Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shefali_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Aap Ka Dum

Author: Sonal Chawla Date: 10 Jun 2008

Wanna meet Salman on the set of his new show? Guess the answers he gave us correctly and you can

Since Salman's show is about percentages, we decided to do a rapidfire round with him about the same. He was game. Below are his answers. But just to make it interesting, we are giving you multiple choices, and you have to guess the right answer.

If your answers match Salman's, you get to be a guest on the set of his new show. Five lucky winners will make it to 10 Ka Dum. So rush in your entries now.

1 How many percent of people think you are a good guy?
A 99.9%
B 99.0%
C 100%
D 75%
E 50%

2 How many percent of people think you and Priyanka Chopra make a good screen pair?
A 13%
B 0.1%
C 0.2%
D 0.5%
E Nobody

3 How many percent of people think you are moody?
A Only John Abraham thinks that.
B All my ex-girlfriends.
C All the people I work with
D Just me, I guess. Oh yes, and the press! How much % is that, huh?
E All my friends; but they still love me, so it doesn't matter.

4 How many percent of people believe you and Akshay are friends?
A I don't know the percent! But Akshay and I are friends. I mean we are acquaintances. We did two movies together.
B Why should people believe otherwise? We are friends. We have worked together in three films.
C I don't know what people think, but Akshay Kumar is a friend and a co-actor.
D 60 %; because we have worked together and people like us on screen.
E I would like to meet these people who think we
are friends.

5 How many percent of people think you will never forgive Vivek Oberoi?
A Who's that?
B Let's not talk about insignificant people.
C Never.
D Not in this lifetime.
E I don't know about that, but personally, I will never!

6 How many percent of people believe you will invite Abhishek on the show as guest?
A It's up to Sony who they want to call. I am not inviting anyone from the industry.
B I would like to call Shah Rukh Khan first because I have been on his show.
C Abhishek... hmmm... that's a good idea. I will think about it!
D What's the problem? Of course, I will invite him. He is very cool dude and a very chilled out guy. I love Abhishek! He is a super guy.
E I will call him and his papa as well. It will increase the TRPs of my show at least.

As told to Sonal Chawla

SMS: VOTE 10KD (QUESTION NO) (YOUR ANSWER) to 53650.
Watch 10 Ka Dum Fridays and Saturdays at 9 pm on Sony Entertainment Television

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/entert ... groupId=14

shefali_123 thumbnail
Introduction: The fight is on between Bollywood ka Badshah, Shahrukh Khan and the heartthrob of millions, Salman Khan on the battle ground of the small screen. The two of their own kinds of Reality shows are in competition to notch up the TRP charts. Now the question is who is going to be the bigger crowd puller among the two. Read on

Currently two superstars of Bolloywood are hosting two TV shows with huge sums of money to be awarded to the winner. The shows are Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas se Tez Hain and Dus Ka Dum hosted by ShahRukh Khan and Salman Khan respectively.

In keeping with their nature, the television viewers , are interested in knowing in advance what will be the extent of the success or otherwise of these shows.

Following is an analysis Ganesha has done on the basis of the time the shows had started.

Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas se Tez Hain
Launched 25th April 2008 Friday at 20:00 hours at Mumbai

Dus Ka Dum.
Launched 7th June 2008 Friday at 21:00 hours at Mumbai

The paramount importance in astrology is given to the Ascendant and its Lord.

In Paanchvi Paas, the ascendant Lord Sukra is exalted in the natal as well as the Navamsa chart. This shows that the show has the potential for generating glamour and fun as well as attracting viewers (here for the small screen attracting viewers means TRPs).

In Dus Ka Dum, the ascendant Lord is Guru who is Swagruhi and retrograde in the ascendant itself, fortifying its own longevity and success. Guru is also Swagruhi in the Navamsa chart. This will draw a lot of commercial value to the show.

