Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

annoo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Originally posted by: aisha_muka1980

Marriage, be it love or arranged, most often involves the bride moving out of her parents' house and into either her in-laws' or her husbands' house.  What is the bride's state of mind at this point in time and how can it be tackled?  
Romba nalla question AishπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Imm after engagemet we will recive n number advices from n number of people.😭
At the time of marriage on both the sides, relatives will try to find fault with other side and they try to create a gap bet'n 2 families. πŸ˜•
   I always advice the brides (in my close circle of friends or relatives), to ignore all the comments of the relatives including her own parents.πŸ˜› We are grown ups.. Did they teach us to be cautious with our friends? Did they teach us how to move with our friends?

When we hav chosen our friends on our own experience, do you think we need anyone's advice to move with our hubby's family? That too in arranged marriages our parents think so many times before fixing marriage. I think it should be fine if we are ourselves..
If the bride goes with open mind,there will not be any problem at all.. Unfortunately if she faces any problem my advice is sort it out by urself. Dont share with anyone esp mom.πŸ˜‰ 
Generally moms are over protective about their daughters after marriage.. So their extra care sometimes irritates the in-laws and hubby.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

annoo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: smile_plus

In my case, it will be other way round.. Ennoda imsaigalai avar eppadi thaan thaanga poraar nu ninaichu naan kavalai padanum..
  Wht Veda has mentioned is true. Most of our habits will be different. On several occasions they'll hav to tolerate usπŸ˜›
 We should learn to respect them and their system😊.. Give respect and take respect.. If we criticise their systems we will have to face the same words... Instead learn ignore a practice which really irritaes you.πŸ˜‰

In half the houses probs start with coffee.. 'Enga veetla milk-la thanni ootha maatanga.. unga veetla konjam micham pidikara type.. athanaala  thaan milk-la kuda thanni ootharanga' this type of dialogue is famous among newly married couples. It can be either way.πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

_Manpreet_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: smile_plus

Hi Aish,
In my case, it will be other way round.. Ennoda imsaigalai avar eppadi thaan thaanga poraar nu ninaichu naan kavalai padanum..πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

🀣🀣🀣...Paavam Mr. Veda!  Patthumma....First sightla (before marriage) ungala paathu mayanki..apporam Mr. Veda anathum manushan bhayanthidha poraru... I'm sure he'll have a way to deal with you......πŸ˜†
Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 15 years ago
_Manpreet_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: annoo

If the bride goes with open mind,there will not be any problem at all.. Unfortunately if she faces any problem my advice is sort it out by urself. Dont share with anyone esp mom.πŸ˜‰ 

Generally moms are over protective about their daughters after marriage.. So their extra care sometimes irritates the in-laws and hubby.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

[/QUOTE]

πŸ‘πŸ‘ Superb piece of advice anu sis......will def. keep that in mind....yenga amma summave romba payanthavanga.....ithukulla post marriage problems avangaloda share pannina....ayyooo😲...nenaitchu paakavey payama irkuthu....πŸ˜†.... but i think you're right......we should try and sort our problems out on our own, rather than involving someone else into it...it'll most likely blow the issue out of proportion....thanks sis for the wonderful reply
_Manpreet_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: annoo

In half the houses probs start with coffee.. 'Enga veetla milk-la thanni ootha maatanga.. unga veetla konjam micham pidikara type.. athanaala  thaan milk-la kuda thanni ootharanga' this type of dialogue is famous among newly married couples. It can be either way.πŸ˜›πŸ˜‰

🀣🀣😲...ithukelaam koodava argue pannuvanga.....esp. newly married couples.....😲 thas a shocker for me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....Yeah, i also believe in give and take policy....however, i'm willing to adjust my habbits according to the situation..πŸ˜› (as long as they don't  thrash my family)
Edited by aisha_muka1980 - 15 years ago
netra_rama thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Marriage, be it love or arranged, most often involves the bride moving out of her parents' house and into either her in-laws' or her husbands' house.  What is the bride's state of mind at this point in time and how can it be tackled?  

Those belonging to the Single's corner, feel free to answer based on your observations.  But I guess this question is mainly for those who've actually gone through this....

My answer ...

The night after my engament, this was the same question struck on my mind and got me so tensed dat night and i end up being awake whole ngt 😭😭 I was very much worried on how im goin to live with another family. Though me and vinod was couples for 4 years, the thought of living with his family tensed me up.  The next day, i spoke to my parents. I told them how scared i was as i dun know my inlaws much, i dun know how to cook, i'm so used to sleep up late on sundays, i love wearing shorts & spagetthi etc ... how am i going to cope or change myself. My mum said she sacrifice and accepted all the changes because of the love she had for my dad. And my dad suggested me to spend more time with my inlaws, be open to them and tell them what im afraid of. The third day after my engament, i called up vinod, told him i wanna spend a day with his parents. the whole sunday i spend with them. They were such great inlaws and his sister was such a sweet pie. I told to my MIL i don't know how to cook, and lots of other stuff. My FIL said i can learn how to cook and its not going to be a big thing. He told me to be just what i am, no need to change myself for them. Till i got married, i made most of my sundays spending time with them to get myself suited and to know them better πŸ˜‰

