Celebrity Fan Clubs

Salman Khan Fanclub! (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 150

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Cat's out of the bag: Kat is the girl Salman will marry!

Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, June 11: We were right all along. Salman and Katrina ARE a couple and when it comes to marriage, Salman Khan will settle on Katrina Kaif. Period.

Salman, when asked in an interview to a channel whether Katrina Kaif is the one for him gave a prompt 'yes'. The actor also indicated that he might walk the aisle sometime next year.

This is the first time ever that the actor has gone ahead and entertained any personal questions. This revelation is bound to put an end to all the media speculation about the actor's stormy liaisons with various starlets. Previously, Sallu and Kat refused to publicly comment on the state of their affair. Katrina had even lashed out at the media for getting too nosy on one instance.

The two have come a long way since they first started. The relationship that was touted as a momentary one since Sallu had been more of a mentor to Kat all this while, has been through thick and thin. Kat has weathered Sallu's reported naggings (physical manhandling, if true!) and yet remained a loyal girlfriend.

Though Salman's never had that good boy reputation to boast of, it seems that the bad boy has realized that this time round he can't afford to let go off his lady love. So do we hear some wedding bells ringing already? Nah' not so soon, because with Salman, one never knows!

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid ... ENT&ssid=1

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Salman Khan Fanclub! (Page 4)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:37am | IP Logged

'Katrina is the one for me'
6/11/2008 9:19:16 PM

In an exclusive interview with TIMES NOW's Tammana Inamdar, Salman Khan made an open admission that he is in a serious relationship with Katrina Kaif and might marry her in the near future. He was candid enough to admit that marriage was bound to happen sooner or later thereby dispelling speculation of any kind of split.

Their relationship began in the year 2003, when Salman Khan had already become one of Bollywood's top draws, while Katrina was the new kid on the block. So, naturally they were seen as an unlikely pair.

However, the relationship soon bloomed with Sallu becoming a mentor for Katrina -- introducing her to the industry's top names, brokering movie roles for her ("Humko Deewana Kar Gaye"), and even helping her improve her Hindi.

By the year 2006, the two were being seen hand in hand at several major events -- the Zee Cinema Awards, the SRK-hosted "Kaun Banega Crorepati" and at IIFA awards.

With her career sailing high, Katrina readily played the loyal girlfriend and was seen with Sallu, when he was behind bars in Jodhpur in August 2007.

But after that episode their bond came under question after rumours surfaced of a Salman-Lara Dutta link up. Meanwhile, Katrina appeared to be cozying up to frequent co-star Akshay Kumar.

Earlier, Sallu and Kat refused to publicly comment on the state of their relationship. In fact, Katrina even lashed out at the media for getting too nosy and retaliated by saying that the media needs to draw the line.

Salman Khan has never really had the reputation of being the best boyfriend. But, while Salman seemed to have mellowed with Katrina, rumour has it that even she recently bore the brunt of Salman's temper with Salman allegedly slapping Katrina in public. However, it was vehemently denied by Katrina."No now that you have asked, I would like to clarify that story is completely untrue," she had added then. She further went on to add:"It's completely baseless and I think these rumours and stories are circulated by people, who have ulterior motives, and I don't know why. It's very disrespectul and no such thing happened in my life."

Well, one just has to wait and see if and when Sallu will turn his words to vows.

http://www.timesnow.tv/NewsDtls.aspx?NewsID=9694

Edited by shefali_123 - 14 June 2008 at 11:37am

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Salman Khan Mein Dum Hai, Dus Ka Dum

By Khabren.info Correspondent,

ImageMumbai, June 7: Salman Khan Mein Dum Hai and this he amply proved with the first show of his newly launched game show Dus Ka Dum. The game show that is being aired on Sony Entertainment channel has a price money of Rs 100 million.

Dus Ka Dum, as Salman Khan says is all about the way Indians think. The participants need to guess the way most other people in India would have guessed, and if your guess is right you can go all the way to win Rs 100 million.

Salman Khan, the rather shy boy of Indian cinema who has the largest fan following in the rural India and whose films do wonders at the box office one after the other was seen hugging people, trying to make them comfortable. Who would have imagined this from Salman, who has the opposite nametag of the bad boy of Indian cinema. But Salman was seen doing this shows that he is not kind of person as he is made out to be.

Salman's show is being seen as one of the biggest threat to Shah Rukh Khan's Paanchvi Paas se Tez, that is being aired on Star TV.

