Sports/Cricket

The T20-Test Debate!

Poll Question: Do you think that Twenty20 will lead to the decline of Test Cricket?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [14.29%]
6 [85.71%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 20 June 2008 at 8:20am | IP Logged

This debate has been going on and now it has just begun in India-Forums.Smile

The question is quite simple.

Do you think that the popularity of T20 will lead to the decline of Test Cricket? Why?

Its a 3 marks question so give long but brief answers!LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

*Fiza*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The T20-Test Debate!" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

farisss4

IF-Dazzler

farisss4

Posted: 21 June 2008 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Its a 3 marks question so give long but brief answers!.... LOL LOL LOL

hmmm not to test ricket yaar..but def will affect the odis cricket if acc 2 me..cze most of dem r concentrating only on 20-20 know adayzzz...

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 21 June 2008 at 3:47pm | IP Logged
Long but brief? Now those aren't words you hear together very often Tongue
Test cricket goes on for days on end and quite frankly, I find it very boring. Not to say that I don't root for India, ofcourse I do but test is just way too long for my liking, thats all! Confused LOL
When people can watch a match full of entertainment within a few hrs, why spend days watching a slow and boring test match? Ouch

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Long but brief? Now those aren't words you hear together very often Tongue
Test cricket goes on for days on end and quite frankly, I find it very boring. Not to say that I don't root for India, ofcourse I do but test is just way too long for my liking, thats all! Confused LOL
When people can watch a match full of entertainment within a few hrs, why spend days watching a slow and boring test match? Ouch

You have a point! But experts say that real good players can be found out through Test Matches! But yeah, I kinda agree! In this fast paced world, who has the time to sit 4-5 days to watch 1 innings!!Smile
But yet, Test matches are important I guess...!

Leo

IF-Dazzler

Leo

Posted: 22 June 2008 at 1:15pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by farisss4

Its a 3 marks question so give long but brief answers!.... LOL LOL LOL

hmmm not to test ricket yaar..but def will affect the odis cricket if acc 2 me..cze most of dem r concentrating only on 20-20 know adayzzz...

I give you a 1 and a half marks for your answer!! It was short!LOL

sim_indian

IF-Dazzler

sim_indian

Posted: 23 June 2008 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
i guess..if u think about it really..people would rather sit for a coulpe of hours then days..
for sure, test cricket has been real cricket, and no doubt it can't be replaced..but T20 is what the audience is looking for..more excitement..a fast paced game..and likely more views..i think this is the reason why the IPL was successful

Shikhoo

IF-Rockerz

Shikhoo

Posted: 08 July 2008 at 9:41am | IP Logged
becoz it's not popula at all----test cricket.... Confused

only cricket player watch them......
no comman man waste his or her time in them........

how cud t20 can be dangerous to an un popular form of cricket........

Post Reply New Post

Go to top