Salman Khan Fanclub! - Page 6

shefali_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Gambling with Salman

piyushroy

Posted online: Friday , June 13, 2008 at 1459 hrs

Friday - Saturday, 9 pm, Sony TV

The show opened with an extended monologue by its star host Salman Khan in which he stated that his prime motivation for doing the show was to just connect with his fans. As regards the fans, well the amount of grabbing and hugging of the 'ever dude' Khan unleashed by the ladies on stage generally, and often along with their husbands/ boy friends and other male family members would make one believe the vice versa - as in meeting Salman was their prime driver for getting on the show. On the fan-star interaction barometer the show thus provides a win-win situation. I just hope being a Salman fan wasn't the decider clinch in favour of the lucky few on the hot 'stand' (there's no sitting happening on this show with ample excuses for a host-contestant jig on one of Salman's hit dance numbers, but naturally).
So what happens of the Rs 10 crore? It's up for a gamble with the lucky gambler netting home the maximum moolah. Unlike other reality shows, and as rightly informed by Salman in the promos, this one isn't about any test of knowledge - general, current affairs, Bollywood or class five - it's about making the right tukka (bet) that's closest to the bigger tukka (read an opinion poll whose findings decide the results in the game). And opinions being to each-on-to-his-own - myriad and changing with time, situation, age and context - there is not much logic for deducting their unison. No wonder, often India's 'stated' opinion on many of the queries as deduced by the show's pollsters do not exactly match with the voted results of an equally varied Mumbai based studio audience.
Coming back to the show's star attract - Salman Khan makes a confident and entertaining telly host debut. Good enough to even eclipse a contestant's gamble juggle on way to net the biggest prize money on offer in any Indian reality show till date. Pre-show speculations around the 'moody' Khan's initial discomfort with the telly prompter and other conformities of a set event are thus justifiably laid to rest.

Actually, Salman couldn't have found a better concept matching his persona and the concept a better host amongst the leading actors in his league. He personifies (in a certain way) the frivolous dare of a luck game, just as he doesn't mind stating with confidence his ignorance or lack of inkling for the right answer. So don't expect him to nudge or hint a dithering contestant towards the right solution a la Amitabh Bachchan in Kaun Banega Crorepati. But, he does make for an earnest well wisher when he takes part in a contestant's analysis of approximations. And, if the contestant is someone equally bindaas (for lack of a better word to describe the attitude in English), like the Maharashtrian lady in the opening episode, be assured of an entertaining joy ride pepped up with some signature Salman style irreverence laden humour.

Verdict
The Bachchans and Shah Rukhs of the world watch out - here comes another winner star host on the Indian telly space. Look forth for some great fan moments. Forget the facts in the survey; they anyway keep changing with every passing year, location and mood of the nation. Indeed, it's all about playing, rather gambling, with Salman Khan!

[www.screenindia.com]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shefali_123 thumbnail
Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 16 - 10 Ka Dum

We all know the importance of a positive mental attitude, yet sometimes it is easy to forget where our happiness comes from. The more powerful and positive your attitude is, the more you will really experience life as it is meant to be. The hard part comes in staying aware of who it is you really want to be.

The bad news is that circumstances are bound to appear that want to knock you off your track. Just like some very witty and courageous contestants who end up missing the prize money of 10 Lakhs or 1 Crore narrowly…I feel extremely bad about such situations. But I am helpless. The contestants need some skill, some understanding of the mood of the people and of course luck. It does play some part in it as it does in other fields of life too. What I have admired most is that my contestants never get greatly disturbed and their inner strength comes alive. They feel sad as they see disappointment written large on my face. Some of them have missed the correct percentage and the correct answer just because of the fact that our country is so diverse and so are the views of different sections of people. The metropolitan scene is so different from the rural scene. Similarly, certain social truths also vary from the developed areas to the developing areas. But most of my contestants love the lighthearted, humorous questions and that shows that they have a great capacity to embrace the humour and laughter in every situation. And that is the good news. That, if you have absolutely decided who it is you want to be and how you are going to feel, before the challenges arise, you will experience the opportunity to create miracles in your life, and in the lives of others. Through this show I learn, I learn how to make people smile and smile with them. That is the greatest miracle for me in my life right now.

See you tonight for another magical episode of 10 ka dum!

shefali_123 thumbnail
Cricketers made the 10 Ka Dum episode memorable

IndiaGlitz [Thursday, June 12, 2008]

With a superstar host who is appearing for the first time for a television game show and two fun loving famous names of Indian cricket came together, the result turned out be not just an ordinary episode of 10 Ka Dum but one filled to the full capacity with great entertainment.

