This is funny- I FOUND THIS ON KSBKBT

veena thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
balaji

A couple of months ago, Mihir Virani died. A couple of weeks ago, he came back. So, the couple in Gujarat who presumably got a mild heart attack recuperated.. unlike me. I still-feel-like-inserting-my-thumbs-through-my-ears-and-rubb ing-my-eyes-from-within' when I watch these serials. Below is an indepth analysis of the way Ms Ekta Kapoor organises her disorganised soaps -
1.Conception
Ekta consults her astrologer Kantaben Kiraani who stays at Kalaanagar in Kandivli. Sipping some kaala khatta and munching some hot kachoris and khandvis, Kantaben suggests some names all starting with 'k' of course (and Madam Ekta converts some old Gujarati film into a serial).
2.Mix & Match Cast
It works. The protagonist of "Kabhi Kaamwali, Kabhi Kachrewaali" becomes the vamp in "Kkamala" while the hero is killed off in "Kahani Gutter Gutter kii" only to be reborn as a new love interest in "Kahin Kisi Kuttey Ka Katl" The ones who shout "Hey Gajanan, trahimaa, trahimaa" in the most depressing manner in Ramanand Sagar serials sum up your supporting cast.
3.Characterisation
Choose surnames from the directory of Gujarat Seva Samiti. Dadi maa and Dadaji HAVE to be in all the serials. Dadaji should wear spectacles (that are at least 4 decades old) and sit in the library. Dadima should stick to the tulsi plant and Maaji is the supervisor. Babuji should read Economic Times no matter how old it is and sip some non-existent tea from ceramic cups. Elder son should wear a crimson kurta at night and keep smiling at everyone like a 5-year old does on receiving gifts at his birthday.

Younger brother should follow bade bhaiyya's footsteps and smile like a friend of that 5-year old who gives him Natraj pencil and an Apsara eraser as return gifts. The youngest son has to be a collegian who is studying medicine - his table should have books by T.S. Eliot and J.M. Keynes. Elder Bahu has to have a pallu over her head all the time as if she's balding. Younger Bahu has to be more wicked than Jaya Jaitley. The kids are for namesake and should be shown at festivals and parties only.
4.Dress Code
'Arrarraaraa Tarang' and 'Wah Parag kya saree hai' for femme fatales. Men should wear kurtas at home and cobalt blue shirt and black/ brown coats for office. Kid brother should wear body-hugging tees however hot it is. Hair gel for kid bro and Dabur brahmi aamla kesh tel for women is an absolute necessity. SNDT should start a new 2-year course on bindi designing. Bigger the bindi, more vital is the character.
5.Occupation
Business family with one project and an undelivered consignment which is a matter more grave than what the Y2K problem was. Mobile shaped compass boxes are to be used for cellular phones. Files should be empty and the walls coloured blue or green.28pens in the penstand despite which, boss uses secretary's pen.
6.Set and Props
One studio, different serials, different names, different places. The drawing room becomes a hospital ward, the kitchen can be converted into a hotel,

the bedroom becomes the court...Red walls in at least one room. Wrought iron furniture is a must.
7.Festivals & Other Occasions
Spend 4 episodes each on preparation of the festival, the actual fest and the hangover. Impregnate the heroine, enjoy 15 episodes of her tasting imlis, visiting the gynaecologist, 18 more to brainstorm that she is preggers, 10 more for the godbharaai function and 5 are the minimum number of episodes required for the labour pain and miscarriage. Repeat this with another character after a span of 2 months.
8.Music & Dialogue
Lost the Saregama quarter finals, never mind. Sing for Ekta's serials and have distinct cliched aalaaps with vexing verses that go well with the title song.
Dialogues are to be repeated by various characters in several episodes. Sample this:
A says: "Payal ne aisa kyon kiya?"
B says: "Pata nahi Payal kya chahti hai?"
C says : "Payal ki kya chaal ho sakti hai?"
D says: "Payal ne kyon aisa kiya hoga?"
E says: "Kyon kiya Payal ne aise?"
That's it friends, now if this is how one can mint money JAM is also stepping into T.V. serial production. Our first venture is called "Kyunki kachre ke Dibbey Mein Kachraa Tha...."

Standing Left to Right : Wicked Bahu, Majle Bhaiyya, Babuji, Maaji, 'I'm Back Beta', Ladla Beta, Prospective Bahu
Sitting Left to Right: Daddu, Dadiamma, Colgate Bahu with khandan ka chirag on lap

Writer & Model : Gautam Hegde

Ekta Ka Sahara

Edited by veena - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Thanks its funny how the world knows Ekta mai wat a shameπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

No offence to anyone

rupika182 thumbnail
wow really funny article, thanx for postingπŸ˜†.
moondownstars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
NO COMENTSSSSS
angadrox thumbnail
πŸ˜† dat is soooo true ...espically da repeatin dialogues

angadrox
urmajesty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
πŸ˜† That was a good one...Thanks Veena
oh my god that's kekta for u, couldn't expect more from her
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Lmao too Gud Veena! Thanks so much!
Naina_Manam thumbnail
πŸ˜† THanks for sharing!
sowmyaa thumbnail
tooo good.... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ thank God there are plp out there who are aware of kekta hathoda.. 😑