Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Because Fate Wills it (V-S-J Maayka) (Page 2)

preeti_saarrthi Goldie
preeti_saarrthi
preeti_saarrthi

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by bhavana02

Glad you liked it...."passionate" - I'll let you be the judge of that LOL...there will be passion and soon, but maybe not as you expected...God, I love being teasing Big smile Wink!!

not as i expect??? lemme seeWink..........abt the teasing thing....join the club bhavsLOL

anyalolita Goldie
anyalolita
anyalolita

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 5:22am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lovepyar08

ok..Is this a romance novel or what? This is great.MORE MORE MORE Clap

Uhh...details and background coming up...yeah, i guess it's romance...Smile

Originally posted by preeti_saarrthi

Originally posted by bhavana02

Glad you liked it...."passionate" - I'll let you be the judge of that LOL...there will be passion and soon, but maybe not as you expected...God, I love being teasing Big smile Wink!!

not as i expect??? lemme seeWink..........abt the teasing thing....join the club bhavsLOL

Well, of course!Wink

Happy you all liked it...now we continueBig smile

anyalolita Goldie
anyalolita
anyalolita

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Intro/Context - Important, please read before starting the FF

This fanfiction begins during the episode of Maayka of 30th August 2007, when it is discovered that Soni's marriage is taking place with an old man. From that point on I am continuing it as the serial, with the same characters, but my own twists. Each chapter will be from the point of view of either Veer, Soni or Jeet. Clarifications are given for both viewers and non viewers below.

For viewers:
You will be familiar with the dialogues at the beginning and what's going on, you don't need help here Tongue Smile Wink.

However, a teeny request - I am hoping to improve my characterization and dialogue. You know the characters from the serial. If at any point you think a person isn't behaving or speaking the way you expect them to, leave a little note in your comment. It would be much appreciated.

For non viewers:
Let me get ready for the typing extravaganza and big explanation that's to follow Tongue:

Malhotra family - Rajji, Soni, Mahi (aged in that order),their parents, who don't feature.

Khurana family - Durga Khurana, Mr Khurana (the parents), Lovely Bua (Mr K's sister) and their children - Veena (dead, left behind a baby girl, Simran), Veer, Jeet, Jyoti.

Okayyy, story so far...so Veer K fell in love with, married Rajji M, and Mahi married Shabd Sareen, Veer's cousin. Durga K is the mother in law from hell, accompanied by her spiteful sidekick and daughter Jyoti she despises Rajji because her family are not as well off as them.

The whole Malhotra family, except Soni and Mahi are killed in a bomb blast, Mr M is thought to have been a terrorist (he wasn't). Soni goes to live with the Ks. Mahi is happily married but has her own little problems (which I won't concentrate on). Soni and Jeet fall in love, nobody realises except Durga and Jyoti. They send Jeet out of town on family business for a few days, and get her marriage arranged to an old man without anyone realising.

On the wedding day, Mr K and Veer find out the guy dressed up as the groom is an oldie Tongue. Durga tries to force the marriage ahead anyway. Veer, the nice guy, realises he has to marry Soni to save her honour (although he is still grieving for Rajji). And somewhere in the midst of this tamasha is where our story begins.

To everyone - I write for readers as much as for myself. Just do me a favour and enjoy it Big smile

Edited by bhavana02 - 04 June 2008 at 6:10am
anyalolita Goldie
anyalolita
anyalolita

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 5:59am | IP Logged
One - Veer

"I won't let you marry this man...come on, Soni," said Mahi, her voice firm and determined. "Mummyji and Daddyji may no longer be here, but I am."

Veer looked up, guilt settling over him. Hadn't he accepted that responsiblity, wasn't it he who had reassured Soni that he would be her maayka? He was struck then by the difference between the two sisters. Mahi - younger, more idealistic and happily married - standing up for her sister in what she thought was a simple matter of right and wrong.

Veer knew that it could not be ended by Soni walking away, though he wished otherwise. And perhaps Soni realised it herself, for she stood like a deer caught in front of oncoming headlights - terrified, helpless, beautiful. She carried her burdens inside her heart, without allowing them to surface to anyone but herself, and Veer knew she needed protecting more than Mahi, with all her youthful innocence, ever would.

How could his mother have been so misguided? To think that money could make up for a life of misery? He wished he could shut out her words but she kept speaking, the blow coming again and again, making his anger slowly rise.

"People see you as daughters of a terrorist. Who would marry this girl?"

Why did she give in so easily to the community, despite knowing the truth? His own mind recoiled at the thought of handing his sister in law over to such a man.

"If this wedding does not take place, your sister will remain a spinster forever," his mother continued feelingly. "With the stain of your father's reputation, and the pain of being alone, there will be nothing but thorns to bear in her life!"

Soni was trembling with silent, painful tears, while beside her, unable to contradict the truth of his mother's words, Mahi was frozen, horrified. Veer looked away, trying to gather his thoughts, but he knew what he had to do, the only thing he could do.

"After knowing all this, who will marry Soni?" the words cut through the air.

I'll make things right, Rajji. At least now.

"With the same faith with which you were about to take your sister away from here, can you tell me the name of even a single man who will accept your sister as his own?"

I'm not mistaken this time. I won't let your sister come to harm again.

"Answer me...who would marry a terrorist's daughter?"

I love you, Rajji. Forgive me for everything.

He looked at his mother, the words at the tip of his tongue...when his eyes flickered beside her to rest on Soni. And suddenly, he was afraid - she was paler than he had ever seen her, face fully drained of blood, and her eyes stared into the distance, disbelief and...something else in them. He noticed her inaudible gasp and her lips move soundlessly as she tried to say something. As he started towards her, half in dread, half in concern, she said, in a shaky voice but very clearly,

"Jeet."

Edited by bhavana02 - 07 June 2008 at 12:16am
rockin12 Senior Member
rockin12
rockin12

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 7:53am | IP Logged
very interesting Bhavana. Re-writing Maayka a little? Wink
star1lives Senior Member
star1lives
star1lives

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 10:04am | IP Logged
ok. Going well. Can't wait to see the next. Please Continue soon. Clap
HOUSTON2007 Senior Member
HOUSTON2007
HOUSTON2007

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
Interesting Bhavana. Ok now let's see where this road leads us. Sounds interesting. Clap
sexy001 Goldie
sexy001
sexy001

Posted: 04 June 2008 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
ok. The Start is made, now we need to see the next til the further. Clap

Go to top