Page 1 of 1

___fanaa4u___

Goldie

___fanaa4u___

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 3:52am | IP Logged

read this....Wink

Brett Lee to launch underwear line

Source: AAP - June 4, 2008

Cricketer Brett Lee is shaping up as Australia's answer to David Beckham, launching his own line of men's underwear and modelling them himself.

The fast bowler has collaborated with fashion designer Bruno Schiavi to develop Acestar - a range of y-fronts, trunks, boxers and sleepwear in organic cotton and bamboo fibres, which will hit stores in August.

"We are trying to achieve that trendy look - with an inkling of cricket through the underwear as well," Schiavi said.

Lee said he wanted to create a collection that was cool, sporty but also, importantly, affordable.

"You see these other brands and they're worth $35 to $45 for a pair of briefs or a pair of boxer shorts and trunks and stuff," Lee told AAP.

"Sixteen and 17-year-old kids can't afford that.

"So we can make briefs with the highest quality with the fabrics we've got for under $10."

Lee has been working in the fashion industry since the age of 18 when he completed a retail traineeship with Barclay's in Sydney.

He launched his own menswear label, BL, in 2001, focusing on suits, shirts and jackets.

The underwear range is a natural extension of his long-term interest in fashion, he says.

"I just fell in love with fashion and I've been there ever since," he said.

"This just had to happen."

Schiavi has previously collaborated with singer Delta Goodrem on her lingerie line, as well as developing a homeware collection with Priscilla Presley.

He said pairing with Lee was the easiest yet.

"He has the experience and that's what actually makes it a lot easier to work with Brett," Schiavi said.

"He is very fashionable, he's known for his sense of style, he does have his own menswear label as well, so it just makes sense."

Schiavi compared Lee to soccer superstar and fashion icon David Beckham.

"I think people like the Beckhams have really opened a lot of people's eyes - if you look at what they've done with sport and fashion I think that's what we're basically trying to do here as well," he said.

"Brett is an amazing cricket player but also I think he's like the guy next door, he's very clean cut, he's very much like Beckham."

Lee will model the underwear himself in ads for the Acestar range, which will be shot in July.

Far from being daunted by the prospect, Lee said he relished the opportunity.

"I'm actually looking forward to it," he said.

"Without being conceited, it's a new challenge for me and one I'm really excited about.

"I didn't want people to just see my face next to a label. I'm all about hands on."

The underwear, which will retail for between $12.99 and $16.99, will be sold in Big W stores and updated every three months.

and....

In his long career as one of Australia's favourite cricketers, paceman Brett Lee has never been one to stand accused of ball tampering. Before now, that is.

With his own mens underwear and pyjama range set to roll out, the cheeky bowler admits he has spent months picking at seams - for fashion's sake.

Having turned his hand to Bollywood (to rave reviews), Lee has teamed up with celebrity creative Bruno Schiavi to launch the designer label, Acestar.

"We're bowling in tandem," Lee told Confidential about the new joint venture with Schiavi, who has made millions through similar deals with Delta Goodrem and Priscilla Presley.

Lee has spent six months sketching and sourcing briefs, even road-testing the smalls on his Cricket Australia teammates.

After taking five wickets for 59 yesterday on tour in the West Indies, clearly the comfort factor of Lee's smalls side business is having an impressive effect on his game.

"Well, cricket is all about confidence. You've got to be comfortable out there," he said.

While not exactly fumbling through players' lockers, Lee said the stylistas of the Test team, including Shane Watson, Mitchell Johnson and Michael Clarke, had offered, um, support and handy hints.

The range will feature cricketing touches, such as stitching to reflect the seam of a shiny six-stitcher.

But the cricketing jocks have vowed to leave the modelling to their mate "Bing".

"There's nothing fabricated," Lee said, laughing off fears about exposing himself and his package for the advertising shoot next month.

Acestar will sell exclusively through Big W stores nationally from late August.

Main toh definitely buy karungi...lolz....Big W is just nearby....

ur comments....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Brett Lee to launch his own underwears" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mrs.Brett Lee

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 05 June 2008 at 11:49am | IP Logged
_fanna4u_ lolz u so damn lucky..U liv in australia..I liv in India Cry n i dont even no wht is Big w..lolz..he is jst soooooo cute...n u posted dis article..I have started lyk even more..yaar Embarrassed seriously...I want tht underwear..ok m i saying sick..bt I really want it.. Cry lolz..buy it..n den take a foto n send it to me naa.. Embarrassed Embarrassed
LMAO..Brett rockss..!!hehehe..launching his underwear...haha..tht's so funny LOL ..I soo wnna c it..lolz..

N yeah he is very much lyk Beckham..both luk hot..bt Br8's better for me..lolz..
Gr8 article..u no i cudn't actually stop laffing..hehe..hearin dis..n seriously me very happy..he is doing dis

Post Reply New Post

Go to top