Thus, prima facie, both the shows have potential for success but as the ascendant lord of Paanchvi Paas is a fast moving planet and has changed signs and Navamsa the next day of the launch, this show will see many ups and downs, while Guru the lord of Dus Ka Dum is a slow moving planet and in its retrograde motion is going to meet the ascendant degrees and will not change its Navamsa sign as quickly as Sukra will in Paanchvi Paas, Ganesha sees a long term slow and steady growth and success of the show Dus Ka Dum, in comparison to Paanchvi Paas.

Wishing both the shows and their hosts grand success.

Ganesha's Grace
Rikhav Khimasia
The GaneshaSpeaks Team
:ugeek:

http://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/blog_Khan_ ... __1191.jsp

shefali_123 thumbnail
Salman Khan's new lingo!

une 10, 2008 8:32:06 PM IST
Bollywood Trade News Network

If Big B's KBC was famous for its 'Lock kar diya jaaye...'a fad in the first season of the game, then SRK came with his new mantra too in the same show and current one being 'Kya aap paanchvi paas se tez hain'.

But Salman Khan is about to set an all-new trend. 'Chaap do' (a word used in the show to finally confirm the answer) and 'desh ki avaam' (a word used to say how or what the country thinks / reacts) is about to become a rage after '10 Ka Dum'. Don't be surprised if the little pigtail is going to make a style statement too! Whether it is his keyword or style statement one thing is for sure... Salman makes news whatever he does!

Check out Salman's new terminology in '10 Ka Dum'.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/0 ... 060813.asp

shefali_123 thumbnail
Hum Dil De Chuke, Salman!

By Sarita Ravindranath | Wednesday, 11 June , 2008, 16:23

One more superstar hopped on to television last weekend with answers to profound questions like: Kitne pratishat Bhartiyon ne apni suhaag raat sirf sokar bitayee hai? (What percentage of Indians has 'just slept' on their wedding night?)

What percentage of Indians sees Lalu Prasad as an ideal husband?

Dus ka Dum and Salman Khan bring you answers to weird statistical probabilities on a show where you don't need any gyaan-vigyaan to walk away with Rs 10 crore. Only a fair amount of common sense, and loads of luck.

What percentage of Indians has milked a cow? (30%) What percentage of Indians supports intercaste marriages? (54%) What percentage of Indians reads the newspaper in the toilet? (24%). Surprised? In a country where even election exit polls are way off the mark, you can't really expect close-to-the-truth answers for those questions, can you?

So don't look for logic or pop-sociology lessons in Dus ka Dum. Watch it only for Salman Khan.

There's been so much of cloyingly-sweet anchors and almost-perfect role models on television that it's refreshing to have an unpredictable, politically-incorrect actor play host. Salman makes for explosive television because, as always, he elicits extreme reactions: You could cringe or laugh out loud at a comment he makes to a contestant who speaks of his ability to attract women."Mere father ne ek saand paida kiya hai, log apni apni gaai bachain." ("My father gave birth to a stud bull. It is up to the people to keep their cows safe.")

You could see him as a brattish blackbuck-killer. Or like one of the contestants who appear on the show, you could consider him a philanthropist. You could be shocked or revolted when he tries a hand at jailhouse humour by joking about his vacation at a Jodhpur "spa".

Whether you love or hate Salman, eccentric characters and bad behaviour make great television. Especially in the reality show formats that we are used to. What would a Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge be without Himesh Reshammiya's boorish tendency to promote his favourites, even when they don't always sing the best? Would Indian Idol be as entertaining without Anu Malik's rude remarks? And without Kashmira Shah's bitchy act, or Bani's outrageous moves, would a Bigg Boss or a Roadies 3 have been as spicy?

The fun format of Dus Ka Dum seems tailor-made for the actor. Consider Salman's previous appearances on television -- He looked utterly bored on a serious game show like Kaun Banega Crorepati, despite having a Katrina Kaif by his side. On the contrary, he's always been the most popular guest on musical shows. And was both loved and hated when he made a contestant on Zee TV's Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge take off his shirt.

