Page 1 Page 6
Page   of 8
Page 8 Page 8

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 6:32am | IP Logged

Woo hoo! Naina and mystica u two are really good at debate!Clap

On a personal opinion I also donot like the idea of puting a picture as avatar in a forum where there are 20000+ members and have millions of hits per day. It is not that a person will jump to track me or will try to hack me after giving the first look at my picture....but as they said there are plenty of weird people on earth and you do not know who is at the other end...so it is better to be precautious than to be sorry later on.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DEBATE: My Pic as Avatar (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

greatmaratha

IF-Sizzlerz

greatmaratha

Posted: 17 July 2005 at 9:36am | IP Logged
I agree with the views of choco.  Once u get to know the persons, you could share all the info u want.  with the increase in the traffic, you dont know who is reading what.  It is better to take precautions today rather than be sorry tomooow.  

Arshad11

Arshad11

Posted: 18 July 2005 at 11:53pm | IP Logged
i totally agree with anon n heyher87. guess why i agree w/ heyher........ SINCE SHE IS MY SIS N SHE WOULD KILL ME IF I DONT

silverfrost

Groupbie

silverfrost

Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:32pm | IP Logged

Like many other members here, I think it is better to be safe than be sorry later on. Furthermore, I especially disagree with vijay and some one else who said that they can make more friends by posting their pictures. Its sad that they have to use their face to make friends.

For one thing, you really cannot trust everyone who sees this website. Also, most internet crimes occur on fourms and by chatting. In my opinion putting your picture makes more target and attraction to oneself. These internet criminals tend to be the most persuading and friendly people online because I don't think that the people who have suffered were not stupid either to not realize that they were traps. But suppose someone really likes your looks and of course they are going to gain your trust to persuade u into what they want.

I am getting this opinion after the Middle East "internet murder" that appeared in BBC News in 2001 (link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1189804.stm). Don't pretend the world is pretty and cheerful...itz a BIG BAD WORLD out there! Btw I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 12 August 2005 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
it's the perosn's personal choice, if he is comfortabl;e with it, then that's fine. and if not, thAT'S ok aswell. you can't force any1 to put their pic up or stop any1.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 14 August 2005 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
anon i persoanlly agree with you , infact you often have jobless people browsing the net ....and may have nothing to do with this forum ....but accidentally stumble upon it . They see the forum age here is mostly very young , mostly underage kids ....And after seeing the pics would pretend to be interested in this forum discussion and then "PM" young innocent ones seperately ,pretending to be young themselves etc .....I would watch out !!!
But then again , nobody was forced to put up pics here , its at your risk !!! Hope you guys know who you give out info to !!
Keep safe !! (((((HUGS))))) to all !!

Jyoti_Saroya1

Jyoti_Saroya1

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 11:13am | IP Logged
It's all about personal choice and whether you feel comfortable postin ur pic.

Groovychick

IF-Rockerz

Groovychick

Posted: 30 October 2005 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
I agree with Vijay

Post Reply New Post

Go to top