With this game show Salman is stepping into the shows of Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

Till now only Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan have hosted game shows. Amitabh hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati, while Shah Rukh hosted its second edition. He is now hosting another game show on Star TV "Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain". The game show is a copycat of popular US game show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader".

http://www.khabrein.info/index.php?option=com_content&ta sk=view&id=14674&Itemid=88

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Kabbadi Star meets filmstar on 10 ka Dum

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/a ... sp?id=2635

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:44am | IP Logged
10 Ka Dum: We missed Sallu!

Expectations aside, the actor just was not himself on the show

By Surfing Sara . Buzz18 Jun 07, 2008

Salman would be a million times better than SRK. He will be more fun. He will be more energetic. 10 Ka Dum will do a thousand times better than Paanchvi Pass there were a zillion expectations surrounding this game show on Sony. But did it really live up to all these?

The first episode of this much talked about show was aired yesterday at 9 pm IST. And we waited and watched with bated breath. And for those who missed it, this is what we saw and thought

The concept Different but not extraordinarily exciting!

The show has just five questions. Answering them can fetch you up to Rs 10 crore. Considering the whopping 89 crore plus an additional 44 crore that Salman Khan got for hosting the show, the amount really does not seem that overwhelming after all.

So, the contestant is asked a question, the answer of which would be in percentages. For example, one of the questions asked in the first episode was 'How many people in India really sleep through their wedding night?' The contestant can take a viewers poll, that's a poll of people sitting at the studio at that point of time. And can base their answer on that.

For the first question, the contestant is given a window of 40 per cent. That is, they can specify a range of 40 per cent as their answer. If the answer falls in that range, they win. But the tough part is, the window or range keeps on decreasing to 30 then 20 and then 10 per cent as the questions continue.

Pros and Cons:

Well, as you can see, it's not about general knowledge as much as it is about common sense. And that too has its pros and cons. Pros: anybody and everybody can participate and get involved while watching and the contestant has the liberty of asking for an audience poll. Cons: some viewers may find it frivolous (I mean, how can you give away Rs 10 crore to somebody who is zero in GK but is just plain lucky?). And when a question is asked, the viewers are not thinking because there is nothing to think about, so involvement might dip if Sallubhai cannot keep up with holding our attention.

Salman Khan Where was he again?

Salman Khan is sweet, energetic and charming on the show for sure. But somehow we missed him. The Sallubhai we love, we missed. He was being extra sweet to the contestants, which was nice but so not him. He can be sweet and funny and cute the way he generally is in movies as well. But maybe that's were we are wrong. Maybe, the Salman Khan we see in movies is not the real Sallu. The goodness and charm is intact but somewhere the zing that makes Salman Khan 'Sallu' just wasn't there.

The show About time they stopped choreographing reality TV

If it's called reality TV, it better be REAL for crying out loud. The contestant looked over enthusiastic, like she was told to behave like a five-year-old for some specific reason. Salman though energetic and sweet looked like somebody had reprimanded him and told him not to be himself. Though holding Salman captive with some dramatised lines is tough, we guess. And we hope that the writers cease to get their way in another few episodes and Salman comes out with his true self.

Paanchvi Pass Vs 10 Ka Dum Are they so different after all?

At first look, we found more similarities than differences between the two shows. Well, the format is different and the hosts are different. But it felt the same. The show looked as dramatised as Paanchvi Pass. Salman could have been SRK for all we care, since the real Salman was really not there!

Verdict: 10 Ka Dum will hopefully get better because there's a lot of promise. Salman will open up and be more like 'himself' in a few more episodes, we believe. He has a lot of energy and he is good with people. And here's hoping that the show really gets out of the dramatised reality TV genre before the excitement wears out!

http://www.buzz18.com/column/tv/10-ka-d ... lu/61461/1

*These journos :smash: ..they always has to come up against Salman ,in whatever he does !

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:44am | IP Logged
Sony ties up 7 sponsors for 10 ka dum

2008-06-07 09:19:50 Source : Business Line

New Delhi, June 6

Salman Khan may be used to the uncertainty of a Friday opening in his now nearly two-decade-long film career, but this Friday was different. The actor made his debut in Sony's new television game show 10 ka dum which has already found seven sponsors.

According to media buyers, the sponsors 'Vodafone, consumer durables LG and Samsung, L'Oreal and Johnson and Johnson, P&G's Gillete and ITC Bingo ' are paying between Rs 3 crore and 4 crore each for their association. Sony, declining to share advertising rates, said the sponsors would take up 50 per cent of the inventory; the remaining spots are also doing well at Rs 1.75-2.5 lakh for 10 seconds, according to media buyers.