Salman keeps you on your toes because you really don't know what he'll do next. He's almost like that embarrassingly flamboyant and loud relative you might be scared to invite to a family wedding. But from the safe distance that television offers, he's the most entertaining guy you can bring home. After all, which other 40-plus Indian male can ask a woman about her suhaag raat on television -- and get an honest answer for that?

One only hopes that he is allowed a free run, that his spontaneity is not toned down, the way Shah Rukh Khan's massage sessions on Kaun Banega Crorepati vanished after the first few episodes. As Salman himself writes in his blog on the show: "Babu (Siddhartha Basu) is a perfectionist. How do I convince him that my charm lies in being imperfect? And this is what connects me with people. I am as imperfect as my fans are. And nothing would want to make me change that."

Salman may not exactly be hum sab ka Prem, but he's certainly your best Partner on Friday and Saturday nights this season.

http://sify.com/movies/bollywood/fullst ... d=14692689

shefali_123 thumbnail
Yuvraj, Bhajji take guard with Salman

In the first celebrity episode of 10 Ka Dum, it was not Salman Khan's [Images] friends from the film industry but cricket stars Yuvraj Singh [Images] and Harbhajan Singh [Images] who were invited to play the game.

'Yuvi' and 'Bhajji' brought the house down with their banter and quick wit.

This, of course, gives an inkling of what goes on in the Indian dressing room. The fun-filled episode is replete with anecdotes from the two cricketers.

The episode will be telecast on Sony Entertainment Television on June 14, at 2100 IST.

http://inhome.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jun/11yuvi.htm

shefali_123 thumbnail
Buddy buddy baatein

Shubha Shetty-Saha
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 23:59 IST

While Aamir Khan appeared in Salman's TV show for friendship's sake, cricketer Yuvraj Singh teased the host about his girlfriend, reports Shubha Shetty-Saha

Even though Aamir Khan doesn't make appearances on reality shows, he made an exception for buddy Salman Khan.

On Sunday night, sources say, Salman called up Aamir to ask him if he had seen his new show 'Dus Ka Dum'. Even though Aamir is busy with the post production of 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na' and the shooting of 'Ghajini', he had managed to catch Salman's show at a post production studio.

When Aamir said that he had liked him in the show, Salman invited him to be a part of the show. A source close to Aamir says, "Aamir is really busy and he doesn't do much television. Earlier he had gone on the sets of Kaun Banega Crorepati for a charitable cause. He appeared on the show Little Champs show because it had to do with kids. But this time he purely agreed for his friend Salman."

Aamir went along with his nephew Imran Khan (debuting in Jaane Tu…) and reached the studios at one in the morning. Salman patiently waited for them and got an episode shot.

Salman also had some other guests who were not his colleagues. Cricketers Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh (Bhajji) made an appearance and ended up ragging Salman. When Salman asked the duo how they could play so untiringly, while he gets exhausted just running, Bhajji quickly said, "It depends on who you are running after…was it Vivek Oberoi whom you were running after?"

When Salman asked the duo to name their favourite actress Yuvi wickedly said, "Katrina Kaif" to which a blushing Salman added, "Mine too." Bhajji however, was diplomatic and said, "Mine is Lara Dutta but I like Katrina too."

Yuvi and Bhajji managed to touch the one crore mark in the show. Half of that amount was donated to Salman's charity foundation Being Human, Rs 25 lakh was given to a charity run by Yuvraj's mother and the rest to the little ill boy, who Harbhajan had visited recently at a hospital in Agra.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1170492

Edited by shefali_123 - 15 years ago
shefali_123 thumbnail
'I have learnt so much from 10 Ka Dum'

Salman Khan has started his innings in television with 10 Ka Dum, and he seems very happy about his show. We quizzed the star about his experience and if we can expect to see Katrina Kaif on the show anytime soon. Excerpts:

Are you enjoying yourself on the show?
Yeah. I love it because the people, who come for the show, are very good and rational. There is no difference between them and me. Everybody needs money but when they are out of the show, they don't have regrets. They leave the show with in a happy frame of mind and that's commendable. I am proud of the citizens of this country.

