Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 15 years ago

Wow, this question arose again? Well, I don't think it will cause too much problem as long as everyone respects another's opinion and doesn't offend anyone.

I'm pretty sure people know what my answer is.😆

Twilight is a good book, but for me, Harry Potter is magical (😆 ignore the pun!). I liked Twilight, but I love Harry Potter, and I think I have a Harry Potter obsession! So for me, Harry Potter is more than Twilight, but yea, the two books shouldn't be compared. One is a romance tale and the other is action/adventure.
Harry Potter rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Why are people comparing these two things? I just dont get WHY? They are so different!
I am huge HP fan, but I havnt read Twilight. Even when I read it, I wont compare them because it's two completely different genres.
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Yea...this topic is getting so boring, somone should close it...quit comparing!!! Both love both!!!
pink_lillies thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
harry potter is so much better written and all of the books are actually good unlike the twilight books which went downhill after the first one... :P
Meeph thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i neva like HP dunno y
buh luv twilite
lukes1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ~Saraa~

TWILIGHT...Ofcourse...U better be hoping that Sam doesnt see this!! She is a HP fan! 😃 😉

me too 😊
pomegranate thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: pink_lillies

harry potter is so much better written and all of the books are actually good unlike the twilight books which went downhill after the first one... :P

i don't know why people are comparing, since both are good in their own ways.

but, when you said twilight saga went downhill after. was that your opinon?
cause twilight  only got better after the first one, thats what the critiques said.
*.:Shriya.:* thumbnail
well im not a harry potter fan honesly but u can tell d@ twi can never ever be as popular as hp no m@ter what
amsjms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3

i have read all of the books in both series even midnight sun (available chapters). i have some points to make:

#1. why compare? both r totally different sort of genres to be compared.

#2. on my opinion rowling's range of plannin for the whole series is outstanding. she is kinda alice but more accomplished as her foresee never betrays her. cant even imagine how she kept the track of each and every thing no matter how big or small or how imporant or trivial right. she answered every single question or confusion in a readers mind throughout the whole 7 book series. no matter how many books has been there between the question and the answer. regardless of the vast seas of characters and incidents. well,in the matter of fact meyer hardly even created a situation like tht. i m not tellin she dint at all but vs rowlin its very tiny amount. so, where rowling is proven to be great meyer is barely tested.

#3. some1 said this series is never gonna be as popular as harry potter. well, cant disagree. i agree twilight series basically stands on romance but when you bring vampires, shape shifters and all ppl expects some more from it, like some power pact  actions. see wat happens in twilight book? no vampire assault displayed since james finds bella interestin at the almost end of the story. then in the ballet studio edward barely touched james. others did the job for him. the screeptwrites had to change a lot in the movie to bring some action ( tho i dint see any point to cut off the blood typin scene at all).

take new moon for example, wat happens? edward leaves, bella gets .... then jake comes....laurent...a lot of mutterin about victoria who never shows up as a real danger to bella apart from laurent. she took a lil too long b4 alice shows up. then wat? a bi action is gonna happen in the volturi land. wat comes at last ? jane's gaze and lot of tension and technically no action. even lengthy for a book sometimes, not at all a movie material. script writer has a lot to do with this.

ecilipse has some real action. tho i realized a hell lot b4 than edward or even bella did tht its vicoria behind all this. but hats off to meyer for a good balanced story.

breaking dawn. sam decieds to attack but again tension but fruitless. bella's pregnancy period is more dialogues less incidents again. the witnesses gathering. bellas practice sessions. war war air. volturi comes after a nightmarish period with all the cullen's hope evaporated. 16 or 17 shape shifters, about hundred of vampires in total but wat the action is? jane's and alec's gaze vs bella's protection?! i dont see any point of killing such opportunity unless the authoress's limitation of portrayin a good action scene no offence only my P.O.V. again a lot of sweats for the script writer.

while harry potter is always full of actions (not combats only but others too). only deathly hallows slowed down a bit in the middle. i gotta admit even in harry potter script writers have a lot to do but there they have to cut the incidents short, dont have to search for it.

last but not the least, i m a harry potter fan indeed but i m a twilight fan also. so i tried to be very honest and neutral about the whole thing. pls forgive me if i have hurt anybody's feelin which wud b very unintentionally done. to be honest, i still dont see any reason to compare but as there is a topic i just wanted to take part.
Edited by amsjms - 15 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks amsjms for the good explanation.👏  Personally, I am getting SO SICK AND TIRED of HP/Twilight comparisons! This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, but PLEASE! No more comparisons! Who seriously cares which book people like? This question has been asked to me SO many times that I'm seriously going to slap the next person who asks me (heehee, I'm kidding!)!

NO MORE COMPARISONS!