Cricketers Yuvaraj Singh and Harbhajan Sing became the first celebrity guests of the show which offers 10 crores as the prize money.

The viewers of this episode will get a fair idea of the hilarious and lively atmosphere present inside the Indian Cricket Team's dressing room once they see the quick wit, humour sense and friendly back stabbing ways of Yuvi and Bhajji.

Both of them together with Salman Khan turned the studio upside down with their revelations and funny anecdotes.

When the question of how many Indians think that " Mard ko dard nahin hota", Harbhajan said something that has never been known before.

Bhajji replied with a grin " Mujhe to bahut hota hai", and I could barely breathe when I got the ball on the ribs. I was just pretending that I was alright.

Bollywood muscle man added up the excitement by recalling a past incident when he acted in real life to be perfectly all right experiencing no pain at all when a driver drove a car right over this toes but in fact he was undergoing acute pain and the foot got swollen in no time.

When Salman asked both of them how they were able to play without getting tired for so long when he gets tired just running during the shots.
Bhajji utilized the chance to take a dig at Salman by saying that getting exhausted depends on who you are running after and spiced it by asking the host whether it was Vivek Oberoi who he was running behind.

On the question of who their favourite actress is, Yuvaraj said that it is Katrina Kaif to which Salman said "Mine Too".

The spinner opted for Lara Dutta but added that he likes Katrina too.

Salman turned to a shade of crimson when Yuvaraj answered to a funny and naughty question.

The question was- What percentage of Indians are not embarrassed about passing wind in Public.

Yuvi quickly pointed out that this question of course is all thanks to Nandini of 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'.

On the whole the episode was fun filled and involved a lot of leg pulling.

Yuvaraj Singh with the support of Harbhajan Singh won Rs. 1 crore which is a first on 10 Ka Dum.

The two players donated the entire amount to the cause of charity.
Of the Rs.1 Crore that they won, the two members of Indian cricket team decided to give 50 lakhs to Salman Khan's Charity Foundation and Rs. 25 lakh to the Charitable Foundation run by Yuvaraj's mother and Rs.25 lakh to the little boy who was in the news recently and whose plight touched Harbhajan's heart so much that he decided to visit the little boy in the hospital in Agra.

Don't miss this amusing episode of 10 Ka Dum.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hind ... 39281.html

shefali_123 thumbnail
Wow, a really beautiful post from Salman on today's blog:

Saturday, June 14, 2008
Day 17 - 10 Ka Dum

Saturday 14th June, 2008

If I may continue with the cricket analogy – T20 as I said before… although I'm not a cricket buff like my father and brother Arbaaz, the slog begins from the first ball – the first question in 10 Ka dum…
Babu is not prepared to give me the questions in advance when we shoot. I read them as I ask them to the contestants. And as far as the answers are concerned well no one knows them, including the big boss. That is the thrill. One keeps thinking as we play. The contestants think about the answer and I think about how to keep the audience entertained!

One of the questions in one episode was about God in his last reincarnation on Earth, as has been mentioned in some religious books. It is a strong belief in India that God assumes human shape to helps destroy evil forces. I think its time now for him to make one more appearance!

I often wonder if God could stage a fantastic entry, which alone will destroy evil. It is also said that God appears in human shape only to inspire good people to fight evil forces as HE did in the Mahabharata. HE merely drove Arjuna's chariot. It is also believed that HE only guides and inspires but does not fight the human battles himself. It is also said that nothing can happen without HIS consent and approval. Does it mean that violent evil forces have spread with HIS knowledge and approval? If you probe further, you are told that strange are the ways of God. And they are also great who wait and watch. I am a little impatient and pray for HIS sudden and announced appearance. In Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam' , I have a direct dialogue with God. I often talked to my late father in the film. In real life I respect my father as my God. Most of my paintings depict my concept of God and my own way of having regular dialogues with HIM. I think that all of us have our own individual way and approach to God. In my family, we have people of different faiths and we live in harmony. We may have several differences but religion is not one of them. Is it not strange that all religions preach peace and brotherhood and yet most of the deadly wars have been fought in the name of religion? Things have come to such an extent that we must love or perish. In my mind the greatest religion is just Being Human.

shefali_123 thumbnail
Salman Khan's 'Dum' pulls Sony to third spot

By RICHA DUBEY
Indiantelevision.com Team

(12 June 2008 8:00 pm)

MUMBAI: 10 Ka Dum, which brings Salman Khan to the small screen for the first time, has worked wonders for Sony Entertainment Television (Set).

