Do we have any Economists here? :)

bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Heyy guys! Just wondering if we have any students here interested in Economics? Possibly taking Economics as a degree or even thinking about it?

I thought we could discuss any economics related things like news articles here! 😳

But first.... what interests you most in Economics? 😳

For me, I LOVE Macroeconomics and anything and everything to do with how the world economy is doing! 😳 It was a whole module in my AS level and i absolutely loved it! 😃

kansha x

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hi Kansha...

I loved my macroeconomics course in college...I just loved it when everything connects on a global level..How you can see one currency effect another, one economy effect another (i.e. Asian currency crisis in 1997 i think)..etc..

I majored in international business, I also love international relations (wanted to minor in this, but I took IR classes too)...

AnotherMiracle thumbnail
Hey Kansha, I do Economics too....just finished the A-level....going to be doing it at Uni soon..

I like Economics because you can interconnect all the theories with the events that are happening in the economy at this time. How changes in one thing lead to another.

E.g. Recently the increase in Oil Prices causing Inflation and how the government has to implement Monetary/Fiscal Policy to control it....and so on.

It's just so interesting.....since I started studying Economics i've realised how much it appears in the news...it's everywhere.....and then you understand principles such as the opportunity cost.....And i totally love reading Economics related articles...specially from The Daily Telegraph, they have great economic articles, a reli good read.

I'll post sum here and we can discuss it further 😳
bollycrazy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Heyy guys! 😃

Natasha - I know what u mean! Since I started studying Economics I'm seeing it everywhere! 😳 And i love being able to understand the financial news! 😆

I'll post some articles too 😊

Yosh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I'm studying Econ at Uni. But it's not as awesome as I thought it'd be. How are you guys finding it?
dinosteveson thumbnail
Hi Kansha!

I have a degree and Pgd on economics from university of port harcourt.
I wi be interested to contribute my knowledge to the house.

Below is the link to the school where i acquired my first degree.

http://masterwebdirectory.com/Nigeria_more.html

dinosteve