in SAG."
"Stop it, Adi," she said in an angry and curt tone. "I don't need your permission to do the case, nor do I need you to get me my position back in a place where I have to deal with people like you. I was a lawyer before I came to SAG and will continue to practice even after leaving here," she said and quickened her pace.
"Okay, stop walking for a second. Can we please sit down and talk about this? Can I extend some 'professional courtesy' to you to make up for what I did back there?" he said, slightly humourously.
It was no use.
"No, it's too late."
"Maithili, come on," he pleaded.
She paused. Maithili was struck by the sincerity he heard in her voice. She stared at his face, feeling confused. But she couldn't trust him. Not now.
"If you think you can charm your way out of this case, then you're sorely mistaken. I'll see you in court, Mr. Mehra."

Adi sighed with frustration. He watched her walk away, determined to not give him a chance. He wanted to run after her and apologize again and again until she believed him. He wanted to brush off those tears of hurt from her cheeks, and he really wanted to make sure she was okay. But he just stood there, knowing she wouldn't budge, and knowing that there's nothing he could do right now.

It had been two weeks since the incident at SAG. As it turned out, a neglected old policy at Prism had created some problems for a sector of workers, and without Adi really getting to know about it, this issue had fallen through the cracks. Shruti had gotten involved with the case and resolved it so that it didn't need to go to court at all. It just had to clear an arbitration process where the lawyer has to sit down with the employer and work out the policy problems over a time of 2-3 weeks.

Shruti knew that Maithili had made a mistake, but felt bad because she also knew Maithili was new to law in India. Shruti decided to visit Maithili at her house.

"Um…Ma'am? Please come in." Maithili was surprised to find Shruti here.
"Thanks, Maithili." Shruti looked about. "Is Kamal ji also home?"
"Uh…Papa is away on a business trip."
"Oh I see. I just came by to talk to you about something," Shruti said as they both entered the living room and Maithili directed her towards the couch.
Shruti began to elaborate on the complications of the Indian legal system to Maithili. Shruti explained to her that one can't just file lawsuits at the drop of a hat in a country where stacks and stacks of legal cases stood as pending for years, sometimes decades. Shruti made it clear that this had nothing to do with the fact that Prism was her son's company, but that it was a general rule of thumb to follow. Maithili began to understand the situation better, and realized that she had initially acted in haste. Nevertheless, Adi had still been out of line with her.

"Maithili, I know what you are thinking. Regardless of all of this, my son should not have acted that way with you, and I want to apologize on his behalf. You know, I have never seen him quite that angry. I guess it's just that he has really been working very hard on Prism. And that morning, it turns out that he had lost some important clients because of some rumours about the lawsuit. These kinds of things get blown up into very big issues. That's another reason to tread cautiously."
"You're right, Ma'am, and please, you don't need to apologize on his behalf. Aap mujhe sharminda mat kijye."
"Maithili, chahe koi bhi ho, I don't think it's right to speak like that in a professional environment."
Maithili nodded faintly. Of course she was still angry with Adi, but she didn't want to show that in front of Shruti, who was being so kind and patient with her.
"Maithili, there's something I need to tell you. When I first saw you, I felt like you reminded me of someone but I wasn't sure who. In the past couple of weeks, I have realized that you remind me of me -- of the younger Shruti Mehra. You have the same passion and conviction that I did. My hope is that you will go far, beta, and achieve a lot more than I have."
Saying this, Shruti reached towards Maithili and touched her shoulder lightly. Maithili felt embarrassed for having resigned in haste. She was moved by Shruti's words. Shruti and Maithili had been sharing such a good bond that Maithili shouldn't have taken out her anger with Adi on Shruti Ma'am. Maithili apologized to Shruti and thanked her for the job offer, and promised that she would be back on the job. She also told Shruti that she would see through this arbitration process with Aditya Mehra no matter how bitter their personal history was.
"I'm proud of you," Shruti said as she looked affectionately at Maithili. Letting her guard down a little bit, Maithili warmly reached towards Shruti for a hug and they both shared a friendly and affectionate embrace.

Maithili waved at Shruti, whose car was now exiting the front gate. As soon as Shruti was out of view, Maithili started to feel a bit nervous again and as she stood staring at the gate, she worriedly drew in a deep breath.
"I just want to get through this arbitration soon, and then things can be back to normal…" Maithili sighed.

Edited by --arti-- - 17 July 2008 at 8:29pm

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 8:54am | IP Logged
Hi guys, I am going to introduce a new character in the next couple of chapters (probably in chapter 8).

Her name will be Kajal, and she will be entering as Adi's ex-girlfriend. A few hints: she will be negative towards Maithili, but not as unrealistically negative as she was in the show. But to be honest, I haven't figured out the contours of her character yet, so it still has to take shape!

I'm including her character in the character list on the front page!

Oh and surprise, surprise, this is what she looks like:

-arti

Edited by --arti-- - 23 July 2008 at 5:26pm

sadizzle

Goldie

sadizzle

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:17am | IP Logged
nice updated!!
OMG Adi is sooooo sweet! Day Dreaming **lucky mets'** LOL

I disagree..this chapter was really really cute!..NOT boring!! Embarrassed

Thanx for updating so quick!! keep it up!

Alwayz reading!

tsamhita

IF-Dazzler

tsamhita

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:26am | IP Logged
hehe love the chapter arti Embarrassed aww! adi was being so sweet Embarrassed Embarrassed lekin maihtili is really ziddi! Ouch LOL LOL well, hope this arbitration goes well Wink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top