MTV Roadies 9 : Everything or Nothing

On the 'road' to Bollywood-Ashu-Article

rosewood104 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

On the 'road' to Bollywood

Ashutosh and Sonel (Photo courtesy: MTV)
For MTV Roadies 5.0 winner Ashutosh Kaushik the journey from Saharanpur in UP to Kuala Lumpur and then to Bollywood has been the stuff that dreams are made of.

The young lad, who runs a 'dhabha' in the northernmost corner of UP, had no idea what lay in store when he auditioned for MTV Roadies 5.0. The reality show not only bought him international acclaim but also the ultimate ticket to Bollywood and of course, a true friend in fellow contestant Sonel. Here's the winner, in a candid chat on his journey so far, future plans, love and more...

Being a part of Roadies
For Ashutosh, the 40-day journey has been phenomenal, to say the least. "It's been an amazing experience. I can never forget my Jaipur auditions because after being rejected twice (Delhi and Chandigarh), I finally made it to the finals there."

Things you learnt from the show : Be physically fit to do the tasks, have the ability to communicate both in English and Hindi and speak only when required.

Mantra to survive on the show : Make friends, trust them, perform, earn immunity and if nothing works, play some mind games.

The person you hated the most : Prabhjot. She had the devil's mind and always stood against me. She even confronted Sonel as to why she helped me win the show.

International stint : I didn't enjoy much because there was no good food and no fellow Indians with whom we could speak; all we could see were the skyscrapers.

Prize money and the Karizma bike : I always had the passion to ride a Karizma but never had the money to buy one. As far as the prize money is concerned, I will give it to my parents because it's due to them that I am here.

Bollywood calling
The show is over; it is time to chase the Bollywood dream. In this pursuit, Ashutosh has already joined the Anupam Kher School of acting. 

Ask him about the kind of roles he is looking forward to and pat comes the reply, "I am ready to do every kind of role that comes my way, though personally, I like action roles a lot...just like Akshay Kumar."

Any offers so far? "A few directors including Vishal Bhardawaj and Mahesh Manjrekar have approached me with certain roles that completely suit my personality."

When cupid struck...
Ask him about his first encounter with Sonel and he is quick to recall, "I had seen her pictures but didn't know she was among the 13 finalists. I first met her at the airport and found her quite attractive. She was the one who initiated the talks. I told her that I am not very good with English, so she switched to Hindi."

So is the man all set for his first date? "Yes, we will surely go out next month. I have not planned anything special; let me first understand what exactly a 'date' is!"

Ashutosh may have preferred good-friend Nihal to Sonel while choosing the final two in the show but he doesn't hesitate in giving full credit of his triumph to Sonel. "It's entirely due to Sonel that I won the show. She has always helped me in vote-outs."

"I didn't choose her to be with me in finals because I had already promised Nihal that if I get a chance, I'll take him to top two. Moreover, Sonel always wanted me to win, so it was a pretty fair call," Ashutosh explains.

But once again, when he had the option of giving bikes to his co-contestants, why didn't he consider Sonel? "She's got me, now what else does she want?" he says with a smile.
cheers
resh

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priyankap thumbnail
cool answers huh....last line was lyk a punch line..lol

-priya
-aditi- thumbnail
lyked that byk answer 😛 😆 no need of sonel to have a byk when he already has!
thnx 😛 😃 😳
-Mink- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for da article
ashu is very cute
i loved da last line 😳
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lolz...last line was funny 😆 Hes a nice guy...good luck to him! Thank you!! 😊
mehrosh thumbnail