I feel good that my mindset and way of thinking is very similar to those who participate in the show. It's only now that I have finally understood why I am at this level. It's because I think in a similar way as the others.

In this one-hour show, you have to do things impromptu. Was it difficult?
No. It's great fun that I get to speak from my heart. There are times when whatever I say sounds good while at other times, it might not sound good to others.

Did you learn anything from any contestant?
I have learnt so many things from this show. The biggest lesson is that you have to laugh whenever you are tensed.

Will you rope in other celebrities on the show?
I think I will invite Sanjay Dutt and Govinda. Aamir Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh just recorded an episode for us. Whenever such celebrities come, then winning money is not their primary concern. They donate their money to charity.

When will Katrina Kaif and Shah Rukh Khan come for your show?
I don't know about Katrina but we will bring in SRK. But a formal invitation is yet to be given.

Do you think celebrities are necessary to sustain interest for the show?
Let me tell you one thing. The intention of this show is not to up its TRP ratings by roping in celebrities at regular intervals. The only intention of this show is that if a celebrity comes in and wins money, it will go to a charitable institution. If a contestant wins money, he will be able to support his or her family.

So how popular is Salman Khan? Is it 25 percent, 50 percent, 75 percent or 100 percent?
It's 0 percent because mere talking amounts to nothing. If I were to say 100 percent, that would amount to nothing either. It hardly matters if it's zero or 100. You can see how popular Salman Khan is.

What did your father Salim Khan like 10 Ka Dum?
He said that the show is very good. But he said that I need to work harder. It's a big responsibility on my shoulders and everything has to be done seriously. This time, it's a different platform and I want to take the show to a different level. He told me that the show must be taken to a different level so that people respect me.

It was reported that Katrina wasn't given good treatment at Bangkok for the IIFA awards. Is it true?
I am not her secretary. She is a grown up and intelligent person, who can sort out her own problems.

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jun/12sli1.htm

shefali_123 thumbnail
Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day 15 - 10 Ka Dum

For nineteen long years I have been showered with love & affection from my fans and it is more than evident on the sets of 10 Ka Dum. Each time I shoot an episode I have the chance of meeting someone new and introducing them to you. The time I spend with them is so real, so full of fun that I actually forget all my tiredness and any tensions that I might have. The thrill of it all keeps me energized and I can go on and on …in a unique way it drives me.

With the real people in the audience, real contestants handpicked from the masses and the sheer number of people who entered for auditions… it was a bit like the first stage of a T20 match. On TV we have shows that are like the 5 day Test, some are like the 50over game but 10 ka Dum really has elements of today's cricket – TwentyTwenty! It needs skill, courage and intuition. I believe all the makings of a thrilling watch. Am sure you all enjoyed the first dumdaar weekend as much as I did.

Even the studio audience seemed to enjoy the positivity of the game. They were so involved. The wagon wheel of light hearted questions and answers spread laughter and fun and it was like enjoying an evening among friends. I was not so familiar with the multi-camera system of television. A crew member informed me that the main camera is so sensitive that it can capture the slightest of muscular movement on the face. The lens may even peep right into the performer's soul. But I liked that. I like the open honesty of the camera and the contestants in front of me… there was nothing to hide, I was amongst friends. I did not mind all the questions they asked me…. The advice they offered, because I know they came from a space of love and not with any malice. Not that I wasn't left embarrassed though J

In our very first episode when my first contestant, the exuberant Akshata Tiwarekar missed the 1 Crore, that too by such a narrow margin, I felt miserable. My heart bled for her. She had played so well and her infectious spirit and laughter brought so much energy to the show… I realized just how truly great we can become, only because of our attitude.

