India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

From Ashwirya Shetty (Page 4)

doc72279 Newbie
doc72279
doc72279

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 10:06am | IP Logged

u know wat.  i don't give a damn wat u think.  i have not been nor ever will be on a high horse bout being a doc.  i have already made it clear that i referred to being a doc only once and that too cuz i was majbooran using foul language.  if u want to make other conclusions from that much said go ahead and be my guest.  i must say look who is talking to u...the one flaunting bout being a doc.  and doesn't seem like u read the msg before u put ur own comments.  as i said "anonymous" had mentioned how we all have been wasting our time here and we have better things to do...so i was simply rephrasing that only.  that has nothing to do w/ me being a doc.  in fact u know the reason i am so modest?  cuz i know anyone in the world can be a doc.  there are no special skills involved in being one.  all u need is hard work thats all.  everyone is intelligent in the world...only hard work is needed to be a doc.  so there is no reason to be so proud of being a doc. 

sweta21 Newbie
sweta21
sweta21

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

Interesting reading for everyone.  I don't even see what the point of this whole arguement is?  After yesterday, I did join the Jassi_Pretty Group as I use yahoo for mail.  The personal comment for AS vs PM were a bit annoying, but the original credit still belongs to JP site.  However, Ash is always crediting Jassi_Pretty for all the updates she has posted on this site.  I have been to school myself and have taken writing classes that taught me that as long as all the references are credited to the original writer, it is legally acceptable. 

Also, when I first searched for Jassi Daily updates, I was able to retrieve this site vs. JP site.  This site is really accessible without going thru the whole registration process that JP Yahoo group requires (and I was already a member of yahoo!mail). 

So I am not sure what the big deal is, when we are making the Show that we all like (I believe everyone would agree to that) accessible for all the fans and also to invite others to appreciate the show that we all like.

doc72279 Newbie
doc72279
doc72279

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

i'm so glad u have a sensible approach and are very courteous in your message sweta.  but u must agree that if a writer refuses for their piece of work to be shown anywhere else then that must be followed.  and about registering in groups...well its even quicker than registering in this forum.  anyway...its ur choice where u want to read updates.  but one thing is for sure...the updates will no longer be copied and posted here.  so if u still would like to read updates here then please tell ur fellow members to write THEIR OWN update and to stop copying. 

heyeon Groupbie
heyeon
heyeon

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta21

Interesting reading for everyone.  I don't even see what the point of this whole arguement is?  After yesterday, I did join the Jassi_Pretty Group as I use yahoo for mail.  The personal comment for AS vs PM were a bit annoying, but the original credit still belongs to JP site.  However, Ash is always crediting Jassi_Pretty for all the updates she has posted on this site.  I have been to school myself and have taken writing classes that taught me that as long as all the references are credited to the original writer, it is legally acceptable. 

Also, when I first searched for Jassi Daily updates, I was able to retrieve this site vs. JP site.  This site is really accessible without going thru the whole registration process that JP Yahoo group requires (and I was already a member of yahoo!mail). 

So I am not sure what the big deal is, when we are making the Show that we all like (I believe everyone would agree to that) accessible for all the fans and also to invite others to appreciate the show that we all like.

thanks for being so courteous and not lashing out. I think the person who is copying or editing (out here it means removing brackets) the material then they have to take permission from the author. Isnt it? and extracting does not require prior permission if credit is given but one cannot copy/edit the whole material without permission of the original writer..

sweta21 Newbie
sweta21
sweta21

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 1:00pm | IP Logged

From my understanding, the only way you can really stop someone from copying your material is if you have copyrights stating that no one should!  Otherwise, it's just some information on the web that everyone has access to and can copy from.  Just my understanding.  I am not in a writing profession, nor I want to be...

Edited by sweta21 - 14 May 2004 at 1:02pm
armaanluver Newbie
armaanluver
armaanluver

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 1:28pm | IP Logged

Hey sweta...yea thats what i've been telling them..thanks so muich for understanding us and helping us so much to solve this problem.

~Pinku

door_daffa Newbie
door_daffa
door_daffa

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 1:34pm | IP Logged

Look this whole argument is completely futile seriously. There is enough sick as hell bakwaas going on in the world and the last thing we need to be doing is biting each others heads off over a non-issue. As human beings we need to rise above all the petty fueds and come to some sort of amicable agreement.

We only want you to stop using our update on your site, thats it. We know you didn't copy it directly from our site so its not really your fault but now that you know we'd appreciate it if you respected the updaters wishes and didn't do it again. If you want to read this paticular update then its available at the jassi pretty group.  This is all we wanted to say before everything got out of hand

And Aishwariya_Shetty if you want to come across as a rational and reasonable person then I suggest you stop acting like an immature child thats thrown her toys out the pram. . Your ego seems to have been hurt now that people have realised this is not your work, so learn to relax a little. There's no need to be so aggressive and rude, we are all jjkn fans and this is not a war.

Now for gods sake, can we call a truce and end this matter here before everyone gets dragged into the kheechar again

Kiran

Ashwirya Shetty Senior Member
Ashwirya Shetty
Ashwirya Shetty

Posted: 14 May 2004 at 1:42pm | IP Logged

Hi Sweta,

Your right, one has to have legal copyright to take any action. In this case, the original writer(s) already have it, so no one else can have it, unless the original writer(s) forego their rights to someone. They can give away all or conditional rights. If they haven't given any rights, they can enforce it anytime.

Go to top