This kind might not be agreed by certain families. The idea of spending a day in laws place before wedding. Especially in india, i suppose. But well, i feel thats the best way. It makes u feel more comfortable. I do admit lots of things we sacrifice living with them. But you have to keep on thing in mind, its not us only need to do the adjustment or sacrificing. As a MIL & FIL, they too had to start changing their lifestyle having a daughter in the family. The son needs to spend more time with his wife and so their time with their son will be much lesser. The son might no longer share secrets or problems with them. They need to accept the fact there is someone for their son right now. Most mothers feel insecure when a girl comes to their son's life. Mother normally does all things for the son, but after marriage, its the wife. So try not to take all responsiblities from her. I know attai loves to serve food for vinod every night. 5 years of marriage life, i never took that away from her. I will heat up food, and she will serve vinod. She told me to take over, but i said no ... its the only bond or love or something that they both share.

As a guy, ur husband too sacrifice lots of things. Eg like his been living all alone (well u know guysπŸ˜‰) messy, or maybe not so organised. So they will need to change their habit and it will be a bit of stress for them too. Especialy in sharing bathrooms πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ even worse is sharing the bed πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

So you see Aish Hun.. its not only us get tensed up on moving with inlaws, they too face the same thing, getting a new member into the family. Its hard for both parties daa. Im saying this on behalf of myself, vinod and my inlaws ... πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š 

😲😲 sorry for writing so longgggggggg ...............
netra_rama thumbnail

Anu, ur so right about this daa. Yes, Never shares family problems with mother especially. This is the mistake most gals does. They tell to their mother, and being a mother she can't help not interuppting into the problems .. which will definitely annoy hubby and inlaws πŸ˜‰

netra_rama thumbnail

🀣🀣😲...ithukelaam koodava argue pannuvanga.....esp. newly married couples.....😲 thas a shocker for me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†....Yeah, i also believe in give and take policy....however, i'm willing to adjust my habbits according to the situation..πŸ˜› (as long as they don't  thrash my family)

🀣 Anu, the first time i made coffee for vinod, it was in Melbourne, so there was no arguments at that time lols ... But here at my inlaws place, i clearly remember what happen on the first time me making coffee. I was sooo nervous as i really wanted the coffee to taste good, and instead of putting sugar ... i add salt 😲😲. But my inlaws were soooo sweet, not a word came out from their mouth. But my darling sister in law πŸ˜³πŸ˜† ask me if she did any wrong that im punishing her with salt coffee 🀣🀣. Attai, im sure u will be reading this, remember that day still πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†??
kadhambari thumbnail
Ok my story is also little long; my marriage got fixed & i had few months in b/w ..............my husby was working abroad......so after few days of my wedding i have 2 leave india..........so i just asked my husby whether i can stay in his house b4 marriage with his parents(4 fun....i asked him).......he immediately conveyed this 2 my inlaws & my FIL used 2 speak 2 me 4 hours b4 marriage..........so he immediately called me & asked me 2 pack my bags.i was shocked........& my parents konjam hesitate pannanga........bcoz it z not a practice........wat ppl might think ellam..........but my FIL was adamant so they cant say no 2 him.immediately my FIL came down 2 take me 4 a week.i went there with little tension bcoz my MIL used 2 be strict & stern ..........only hope was my FIL.i went there.......nalla padamellam potten.........seekiram ezhundhirukradhu(actually thookame varalai......tension'la mudhal naal)..........i normally dun drink coffee,tea,milk ellam.......so my FIL used 2 bring elaneer & every morning they used 2 give me elaneer...........close relatives ellam kootittu vandhu introduce panni........bcoz we didnt had engagement.......so nobody saw me b4..........so i was like showcase doll..........didnt do any work...........just had fun............ellar koodaiyum mingle aagi..........easy'a irundadhu.

maname illamal marupadi kondu vandhu enn veetil vittargal.enga family,infact community'laiye naan dhaan 1st visited inlaws house b4 marriage.but immediate'a abroad kilambiduven ......dun have time 2 spend with them'nu sonnadhaala......nobody really cared.

itz the bond how u make in the 1st place..............aana insecure parents irukkave seiyyuraanga.........adhai sometimes namma muyarchi panna pokka mudiyum as netra mentioned.but it differs 4m person 2 person.........cant say in general.so we need 2 be really patient 2 build a strong relationship with inlaws.they need 2 know us & understand & viceversa.so patience is the only solution acc 2 me.

kadhambari thumbnail
dun tell me abt coffee da anu................innaiku varaikum adhu dhaan enakku periya prechanai............i dun drink coffee..........so my mom & husby tells me coffee kudikravanga dhaan nalla coffee poda mudiyumnu..........endha vidhama potaalum adhula oru kurai...........my mom makes gud filter coffee & my husby likes it..........so indha prechanai perum prechanai.