She was fantastic and even when I was so hugely disappointed for her sake, she took it in her stride. She symbolized the gut, courage and will to survive - the hallmark of being alive. Your attitude is what defines who you are!

shefali_123 thumbnail
Katrina on DKD

Have you seen his new show till now?
No, I was away at the IIFA when it launched, so I haven't seen it as yet. I will catch it this weekend for sure.

But have you been on the sets of the show prior to the big launch when he was just shooting for the episodes?
(Laughs) I am not going to talk about that.

What sense do you get of the show?
I think it's nice. I feel it is going to do really well as it is a mass-oriented show and I think it has a mass appeal and people will really like it.

What do think about all big stars taking to TV?
After so many years of working in movies, you want to try something different. If it makes more financial sense, why not? At the end of the day, to secure your future is the criteria in this industry.

But Salman is reportedly getting 50 crores a film… does he really need to secure his future?
I don't know.. you just did an interview with him… you should go ask him (winks).

http://www.mid-day.com/web/guest/entert ... groupId=14

shefali_123 thumbnail
Friday, 13 June 2008

Sallu ban gaya KING KHAN!

Who is the real King Khan?

If TV ratings are anything to go by, it is Salman and not Shah Rukh! And Sallu has bested the Bollywood Badshah by a decent margin.

The game show he hosts on Sony, 'Dus ka Dum', was the numero uno on the first day, according to Amap's six metro ratings. The show garnered an average TVR of 2.81 and a peak rating of 4.5. Shah Rukh's show in Star Plus, 'Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez hai?' came a distant second with an average rating of 1.37 TVR and a peak rating of 2.3. 'Paanchvi Paas', which had begun much earlier, got punched on the chin by the IPL cricket in the beginning and has now been mopped by a muscular Sallu. Amap, a TAM rival, is a widely followed TV-rating agency.

'Dus ka Dum' was launched on June 6. Hrithik Roshan's 'Junoon — Kuch Kar Dikhane Ka', launched on the same day in NDTV Imagine, managed only an average TVR of 0.76; the peak rating was 1.1, much less than that of the one hosted by Shatrughan Sinha in Star One, 'The Great Indian Laughter Challenge 4'. On day two of DKD, Salman Khan reigned supreme with an average TVR of 2.27 and a peak rating of 3.5 TVR. 'Kya Aap Paanchvi Paas Se Tez hai?' also picked up with the ratings.

What makes Salman's show a success? Industry watchers say there is a novelty value in seeing him on the small screen, unlike Shah Rukh and Hrithik who have come on and off. Salman's immense popularity with Indian households is also a factor.

His followers say it is the positive energy and cheer that he brings to the table that makes all the difference.Drawn on the lines of the US game show, 'Power of 10', 'Dus ka Dum' gives the contestants an opportunity to win Rs10 crore, the biggest prize money (to date) on Indian television, by answering just five questions. The contestant has to predict what would be the opinion of the Indian people. The prize money starts from Rs10,000. Thereafter wins grow by the power of 10 and losses shrink by the power of ten.

Salman Khan, it is believed, will cost Sony around Rs 90 crore. Akshay Kumar, though he is contracted for a single 16-episode season of 'Khatron Ke Khiladi' (a 'Fear Factor' take-off) for Colors, the yet-to-be-launched channel, will be charging around Rs 15 crore-20 crore. Akshay will be starting off with 13 women celebrities.

Why are these channels running behind Bollywood stars? Aren't they too expensive for the whims of the Idiot Box? Says Colours CEO Rajesh Kamat: "It is one way of cutting through the clutter and getting into Indian homes quickly." That was just what happened to Star Plus, whose fortunes changed all of a sudden with Amitabh Bachchan's mega hit 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'.

On the flip side, telly success has eluded most Bollywood bigwigs, including Anupam Kher, Manisha Koirala and Govinda. Shah Rukh-hosted KBC also had to flash a sad "The End".

Source: India Syndicate

http://entertainment.in.msn.com/bollywood/article.aspx?cp-do cumentid=1459554