SIAA asks non-performers to enrol

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:27am | IP Logged
http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/article.asp?id=4449&am p;nb sp;

Chennai, June 8 (IANS) Sarath Kumar, president of the South Indian Artistes' Association (SIAA), has asked all non-member Tamil movie performers to either enrol before June 30 or face total non-cooperation from the film industry.

To shore up SIAA finances, its general body passed a unanimous resolution necessitating the donation of 2.5 percent of all top stars' emoluments to the organisation, Kumar said Saturday.

'Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi, a personal friend of late Sivaji Ganeshan must set apart a better, bigger site to create a memorial for the late movie icon,' the actor-turned-politician Kumar told reporters.

The decisions to install statues of late matinee idols M.G. Ramachandran and Sivaji Ganeshan in SIAA premises and creation of a bigger complex at its present site were also taken, the body's communique added.

Kumar had led the Tamil film industry's protest against Karnataka's opposition to the Hogenekkal Water Supply Project in April and demanded explanatory statements from non-participant stars, a move frowned upon by the Federation of Film Employees of South India.

Edited by ditty - 08 June 2008 at 7:28am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "SIAA asks non-performers to enrol" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:29am | IP Logged
OMG, I posted this in the wrong forum........I still automatically go to the Other Topics instead of the Kollywood forum. Meli, can u pls move this to the Kollywood forum? Confused

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 7:42am | IP Logged
hehe LOL
Its done Wink

so now...what is this article about? hmm... Confused

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 7:14am | IP Logged
Frankly, meli.I didn't understand LOL I posted it here thinking some one wud and might care to explain. Wink I found this here, in I-F.

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Basically all South Indian artistes are members of the "trade union". They have to subscription fees and other expenses. Other artistes e.g. those from Mumbai are not liable for these expenses and charges. So basically they come down, act and make money. So SK has made it compulsory for the non-SI artistes to join the union.

Actually this is nothing new. In the UK and US, no one can become an actor until they obtain a card and belong to the actors' union.

The second matter is that the big stars are helping the association by donating a percentage of their income.

The third one is obvious.

Hope this helps. Big smile

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 6:41am | IP Logged
It did Karthi Smile

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Good. LOL

suganthanraj

suganthanraj

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 12:40am | IP Logged
ditty Big smile ,
You don't have any other work in your house? Tongue (except sending threads in internet)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top