Crisis tips: energy, climate & food (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

priyav

IF-Dazzler

priyav

Posted: 11 June 2008 at 12:20pm | IP Logged
jenim,
i dont have bugs issue..i have a friend who has a great backyard and she grows tomato, lemon, squash..i will check with her.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Crisis tips: energy, climate & food (Page 3)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bonheur

Goldie

Bonheur

Posted: 15 June 2008 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Computer usage

I just read somewhere that laptops are more energy efficient than desktops. (Of course, laptops also allow you to switch to battery mode, using which is a must if you want to preserve the battery. When I first switched over to a laptop, I happily used electricity in preference to the battery and within a year or so, the battery died.)

Apparently screen savers don't really save energy; it's best to manually activate the sleep mode

On a separate matter, I understand that it's important to remove the lint from clothes dryers after every cycle so that energy efficiency improves.

Yosh

Goldie

Yosh

Posted: 21 June 2008 at 3:03pm | IP Logged

Thanks so much for the petrol filling tips. Have past them onto my parents.

We have a backyard, so we normally dry clothes on the washing line but the washing machine is a must, I don't see an alternative to that. LOL Got a couple of light saver bulbs up but they can be a bit dull at times. As for plastic bags, well they've started charging 2 pence per bag in some stores like Marks & Spencers so that's got us using alternative means.

My room light is also swtiched off atm though it 10pm and therefore very dark. But that's me being too lazy to get up and switch it on rather than being energy efficient. LOL

And ^^ Bonheur, oh damn, I always thought that using electricity in preference to battery, preserves the battery of a laptop. Whoops LOL. It's reaching it's 2 year birthday though, and it seems okay, or so I think.

jenim

Goldie

jenim

Posted: 24 June 2008 at 3:06pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Bonheur

Computer usage

Apparently screen savers don't really save energy; it's best to manually activate the sleep mode 

Yup..
http://green.yahoo.com/blog/forecastearth/49/you-don-t-still -use-a-screen-saver-do-you.html

Post Reply New Post

Go to top