Edward & Jacob = Same?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

eternal

IF-Rockerz

eternal

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 2:00pm | IP Logged

heya everyone,

was just reading the twilight series again and i was thinking aren't edward and jacob very similar...both love bella, both want her safety, both want to be with her, are jealous of the other, and end up having to be something other than a human.....i mean the only actual difference between both is that edward is a vampire and jacob is a werewolf, other than that stephanie meyers has portrayed both of them very similarly.....could it be that is why bella has such a close bond with jacob although he says things that go out of hand?????Ouch

but one major difference between them is jacob's willingness to not let go....he has to be there...the manipulation and dirty games he plays, and the name calling...i was fine with him until the middle of the third book, now i pretty much find him damn annoying...so my comparing them is over...id just like to say up until the end of new moon he was described very much similar to edward...if u pay close attention to the words she uses to describe jacob...she once used for edwardBig smile

thats bout it,...other then that i really dun think they are similar, was just forced to think so because of some terminology and details used for both of them...other then that they are miles apart...EDWARD IS EDWARD and jake will be jakeEmbarrassed

Edited by Mimi_Rani - 11 June 2008 at 3:25am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Edward & Jacob = Same?" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

BengaliChica92

IF-Sizzlerz

BengaliChica92

Mahi Way Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 10 June 2008 at 5:39pm | IP Logged
Eww no they are Not....Edward is like..OMG!! Too good to be true...No one is like Edward and especially NOT JACOB!

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:19am | IP Logged
They are similar in many respects.

Both are loving and protective. Both love the same girl.
BT they have a lot of differences too.
Edward is too low on self esteem part. While Jacob is pretty sure Bella loves him even before she realises, Edward believes her feelings will change even after she has confessed them.

Edward knows he might be dangerous for her, so he leaves her. Jacob on the other hand is pretty sure that he would never hurt Bella (physically or by imprinting on someone else).

Edward is more selfless and contained. He is willing to let her go if she so much as indicates that she wants to. Jacob would fight for her even if she keeps declaring that she is not interested.

Besides, Edward is less impulsive and less expressive of his jealousy , as he had 100 yrs to perfect his patience.

ANd the biggest difference. I LOVE EDWARD BT I DONT LOVE JACOB LOL

BengaliChica92

IF-Sizzlerz

BengaliChica92

Mahi Way Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 5:20am | IP Logged
^^Same here!!
Hate Jacob with a burning passion...

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 6:38am | IP Logged
Ah Bt i dont hate the boy. I just dont love him the way i love Edward
He is a nice bloke at heart, just a victim of circumstances

eternal

IF-Rockerz

eternal

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 1:23pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Ritika2025

They are similar in many respects.

Both are loving and protective. Both love the same girl.
BT they have a lot of differences too.
Edward is too low on self esteem part. While Jacob is pretty sure Bella loves him even before she realises, Edward believes her feelings will change even after she has confessed them.

Edward knows he might be dangerous for her, so he leaves her. Jacob on the other hand is pretty sure that he would never hurt Bella (physically or by imprinting on someone else).

Edward is more selfless and contained. He is willing to let her go if she so much as indicates that she wants to. Jacob would fight for her even if she keeps declaring that she is not interested.

Besides, Edward is less impulsive and less expressive of his jealousy , as he had 100 yrs to perfect his patience.

ANd the biggest difference. I LOVE EDWARD BT I DONT LOVE JACOB LOL

i totally agree....took the words right out of my mouthBig smile

roselove

Groupbie

roselove

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 7:07pm | IP Logged

Umm I quite disagree actually! They may love Bella and are perhaps jealous of each other. These are only their feelings not their indvidual characteristics. I think both Ed and Jake are miles apart indvidually.

Jake one on hand is very very pig-headed and has no ettiquete while Edward is a pure gentleman. He hates Jake as much was Jake hates him, but he is very subtle about it. He can very well choose to act like Jake, but he doesn't and thats what sets them apart. Edward's love is far more greater than Jake's and there is no question about that. If you are a true lover, you don't let your loved one suffer, which is exactly what Jacob's hell bent on doing. If he loved her LIKE Edward did he wouldnt dare do that. I can carry on and on with this but I doubt any of you will read. So, I rest my case. Lolz! \

So simple and easy!

Ed and Jake ARE NOT alike and NEVER will be!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top