With a debut TVR of 3.35 (according to Tam C&S, 4+), the one-hour game show has pulled Set forward to the third spot in the Hindi general channel (GEC) space.

According to the latest Tam data, Set has fetched 101 GRPs (gross rating points) week 23 ending 7 June. Sony was fourth among the GECs in week 22 ending 31 May with a TVR of 89.

Set AVP marketing Danish Khan says, "We have got a very good start with the show. Sony became the number one channel in that particular hour with a peak rating of 5.4 TVR. We had around 16 million viewers sampling the show."

The show, however, lost its grip somewhat on the following day (7 June) with a 2.75 TVR.

"There is always a variation of ratings in the reality show. But we will keep the hype alive with our upcoming promotional plans," added Khan.

Khan explains that in its debut week, the show has managed to provide stickiness to the channel's other shows Comedy Circus and CID which follow 10 Ka Dum.

"It is because of 10 ka Dum that ratings of Comedy Circus and CID which are aired at 10 pm on Friday and Saturday, have doubled. We have locked in considerable people over the weekends and the show is working like an umbrella brand for the channel," Khan adds further.

Produced by Synergy Adlabs, the show has roped in Vodafone, LG, Garnier, Johnson and Johnson aand P&G for Gillete as sponsors.

Apart from that, IBN 7, CNN IBN, IBN Lokmat have been signed as TV partners while Big FM is their official radio partner.

On the other side of the curve, Shah Rukh Khan's show Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain? on GEC leader Star Plus (aired on 6 and 7 June at 8 pm) garnered 1.97 TVR and 3.29 TVR respectively.

Looking at all the other shows which placed its bet on the weekend after the finals of IPL, Star One's The Great Indian Laughter Challenge IV has raked in 1.46 and 1.24 TVRs on 6 and 7 June respectively.

NDTV Imagine, which had lost GRPs during IPL, also launched a musical competition-based show Junoon Kuch Kar Dikhane Ka on the same day at 8:30 pm. The show, which has Hrithik Roshan as its goodwill ambassador, has obtained ratings of 0.82 and 0.59.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k8/june/june131. php

shefali_123 thumbnail

I think we need to post the links of the episodes of " Dus ka Dum" on the first page, so that all links are at one place andpeople visiting the fc need not search through pages.

the links are posted at the DKD part of IF, so if we just put the links of those topics on the first page, that will also do.

and also the link to his blog.

what say guys??😃

also i think everyone's exams should be over by now, so why dont we start a contest or game or something???

salman khan 4 thumbnail

Signatures:

Edited by salman khan 4 - 15 years ago
salman khan 4 thumbnail
Salman @ Waar Parivaar Exclusive Only Salman Scenes

part1 http://youtube.com/watch?v=ms2FaySqy7I&fmt=18

part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p79ZjfLrXAc7&fmt=18Edited by salman khan 4 - 15 years ago
Yosh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Chefoooooo, Deeeeeeeep, Sidddddddddd, Preeeeeeeeeeeti...And all the new-er members whose names I still have to learn.

Exams are over. Oh yeahhhhhh. On holiday now for 3 months. YAYAYAY!

Dus Ka Dum...I don't have Sony =[, but I saw the first two episodes through freeview. I liked it, as it the format was different to other quiz shows where they just ask the standard questions. SK looks as sexy as ever. Some of the questions are really funny. On the first episode there was "What % of the population spent their wedding night sleeping?" and then recently I think "What % of the population find it embarassing to let off air in front of others?" 😆😆 And then silly people were posting comments like "inappropriate to watch with parents" on the TellyBuzz articles.

Yosh thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shefali_123

I think we need to post the links of the episodes of " Dus ka Dum" on the first page, so that all links are at one place andpeople visiting the fc need not search through pages.

the links are posted at the DKD part of IF, so if we just put the links of those topics on the first page, that will also do.

and also the link to his blog.

what say guys??😃

also i think everyone's exams should be over by now, so why dont we start a contest or game or something???

Chefoooooooooooo. Yeah I think we should play Dus Ka Dum here. I thought we can make up a set off questions, or we could just steal them off the show. Everyone answers them and sends in the results through PM. And then we calculate the %s. And then we have a quiz. Just instead what % of the population, it'll be what % of the SKFC think that. The person with the closest % wins that question. And the person to answer most questions right is the winner. What say?