ukpeepz thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Shahid on his Kismat Konnection

The music launch of Kismet Konnection (KiKo) started 3 hours late. The media was fuming but Shahid won hearts with his warm smile and honest apology.

"There was some confusion about the timing. I was informed the launch was at 10, so considering that I am on time and thank you so much for waiting for me!" On hearing this everyone's anger evaporated.

Wearing a brown tee with jeans, Shahid is sporting long hair and stubble as well. "My long haired look was conceptualized by my stylist Shabinaa Khan, who always makes me look good, Aziz Uncle and Harun Mirza. It suits the character because he is an NRI and a very cool, trendy guy," explains Shahid.

Shahid is in awe of Aziz Uncle and loves his optimism. "I remember this incident in Toronto when a lot of footage had gone bad and we had to re-shoot it. So Vidya, Harun and I were going insane and cribbing about the whole. Aziz uncle, on the other hand was sitting in a corner chomping down a sandwich and telling us, 'don't worry Bachcha ho jaayega, everything will be ok. That is his attitude in real life which reflects in the films he makes.

Speaking about Aziz Mirza's style of romance, Shahid says, "Aziz uncle follows a basic format to explain his scenes. During the making of KiKo, he would just come to me, put his arm around me and take me for a walk. He would say 'Bachcha when Nirmala (his wife) and I used to fight, I used to behave like this so I want you to manao your heroine like this only. So he connects his movie to his own experiences with his better half. He would talk to me one-on-one, man to man, explain things beautifully and I have gained immensely from his experiences, both of age and life."

Talking about how much he loves Aziz uncle's films he says, "I love the fact that Aziz Uncle's films have always been about the common man and his films are very simple, real, candid and believable. His characters are not perfect or good-goody so the audience always connects with them. I believe simplicity connects the most with the audience."

KiKo's music has just been launched and the title track is already making waves, are so are Shahid's moves in the video. "My favourite song is the love song sung by Aatif Aslam called Ba Khuda. I honestly believe that Kismat Konnection is a better album than Jab We Met and I am not saying this just because it is the music launch and I am sure everyone will love the peppy, romantic score by Pritam. This album also has a very international feel because KiKo is set in Toronto," says Shahid in praise of the music.

He further adds, "I am a big Justin Timberlake fan, I love his style of dancing, his songs and videos. I love to perform with him some day."

Shahid is all praise for his co-star Vidya Balan as well. "We had a 60 day outdoor in Toronto so we had no choice but to like each other because there was no one else to talk to. I must thank Vidya for a wonderful experience, for breaking the ice with me by asking for my autograph. 60 days just went by like a breeze. She is fantastic actress and a lovely person," he signs off

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
They are so sloof in media and just talk minimum about themselves proves that there is something between them...

In normal cases actor adn actresses prasies each other like anything before the release of the movie..but here they are like - Shhh...we don't have to talk to each other in public...

So there is certainly something going on... πŸ˜‰
neha_bbsr2005 thumbnail
Thanks..KiKo album better than JWM..only after listening all the songs we can comment on that..for me JWM's music is melodious..just perfect πŸ‘ and yes Shahid looks very cute in the pic 😊 the interview is also cool 😊
Aww character and film sounds good ..looking good in that pic πŸ˜›
Echoesofpassion thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
tfs
he luks adorable 😳
aaliya007 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
can't wait for the film 😊
thanx for sharing