love_Jassi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Sorry......spelling mistakeBaisakhi RoyBaisakhi Roy😆 it's Hot Parmeet....😆

Sunday December 12, 3:50 AM

Celeb Choice: Parmeet Sethi

Celeb Choice: Parmeet Sethi, Actor

WHAT I CARRY IN MYWALLET: Cards, all my paid bills and some change. I don't carry photographs as they get spoilt.

FIVE THINGS I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT: Playing sports (preferably tennis), my wife's bickering, early morning smiles on my children's faces, my chauffeur and my mom's biryani.

MY MOST RECENT PURCHASE: Furniture for my new home which I bought a week ago.

WHERE I LIKE SHOPPING THE MOST: Amsterdam and Singapore. In India, my favourite designer is Wendell Rodricks in Goa. His clothes have that summery feel and are comfortable to wear.

I GET MY MUSIC FROM: I listen to 92.5 FM Go Music which plays the right mix of international and Indian songs.

WHAT IWOULD WEAR ON A HOT DATE: A lot of attitude and a smile. Though my favourite colour is white.

WHAT IWEAR ON SUNDAYS: You can catch me roaming around in just shorts.

WITH A TWIST : Parmeet Sethi, actor
JENNY MANDEL
Mumbai, January 10: What is your strongest memory about food?
I was in a school where it was compulsory to drink milk every day. I was a big show-off and, in Class VI, I once drank 14 bottles in 20 minutes. I made a new school record—but was puking for half an hour. And now, what's 'your' drink?
That's easy: Bacardi and soda, with ice. The latter two have no calories, which I'm trying to cut back on—otherwise, I'd prefer pure alcohol!
What's the scariest utensil in your kitchen?
The non-stick frying pan. After years of scraping it with a metal spoon, it's got everything but 'non-stick' on it. I hate using it, especially for eggs. I like my eggs done exactly right, with the yolk intact. And in this pan, everything becomes a mess. For a quiet evening alone, what will you have for dinner?
I'd just go to the Taj hotel's Zodiac Grill, Apollo Bunder. I've been there on several 'big' occasions, when I'd wished I was alone and could just relax. They take good care of you, make you feel special. Failing that, a huge helping of my mum's biryani—it's the most incredible in the world. It's the perfect TV dinner. What do you eat when you are in a bad mood?
Mum's biryani, rajma chawal or sambar—they immediately make me feel good. As for desserts, I'm not a sweet person. Well, I am a sweet guy, but not a sweet-toothed guy. What would you have airlines serve, to better their reputation?
It would be best if we brought our own food. And airlines can just stick to peanuts—how wrong can you go with that? What was the tastiest thing you tried this holiday season?
I really enjoyed the sushi at the Oberoi hotel's new restaurant, Tiffin, at Nariman Point. I don't know much about sushi, so I just asked the chef for the best items on the menu. It all goes down well with a little sake. What dish do you think your wife most resembles?
A chocolate eclair. On the outside it's a bit tough but, inside, it's soft. When you bite in, it can get messy—but it's yummy all the same!

WITH A TWIST: Archana Puran Singh, actress
Baisakhi Roy
Mumbai, December 13: Ideally, where would you lay your table?
When I'm having a wonderful meal, I feel on the top of the world. So, I'd choose a mountain top, with the sky as a backdrop and a great view ahead.

What was your most embarrassing fine-dining moment?
I was once treating my friends at a five-star restaurant. After the meal, I noticed a bowl of chilli pickle and decided to chew on it. After a minute of hard-core chewing, I realised I was, in fact, munching on a half-smoked bidi! I didn't know how to react and was thoroughly embarrassed. But it was the hotel's mess-up and so I wasn't charged for my meal.

What was your silliest tipsy antic?
I'm a social drinker but Holi is one occasion I go all out on. Once, when we were celebrating at Amitabh Bachchan's home, I saw a young lady being dunked by some guys. She was probably okay, but in my high spirits, I caught hold of one of the boys—a family friend—and socked him. I couldn't remember a thing the next morning but apologised to him anyway.

What vegetable do you think your husband most resembles?
When in a good mood, Parmeet's (Sethi) like a sweet, little potato. On a bad day, he's like the bitter gourd—long-faced and unappetising. What about you?
When I was plump, my friends called me kaddu (pumpkin). But now, I think I look like a svelte and slender bhindi.

And what vegetable would you like to be reborn as?
A potato. Everybody loves it. And I can wed with almost every other existing vegetable. How would you torture an enemy with food?
That's easy. Slow death by lemon juice—right in the eyes!

For what dish would you forsake a date with the hottest of guys?
When I was a kid, my ayah made the most sinful parathas, dripping with butter, and served with curd. If I had a chance to eat her parathas again, I wouldn't give it up for any man.

Edited by love_Jassi - 19 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

ðŸ˜† Funny and sooooooo cute.Eclairs and potato!!!

I love this couple.God bless their marriage.

jprasad thumbnail
I know Parmeet and his wife sound so cute!
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks love_Jassi...

They are opposite each other and yet so cute together.