Sports/Cricket

My experience at Wankhede (CSKV/S Punjab)

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

ashi_mania

IF-Rockerz

ashi_mania

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 1:56am | IP Logged
Well hi everyone this is my 1st post here.....n me making this post coz I had been to the Wankhede stadium in Mumbai to watch the Semi final yest Embarrassed and I thought I should share my experience with uTongue....hope u all enjoy reading it

Well though I was supporting Punjab but I have to say.....that the crowd there was pretty much neutral since Mumbai wasnt playing....all they wanted was good cricket.....and we all cheered for everything.....be it a good shot by the Kings Eleven or the CSK......everytime a shot was played or a wicket was snatched......everyone would jump off their seats n start screaming

There was sooo much of a noise that u actually 4get which team u r supporting n start screaming n shouting for anything n everything......the shouts n the screams r certainly contagious LOL......so much so that the unbearable heat of Mumbai also becomes bearable for those 3 hours

Fortunately for me since I was supporting the Kings Eleven.....I was seated right behind the Kings Eleven cheer leaders Big smile.....n my entire stand had way too many Kings Eleven supporters.....infact at both times while entering as well as while leaving the stadium.....I could see quite a few ppl wearing the Kings Eleven T-shirtEmbarrassed......quite a few who had purposely dressed in something red n white to lend their support to themEmbarrassed.....though there were quite a few others too who were wearing the Mumbai Indians T-shirt and some wearing the Indian Team ka T-shirt.....surprisingly amidst so much crowd I couldnt spot anyone wearing the CSK T-shirt Confused

Now coming on to the match......like I said everything was cheered for......even b4 a ball is bowled there were so many shouts n screams........everytime an Indian came to bowl or bat there was sooo much cheer with his name.....esp Yuvi n also when Pathan was given the 1st over

Though it seemed there was a lot of hatred against Sreesanth after his sad episode with Bhajji n I dunno whether this was shown on TV or no but after this 1st over......when it was time for him to bowl the 2nd over.....Yuvi came upto Sreesanth n took the ball from him.....though Sreesanth really wanted to bowl that over but Yuvi was adamant not to give it to him.......n the crowd suddenly started screaming " Royega bhai royega sreesant royega " LOL

The players whom I could spot most of the times with my naked eye were Muralitharan n Yuvi but the players closest to the stand where I was sitting were Gony, Raina and VRV Singh.

Everytime they came close to the stands there was a lot of cheer with their names.....n both Gony n Raina were sporting enough to wave to the crowdBig smile
I have to add that all 3 of them r really very very fair.

Preity Zinta was sitting right opposite to my stand......n I could spot her with my Binoculars EmbarrassedEmbarrassed n that was surely a citi moment of success for me Wink coz she is my fav actress n the main reason I was there at the Wankhede for this very match was herEmbarrassedEmbarrassed.....this is something I will never 4get everBig smile

The other ppl who were the show stealers were the Cheer Leaders....I tell u all these Uncles as well as all these youngsters.....more than taking pix of the cricketers they were all busy clicking pix of the cheer leaders LOLLOL.

Am sure u all dont know this but after every over while u guys watch the ads on TV what happens in the stadium is that once they will play the CSK ka special music n then the next over they play the Kings Eleven ka special music.....n everytime it is played the respective cheer leaders start dancing to their song n none of the guys missed recording those dances Wink
And the over after that they play a special music not related to either of the teams but its groovy n foot tapping for sure n everyone in the crowd really starting dancing everytime it was played......like I said the heat goes for a toss......the team u support doesnt matter anymore.........all u do is enjoy the game of cricket.......n I had a gala time at the stadium.......its an experience I will never ever 4get all my life.......n I am waiting to experience this once again....some time really soon......coz it feels like I have become addicted to it LOL......take my word of advice guys.....if u get a chance do go and watch a match at the stadium live.....u will love it and thoroughly enjoy it Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "My experience at Wankhede (CSKV/S Punjab)" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nsheena

IF-Dazzler

nsheena

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 2:16am | IP Logged
wow!! seems like u had a lot of fun! u r soo lucky!!! wish the finals were held in chennai...
lol.. the cheerleaders seem to hav surpassed the cricketers in popularity Wink hope nxt yr, i get to see the ipl finals live.. Embarrassed
thanks for tellin us of ur experience.. m really jealous though Tongue
v glad CSK won.. am so in love with Gony and Ntini!! Day Dreaming Wink

Star_on_earth

IF-Rockerz

Star_on_earth

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 5:09am | IP Logged
wow!! ^ that sounds cool!! Clap

i havent been to a stadium ever...but ur experience seems exciting....sp. the incidents that r not shown on tv..lol...loved the sreeshant part.. LOL LOL and with the music of both the teams playing it surely must have been an experience not to be forgotton!! Big smile

sim_indian

IF-Dazzler

sim_indian

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 9:46am | IP Logged
WOW!!...lucky you!!..
i have never been to match cause there are never any in Canada..which sucks!
but looks like u had a very nice experiance, and i wish i could've been there LOL
lol..im jealous too..lol.but glad u had fun!

Mrs.Brett Lee

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 10:56am | IP Logged

I am feeling..envious..lolzEmbarrassed..Wow..u r chooooo lucky.....tht u saw the match...I hv never seen a match unless n until u count all dose boring Ranji matches..man tht tym i never watched cricket..n I dont even no whom did I c...I always wanted to c an IPL match..nt I am sure if Br8 ws still playing here I wud hv gone for sure..Embarrassedbt Br8 leftAngryAngryCry..

Ashita I no...lolz..Punjab lost...bt yeah kudos to Chennai for playing wellClapClapn u cud hv taken me to watch the match dearEmbarrassedWink n hey Priety is my favourite actress as well...Tongue..n u saw..Uv..lolz..how ws he luking??Embarrassed..

I actually sort of lyk Chennai Super Kings ke cheerleaders ke outfit..Embarrassed..n hey did u also record the cheerleader's dance as well?Wink..n whom did u go wid lolz??silly question lolz..n btw HOW EXPENSIVE WS THE TICKET???Ok me asking dis..cuz the prize..ws lyk..Rs 2000 n all..lolz..Ouch..

Btw wen everytime all Punjab wickets were falling down..den were u feeling tensed??...While watching the match..I ws saying"Oh shit"...or"What the heck"hehehe..wen all the wickets were falling down..Embarrassed..n hey u cud hv cum on to the TV if u cud hv got a banner lyk"Thr's no excitement in IPL widout Br8 n prietyLOL"..lolz..u cud hv done thtWink.

It's shocking tht no1 wore CSK's shirts...or maybe u dint notice..Beware-"U need glassesLOLWink"..n hey ws Priety luking gud??lolz..n even after deir loss ws she showering her kisses to the players..WinkEmbarrassed..

i am asking too many questions bt yeah u are a very very very lucky gal..yaar..n next time make sure..u take me along wid u..WinkEmbarrassed..

N i suppose..I hv written enuff..bt u no na now it's becum my habit to write big posts..lolzSmile

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 01 June 2008 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us anvesha rulz. It was a fascinating read for us, many of whom have never been to a stadium. Clap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top