sagar1601 thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I am sure people on thid forum have heard both Toshi and Sharib and even the song that they have sung in Summer 2007. They both have very similar voice, infact almost identical. They look very much alike (offcourse they are brother so they should) but they both have very distinct style of singing. Toshi on one hand is very passionate, hard nosed and experimental singer. Sharib on the other hand is more controlled (in my opinion), seem to be more versatile and is more of a low profile type of singer. Although, Toshi seems to be more classical than Sharib but there is something about Sharib that make him standout more than Toshi. Sharib does seem to be more mainstream as suppose to Toshi who is more limited in terms of genre.

They both are very young so thing can change in future but for now these are some qualities that these two posses and make them very distinct from each other. So here you go guy, I don't wanna say it all. What are your thoughts about these two? Who do you think is better or should I say unique?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sagar1601 thumbnail

Originally posted by: King Anu

competition is so tough and that reminds me of a person who sang robaroo. i mean his voice is AWESOME!

he easily beats kids participating in this show.

shaan episode has opened my eyes as i saw the difference side by side between a great voice and just another good voice. in this comptetition only those will survive which bring something new.

this is how i think. shan brought something new and hence he is the number 1 voice in bollwood right now

Actually I have to disagree regarding Shaan bringing something new. Shaan doesnot have a unique voice (believe me he is one of my favourite singers only second to Udit Narayan). What Shaan has been able to do is to better people who already have the same type of voice and become more versatile. If you look at people who have very similar voices to Shaan, singers like Kumar Sanu, Abhijeet, there is another singer but I can't remember his name and upto a certain extent Kishor Kumar. Now I am nor saying Shaan is better than Kishor but at least in my opinion, Shaan is more versatile (please don't kill me for saying that it's just my opinion and not a shot at a legend). What Shaan has done is kept the same style of singing that those singer have or had and used his versatility to distinguish himself from others which has made him survive at the hoghest level. Although he does have ability to modify his voice a little bit to make the song sound more realistic and believable.

sagar1601 thumbnail

Originally posted by: King Anu

no no

shaan is not in kishore kumar mould

hmm..let me give you an example of that from this show

his name is "H. Saxena"

That again is your opinion and I personaly think Shaan has some resemblence in his voice with Kishor. He said it himself once in his interview when he came to Toronto. Now you can't argue that.

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lamar odom

ANytime its sharib. Sharib is more vesatile and doesnt depend on one genre song. there are singers who tried to sing different genre songs but landed flat on the ground. Sharib is way better that thosi.

Lamar seems like you and I GMTA 😃

Sharib much better-controlled-versatile singer than Toshi.   Sharib was my 2nd fav singer in C-05 after Hemu😊

Anuradha thumbnail
Please, no comparison between the contestants of this show with those who participated in any other contest.. This is a strict rule followed in the section.. So, closing the topic now!!