rainbow thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Continued from page 1.......

If your reason for posting updates is  only to get a sense of acomplishment and an ego high then I can see how it really may bother u. But only a person who in their entire life has never crossed over to the wrong side of copy right's line can cast the first stone. My question to all of you with Holier than thou attitude is, Does any of the following ring a bell?...

1 You may have  dounloaded stuff from internet that you knew wasn't absolutely kosher?music files etc.. (2) you may have made a photocopy of a page from a text book  in your student days without prior written permission from the author.(3) If you rent Desi movies anywhere in the world a great majority are copies,and you patronise by renting them.(4) most products u buy made in china or even India may have some copy right thefts.

Look all I  want to say is your approach to this whole thing is kind of childish. I do like the updates by Ash better becuse she doesn't add her own coments in between and the language has a better flow.So don't be so hard on her ,we all need to get along to make this world a better place.

peace and love to all.

Edited by rainbow - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

doc72279 thumbnail

well guess wat.  if u like ash's updates better (which is very strange cuz they are not even written by her to begin with so that statement doesn't really even make sense!)  but anyway if u'd like to read JP's updates then u come to JP and read them.  and if you'd like to read them here at this place then tell your ash or ur vijay to write the updates themselves and stop copying and editing jp's updates.  the author is the one to decide where they want their updates to be seen.  and the author has clearly stated that the updates should not be seen anywhere but jp.

rainbow thumbnail
Yes I do like Ashes style of writing much better. She is certainly a much better writer so her editing does make a big difference.
doc72279 thumbnail
i cannot believe that u still believe that ash is the writer of the updates.  is the point not getting across to u that zainu from jp is the writer?  all ash does is delete her comments.  and if u want clarification for that then ask ur ash urself as she has already admitted to it.  anyway....i'm really tired of this discussion now as there is nothing left to say.  for the last time i'm saying this hopefully.  for those who want to see daily updates...u are welcome to come to jassi_pretty and see them.  for those who want to continue to see updates being posted here...well its not gonna happen.  we are not going to let our updates be further copied here from now on.  so you basically have 2 choices.  either you come to jassi_pretty to read updates daily or u request ash or vijay or whoever else to write THEIR OWN updates THEMSELVES. 
grinchluver thumbnail
If we all need to get along to make this world a better place...and we r being childish and immature...then I guess u have baadapan that we don't. In that case since u r the more cultured and morally fulfilling type then we r why not start off by making a point and not copying updates. I don't know what you guys DO NOT get...how is it so hard to simply take the jassi_pretty link and post it here daily for ppl to click and view the update. If the original's updates r so inconvienent and bothersome for u w/the added on comments-then find someone else who can write updates for u. Obviously it must not be so hard...instead of putting an effort into editing the updates that don't rightfully belong to u-put the effort into finding someone who ACTUALLY wants to update for u. Puja there's no point arguing or trying to get across any point here...generally ppl who start the talk and preaching of morals and values are the last ones to follow it-which is quite apparent here so no use wasting our time and energy. In the end it's the truthful ppl who win-so no need to prove any point.
Anonymous thumbnail

Has anyone noticed that in ALL the posts made..no one has ever even tried to give an explanation for why the updates on JP are so very sacred that they can only be viewed on that site...even if JP is given the credit on another site..the updates are STILL NEVER allowed to leave that one forum.

And please there is no need to accuse Rainbow of preaching...that's exactly what she was NOT doing. She was trying to point out that everyone is NOT so pious and that everyone has plagarised/used pirated stuff at some point in there life..so you guys should really not preach people on THIS site about having no self dignity!

First of all..plagarism happens when you directly lift off stuff and claim it to be written by you...Ash NEVER did that...so she was NOT plagarising. Secondly, she did NOT know about the JP site and that the author didn't want their stuff copied...so she was not even going behind anyone's back and upsetting them.

Right now i understand everyone is really hot and bothered at the moment. And no one is in the mood to listen. But seriously...take a rational approach and think about this situation. 

doc72279 thumbnail
exactly wat u need to do.  think about it and stop acting like a baby.  we've tried to tell u nicely but that didn't work...and even yelling isn't getting our point across to u.  but in simple words.  the update should no longer be copied period.  the author of the update has decided that as well as the group.  there should not be anything further to say. 
Anonymous thumbnail
Ok fine whatever. I can't believe that I along with you guys have expended so much time and energy over such a trivial matter(yes now i expect comments on "how can you call this a trivial matter" or "aha i see we have won cos one of them has decided to back down"). Divert your extra time to go do better things in life guys. I think I shall go do that now!
doc72279 thumbnail
thank you anonymous for showing some maturity and ending it from your side.  i guess the others in ur forum need to learn from u how to talk with respect and use some respect and dignity in their lives.  and i agree...we have wasted too much time on discussing something which should've just stopped without discussion.  if your other members  (they know who they are) had aaraam se listened to us not to copy the updates from now on then we all would've utilized our time much better and more wisely. 
armaanluver thumbnail
ok everyone...we all have had a bad attitude problem..so lets try to solve it!! ok..please stop copying the updates..meaning please aish stop taking the updates from whatever site and erasing the comments meaning "editing" it and posting it making it ur work. then we will all leave this group and never talk to u guys again..deal? And thanks anonymous for being so calm about it..so guys..please! and we are very sorry on our behalf for acting this way...what do u say aishwarya?