'Those who could not afford the DLF Indian Premier League are more than happy to be associated with this show. This is also the only big property on television currently, and Salman Khan's debut,' explains Mr Javed Akhtar, Media Director, Indian Media Exchange. 'It's a huge show and we have promoted it heavily during our broadcast of the DLF IPL, and there is great buzz about the show. The format is very different, the other game shows require some kind of knowledge on the participant's part, here it's all about India and opinions and it's much easier to play along,' says Mr Rohit Gupta, President, Network Sales, Licensing and Telephony, Multi Screen Media, (the network's new name). 'Salman Khan has a mass appeal that matches the show's concept and his movies continue to do well, both of which will benefit the show,' he adds. The channel has also tied up with Zapak and Sify to market the show.

http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/ ... /46/341571

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:45am | IP Logged
I don't need any celebs to raise the TRPs - Salman Khan

Tonight Bollywood's mercurial superstar Salman Khan makes his small screen debut as host of Dus Ka Dum. If anyone had doubts over Salman as the ideal host, the superstar gave a glimpse of his hosting prowess at the show's launch by pouring champagne to the media present. He was more than a perfect host. And above all the pony-tailed Salman answered every question with aplomb.

Excerpts from an interview:

It was reported that initially you had rejected the offer for this show?

"Yes, that's right but I hadn't heard the script then. Well, after being told of it again, I fell in love with the format. I didn't ponder over it again and gleefully accepted it. Television today has become a very big and popular medium."

What made you accept the show?

"Besides the concept which I loved, the other reason was my fans. They have watched my best and worst films but now they don't need to spend money to watch me. They can sit at home and know me better."

What was your experience as a first-time host?

"I'm enjoying playing the host. My fans on the show have asked me so many questions that the media has never been able to do in so many years. That's the reason I say that television is a strong medium."

How close is he to the real Salman when hosting the show?

"I'm very much real in the show. The way I'm in my living room or with my pals I am much the same on the show."

To increase the TRPs of the show which celebs would you like to invite?

"I don't think I need any celebs to raise the TRPs of the show. I myself, am enough to handle the whole show."

Lastly if you were given a chance to incorporate the style of either of the two top reality show hosts- Amitabh Bachchan or Shah Rukh Khan who would be your choice?

"Definitely Mr. Amitabh Bachchan as he is the best."

And as the show based on guesswork and percentages premiers tonight Salman's fans wait with bated breath to welcome their idol in their living rooms.

To view the slideshow of Dus ka Dum click here.

http://www.tellychakkar.com/y2k8/jun/6j ... salman.php

Indian Television Website doesn't allow to paste the image.

shefali_123

IF-Dazzler

shefali_123

Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Salman wins many a hearts with Dus Ka Dum

By Khabren.info Correspondent,

Mumbai, June 7: Salman Khan's game show Dus Ka Dum that made its debut on Sony Entertainment channel Friday has won many a hearts. People say that they had not expected Salman to do that well on the small screen.

The way is sure to fill the vacuum on Sony channel that enjoyed unsurpassed popularity during the just concluded Indian Premier League (IPL) tournament. The game show with largest price money is sure to attract huge number of viewers for the game show.

The greatest attraction of the game show Dus Ka Dum is the largest ever price money that is on offer during the show. Rupees 100 million is a dream for every Indian irrespective of his religious, caste, or linguistic affiliation. Everyone would like to win this astronomical sum to change his life for ever.

The Bollywood superstar says that the game show is all about the way Indians think. The participants need to guess the way most other people in India would have guessed, and if your guess is right you can go all the way to win Rs 100 million.

Salman Khan, the rather shy boy of Indian cinema who has the largest fan following in the rural India and whose films do wonders at the box office one after the other was seen hugging people, trying to make them comfortable. Who would have imagined this from Salman, who has the opposite nametag of the bad boy of Indian cinema. But Salman was seen doing this shows that he is not kind of person as he is made out to be.

Salman's show is being seen as one of the biggest threat to Shah Rukh Khan's Paanchvi Paas se Tez, that is being aired on Star TV.

With this game show Salman is stepping into the shows of Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan.

Till now only Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan have hosted game shows. Amitabh hosted Kaun Banega Crorepati, while Shah Rukh hosted its second edition. He is now hosting another game show on Star TV "Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez Hain". The game show is a copycat of popular US game show "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader".

http://www.khabrein.info/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=88

Post Reply New Post

Go to top