India-Forums

Important Headllines In Tamil Cinema:Weds

pokkiri26 Goldie
pokkiri26
pokkiri26

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:46am | IP Logged
A. R. Rahman begins composing for 'Robot'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, June 18, 2008]

A. R. Rahman has begun  composing songs for the Rajini starrer 'Robot'.

Sources close to the music composer say that work has already begun in earnest as director Shankar is keen to start filming this August.

The director is on a location hunting spree while Rahman is busy composing the tunes. With Rajinikanth having completed the shooting for 'Kuselan', it looks certain that 'Robot' will begin this August.

'Robot', produced by Ayngaran International, will have Aishwarya Rai playing the heroine. The mega-budget movie will be shot in various locations across the globe.

Edited by Kutty Simba - 18 June 2008 at 7:13am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanamellisaikadhambari

pokkiri26 Goldie
pokkiri26
pokkiri26

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:46am | IP Logged
Watch out for 'TN 07 AL 4777'

'TN O7 AL 4777' has been recently flagged off and it is a remake of the Hindi film starring Nana Patekar Taxi No 9211.

Stills from the Press Meet

Directed by Lakshmikanthan, a former associate of Jeeva, the movie features Pasupathi, Simran, 'Anjathey' Ajmal and 'Karuppasamy Kuthagaikarar' Meenakshi playing pivotal roles.

According to the director, 'the title is inspired by the car number of the former Tamilnadu Chief Minister and an icon of Tamil cinema, MGR. Interestingly, the car is kept at the T. Nagar residence of MGR even today'.

'It will not be a complete remake and we have made enough changes in the script to suit the Tamil audiences', he added.

'We are great fans of MGR. We have opted for the title after the legendary actor's car number. Even our car numbers are the same', said the producers Usha Venkatramani and Mahadevan Ganesh of GV Films.

Pasupathi said, 'it's a character I wished I could do even when I watched the original. Nana Patekar had played his part exceedingly well. Hope I match up to his skills'.

Simran is making her comeback with a powerful role, while Ajmal dons the character enacted by John Abraham.

Said Meenakashi, "After 'Karuppasamy Kuthagaitharar', I had several offers coming my way. But I was choosy and keen on picking the right roles. This movie promises a lot of scope for me and I decided to grab it immediately".

Interestingly Meenakshi plays a character with negative shades towards the end.

pokkiri26 Goldie
pokkiri26
pokkiri26

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:49am | IP Logged
Happy birthday Kajal Agarwal

Kajal Agarwal Gallery

Gorgeous Kajal Agarwal is a name most teenagers in South India identify with.

The young and beautiful actress, who is celebrating her birthday today, is fast becoming a hot property in South India. 

Her maiden venture 'Lakshmi Kalyanam' in Telugu followed by 'Chandamama' took her to great heights.

Meanwhile, she made her entry in Tamil Cinema with 'Pazhani', which became a big hit too.

She is now eagerly awaiting the release of Bharathiraja's 'Bommalattam' in which she has acted alongside Nana Patekar and Arjun.

She sure hopes the movie would prove her acting skills to audiences.

The actress celebrated her birthday at the sets of the Tamil film 'Modhi Vilayadu' cutting a cake amongst loads of giggles and jokes.

netra_rama IF-Rockerz
netra_rama
netra_rama

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Woh ... thanks for the infor kanna Wink
Karthikka IF-Dazzler
Karthikka
Karthikka

Posted: 18 June 2008 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Thanks KS. Big smile

Hey, Nets, love your Jyo pics, yaar. Big smile
Dits Goldie