Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

Meera

Groupbie

Meera

Posted: 02 January 2005 at 2:12pm | IP Logged

Some interesting views on this topic..

Anon and others - You do have a valid point.. and I totally understand your concerns, but (there's always a but) the likely hood of someone stalking someone else in either, UK, USA and India (for example) from the 'India Forums' website is highly unlikely..

I wont go into working out the odds, but lets think logically here.. A stalker who watches indian serials sees my picture and recognises me, then hunts me down from millions of people and follows me, is a little far fetched.. I live where you see about 10 brown faces (and that including my family) - So if members want to put their pic up, go for it.. If members such as yourself don't.. No ones forcing you.

We shouldn't live in a world of paranoia.. If something's gonna happen... ITS GONNA HAPPEN! - Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

/meera

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DEBATE: My Pic as Avatar (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rabeeak2003

IF-Dazzler

rabeeak2003

Posted: 10 January 2005 at 5:22pm | IP Logged
sorry, I am not allowed to show my pics to anyone except for relatives! sorry! no I am feeling bad!CryEmbarrassed

ahmed316us

ahmed316us

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
Meera, nandinii, nandinee and everyone of u look good in pic. and Cutereems do u really look like pretty zinta.Smile

heyher87

heyher87

Posted: 14 January 2005 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
rabeea, calm down!!!

_Anonymous_

IF-Dazzler

_Anonymous_

Posted: 09 July 2005 at 3:34pm | IP Logged

In the IF chatroom, me and many other members were having a heated discussion on whether we should trust anyone, like with friends for the net, should you share your pics with them, your full name with them, etc.etc.

And with people you know even closely like your siblings or cousins, are you able to trust them? Do you have 100% faith on the people around you?Should you have faith on the people around you?

Is Vijay's idea to display your pic in your avie safe? I even had a heated discussion about this with him when I first joined...with him and jammy

In my opinion, I dont think you should trust ANYONE, no matter what your feelings tell you, just trust yourself and protect yourself no matter what.  And this too especially for the girls...

What are your thoughts on this?

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 09 July 2005 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
well its ur choice whether u chose to display ur pics to the public, no one should ban u from doing so, but then again sometimes it may not be the best idea to do so in some situations.

*Shona*

IF-Veteran Member

*Shona*

Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:35pm | IP Logged

On a forum which is almost 20000 members from around the world, I dont think we can trust everyone! In my opinion, I dont think it is safe for girls to put up their picture in their avatar....cuz there are a lot of weirdos out there and u never know wat they are thinking.

After arguing with Nanu (aka Anonymous), I kinda agree with her. I agree with the fact that we should not share personal information and pictures with everyone on the forum.  But there is something called trust, which is very important. Out of the 20000 members, I only trust a handful, because my heart knows that I can trust them and they will never betray me in any way.Big smile

I dont think I am crazy for trusting 4-5 people out of 20000. I would be if i trusted everyone!Smile

|iami5o4|

Goldie

|iami5o4|

Posted: 09 July 2005 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
Well, I wouldn't recommenend a person to trust just about anymore they meet. Get to know the person 1st and once you think you've know enough to judge whether the person is trustworthy or not, then decide. ^.^

Post Reply New Post

Go to top